1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

NFL will fine players and personnel who don't stand for national anthem

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, May 23, 2018.

1. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

This is different than what the Democrats are doing....how??? A VERY good case could easily be made it is far more descriptive of what they are doing. But, hey, it's all good when your side does it, right?

2. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

3. BigDog63

BigDog63 Member

I found it interesting that, if true, only FIVE Eagles were going to go? Really? Are the Eagles the most liberal team in the league?

Not that they don't have that right, that's just out of proportion to the rest of the world.

I do think you go. Visiting the WH is an honor, regardless of whose in it, plus you lose out on an opportunity to actually talk to the President about whatever your issues with him/her are. Ie, you miss a change to enact actual change, all for petty posturing. That indicates to me you don't actually believe in your cause, or you'd jump at the chance to tell the President you strongly disagree with his position, and why.

FWIW, I can't think of any POTUS that would even come close to where I'd consider not going, even though I haven't been that enthralled with many of them. Nor can I really imagine how bad one would have to be for me to decline. I suppose it would be possible, but I can't really imagine what it would take.

#263 BigDog63, Jun 5, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
    TheresTheDagger likes this.
  4. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

@across110thstreet

5. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Oh cool... the "whataboutism" game. Let's play that internet troll game.

Get the F out of here man. I'm not playing that BS. Yeah, there are "both sides" arguments you could make all day every day, but equating what the right is doing to weaponize online forums, social media, etc. with misinformation, and flat out lies just is no comparison to the realities of the situation.

Ex: Like earlier today when a RightWinger troll here literally said that "since the President didn't commit any crimes, he cannot obstruct justice" which is a flat out lie which he knew (or is an idiot if he doesn't know), but is spreading that lie to confuse public opinion on behalf of King Trump to help confuse the narrative to the public in the next few months when it matters more after reports are issued regarding King Trump's obstruction of Justice inquiry.

Say what you want about my liberalism, or whatever, but point me to where I am knowingly spreading Flat Earth lies every waking moment for the sake of political water carrying for a political leaders agenda. Oh wait.... I'm paid by George Soros who is a secret Nazi who wants to round up all the good ole boy gun loving country listenen Baptists down in Texas and put in concentration camps right?

If I lie for a living, then correct my lies with the facts. If you want to equate me calling out lies to the lies themselves, you are just flat out trolling, and should be called out for being a willing participant in in a propaganda misinformation campaign.

Okay BigDog?

Manny Ramirez likes this.
  6. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Perhaps not a "liberal or conservative" but a sense of right versus wrong, or standing alongside your teammates... and perhaps trump could have handled it differently. Seems he exasperated the situation on a number of times.

Two Sandwiches likes this.
  7. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I imagine it was a peer pressure thing.

8. RocketsLegend

RocketsLegend Member

9. NewRoxFan

yea, patriotism...

conquistador#11 likes this.
  10. NewRoxFan

Malcolm Jenkins describes why... including that ungrateful selfish millionaire who donated his entire salary to charity...

Two Sandwiches and justtxyank like this.
  11. Manny Ramirez

Manny Ramirez The Music Man

[​IMG]

12. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I don’t disagree with you. Like I said, bashing someone, particularly private citizens which these athletes are, for not accepting an invitation to the White House for their own individual reasons is scummy. There is no moral obligation to accept an invite from anyone you don’t have a personal relationship with, including government officials.

13. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

The real test will be when the next media darling is president, will the visits return or be abandoned. What will the reaction be.

I am personally against the visits. Get politics out of sports.

durvasa likes this.
  14. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

C'mon you know the answer to that. This is 100% nothing more than a political b**** fit thrown by the players. If there was another media darling president, especially if that president was some type of minority class the players would be crucified for not going....and by the very same people here whining about how it's not fair to criticize the players for their actions.

You just have to know how these kinds of people are and not expect too much from them. They honestly aren't to be taken too seriously.

15. NewRoxFan

16. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

Well said.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

LOL solid edit.

18. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I tend to agree. I don’t have a big problem with inviting someone or a team of people who accomplished something extraordinary and honoring them. But throwing a fit if they don’t wish to accept the honor is child-like, whether it’s coming from the President (as in the present case), his media sycophants (as in the present case as well as apparently for Obama), or from Internet Warriors (as we see in this thread).

amaru likes this.
  19. dmoneybangbang

Fighting for less inequality and less discrimination for their fellow man while the GOP is successful using their god and faux patriotism as an excuse to discriminate again?

#279 dmoneybangbang, Jun 5, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 5, 2018
  20. dmoneybangbang

Trump is a bully and you stand up to bullies.