1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pardon: trump pardons Dinesh D’Souza

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by justtxyank, May 31, 2018.

1. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Well there's also a structural problem with the DNC primary with the super delegates effectively picking the candidate no matter what the voters say. That can be a good thing in that you'd never get a Donald Trump that way, but it is the sole reason you got stuck with Hillary Clinton too.

When it comes to the GOP, they just need to realize that they can't allow more than 5 or so candidates....and even that's too many honestly. They should put into place a mechanism by which the party can come up with the top 3 candidates and then have the primary elections determine which of the 3 is best.

In short, both parties can learn a lesson from the other. The GOP needs to have the party control the primary more at least in terms of limiting the number of candidates to be voted upon and the Democrats need to relax some of their control and allow for the voice of the people to matter at least a little bit when it comes to picking their nominee.

2. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

I think he is an abrasive, loud mouthed narcissist with weird hair that knows how to manipulate the media and seems to be doing a fairly good job of getting what he wants to do done.

I don't like him but I think he has been better than Hilary would have been. So, at this point in the idiocracy I'd have to say things are going better than expected. If nothing else he has done a fantastic job of keeping the liberals so outraged that they can't come anywhere close to center without fear of being eaten by their own so the Dems will likely lose the next election by a landslide.

3. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Since this seems to be the biggest thing with regard to trump... just curious, if (and note I wrote if) Mueller does find sufficient evidence to warrant articles of impeachment (eg money laundering, emoluments violations, obstruction of justice, and/or criminal conspiracy (collusion for those keep track), would you continue to have such a favorable view of trump, "for keeping liberals (and people who respect the rule of law) so outraged"?

4. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

LOL at the bolded part... you know you voted for Hillary right?

If you can't tell, I don't really have a favorable view of Trump. There are some things that he has done that I'm not upset about but I think those things could be done without pissing off so many people and being an obnoxious ass as the leader of our country.

If he is proven guilty I would be perfectly happy with him getting the same crushing punishment that Hillary received. It isn't going to happen but I'd be ok with it.

LOL, I can't get over "liberals, and people who respect the rule of law".... If there is anything the Clinton's have proven it is that Dems don't give an ish about the rule of law.

5. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

I did vote for Clinton. I am very upfront and honest who I voted for, unlike many trump supporters here. She didn't win... trump di
    You don't have a very favorable view of trump? You've called him an abrasive loudmouth with bad hair. Oooh, that is really looking at the president under a demanding light.

Nothing about his pathological lying. Nothing about his (and his campaign staff's) meetings with Russians. No... you don't like his abrasiveness and hair.

And back to Hillary Clinton again? What crushing punishment did Clinton get?

6. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Let's be real. If Trump actually did pardon himself there would be riots in the street.

7. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

there were riots when he ran and when he won. not too big of a deal.

Bobbythegreat likes this.
  8. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

Those were peaceful riots. I'd be ready for something bigger than that.

9. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

they didn't seem very peaceful

10. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

The cucked GOP, yes.

11. BruceAndre

BruceAndre Member

IKR, it's still hard for me to believe that there are all these leftists, in Houston of all places.....

12. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

That's because you're ignorant, prettty typical for a Trumpanzee.

13. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

I really appreciate the honest answer. I just think he's hurting our democratic institutions way beyond party politics and weird hair. Know what I mean?

And I don't think keeping either party outraged is good for anybody or anything, except the pockets of the media and the 1% of course.

14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

My worries of a Hillary presidency:

Gridlock- Republicans haven't passed much of their wishlist, so it's pretty much the same, just without the public bickering.
    Greasy international corruption ala the non-transparent Clinton Foundation- Kushner and Russia have been gifts that keep on giving...for a price.
    International aggression against enemies of Israel and Saudi Arabia- I guess she'd defend the Iran deal, but moving the embassy to Jerusalem didn't earn many new friends. N. Korea is a trap both parties can nitpick to death.
    Spiraling out of control debt from spend spend spending- I guess Trump is decent a good job at that because Fox News hasn't b****ed and moaned about it. After all, she signs the checks. It's not like we have a legislative branch that decides funding for all government functions.

So you got tax cuts and a rollback on regulations that were passed because those industries ****ed people over (BP/oil, Investment Banks).

Beast Starved?

15. dmoneybangbang

It amuses me that calling other man "cucks" originated from the far right/alt right. They sure know something about cucks!

16. dmoneybangbang

I need something more in life than being able to look smugly at my political opposition.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

You can find them everywhere and you say you'd be surprised to see leftists in Houston but let's not forget that Houston has supplied congress with one of the biggest jokes in government, Sheila Jackson Lee, for 23 years now...so they absolutely exist in Houston.

BruceAndre likes this.
  18. TheresTheDagger

63 million americans voted for Hillary and you believe this?

SMH

19. Amiga

Amiga I get vaunted sacred revelations from social media
    Supporting Member

If that happen and congress does nothing, the USA short experiment is over. Riot? Kill them. That’s a crime? Not after a pardon.

20. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

The only types of crimes that Trump can pardon are those that aren't impeachable. It's just not something that would happen, it's something that was brought up to make people like you get triggered about it and out yourself as a crazy person calling for revolution.