1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[2.0]Cyberex, paging Cyberex...

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Two Sandwiches, Feb 17, 2016.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Dayum, we had a 60% BPI to advance to the Finals and win it.

BigShasta and J Sizzle like this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Thanks, oh Cyberx.

I am thinking even if Lebron lands in Houston, he would be the first one to exit when things dun go his way.

I can't imagine him signing a long term contract, given his age and CP's age. That would be fatal.

Times are different, and I think if he leaves, that is not quitting because he obviously wants to do it with another franchise.

Harden would have no excuse whatsoever.

3. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Best thread of the Summer.

4. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

CP3 is going to be blowing up Lebron's phone the minute after he gets swept.

I assume all of Houston's ducks will be in row come the beginning of free agency.

It will need to be, so Houston has time to decide whether to match Capela's number. He is worth the max against 95% of the NBA.

Unfortunately, against GSW he is negated by Draymond.

amaru likes this.
  5. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Little Bit likes this.
  6. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

The degree to which some of you are interested in Tilman Fertitta's personal pocketbook is fascinating.

Whether CP or Clint take slight discounts from the max or not, the Rockets are going to be nowhere in the vicinity of having cap room for the duration of those contracts. So at the end of the day, other than for Tilman Fertitta's personal bottom line, what difference does it make? It's not like Capela making $24M/year instead of $27M/year (hypothetically) gives you any additional flexibility to bring in more players.

7. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

It's like the monkeys with their hands on their ears in here.

too much butt hurt when cybrex doesn't say what people like.

#167 REEKO_HTOWN, Jun 4, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2018
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The media already gave it a 45-49% so what is this measly 35%?

I keed. I keed.

9. 13BeardsIN1

13BeardsIN1 Member

So that means DeAndre Ayton is a smoke screen, Luka, Booker, and Capela is great core.

10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I am not sure but one thing is for sure, some players won't get hyped up but still become stars. I am doubtful about Doncic in terms of superstardom. I have to watch him.

11. cyberx

cyberx Member

A little bird also told me that the Rockets pay try to get Butler from Minny. Guy has one year left and Tom T is running him to the ground. Do the Wolves trade him with one year left on his deal and hope to get SOMETHING in return?

Tis shall be a good off season.

Also, get ready to see the Mavs constantly rejected - that shall be fun.

12. cyberx

cyberx Member

If Lebron goes to the Lakers, I see it being because they pulled of a trade for Kawhi, which people don't want to hear, but I see it as possible as well. BI+Kuz and some for Kawhi? Then bring in Lebron and PG... That team can compete.

whiskeyred and yixiixiy like this.
  13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Man, remember when Harden went into the Wolves locker room to check on Butler when he got injured? I think there is a connection there.

Butler as a "rich mans" Iggy on the Rockets could be very interesting. I could see the fit. I just dont know how Morey could get it done.

14. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

LOL! so good!

dreamshakin, mrm32, amaru and 3 others like this.
  15. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

I heard Jimmy Butler will only play for the professional team in Tomball and has spurned anything that linked him to Houston. Shrug.

16. cyberx

cyberx Member

I think the LA dream is back to be honest. Speaking to others in the league and they believe the same thing. I don't think people here understand how LOVED Magic Johnson is in the NBA. He is CLOSE friends with Bron and ALL the guys... They LOVE Magic. The Lakers have done well here. They are very young and have lots of talent. Look at the improvement they made and they were missing ZO and BI for a lot of it AND the young team had a big trade at the deadline. People want to hate on ZO, but people around the league love his game. Shooting will come. Guy has vision and he can play D right out the gate. I personally love his game.

17. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

Nice I would prefer PG13 I think since he is taller and can defend if better but buttler would be good.

Nice nice thanks cyber.

And yea no one wants to be with the mavs :D

Lawlruschang and amaru like this.
  18. BimaThug

BimaThug Resident Capologist
    Supporting Member

Yeah, I could also see that scenario playing out...assuming LeBron ultimately opts not to go to the Lakers.

The Lakers -- who are now presumably much improved in how they will manage their cap now that Rob Pelinka is making moves -- could possibly give the max to Paul George and then offer whatever's left over (less than the max but still a lot of cap room) to Boogie on a 1+1 deal (player option in Year 2), giving Boogie the financial security to opt in if his Achilles ruins his career or the ability to opt out and then get a max in 2019 (via Non-Bird rights, like what the Warriors initially did with Durant). The Lakers wouldn't have to lose assets dumping Deng's contract in this scenario.

19. BackdoorHarden

This is going to be so sweet because KD will now have to face the KING to get to the Finals and once he see the Kings joining the Rockets, BETA SNAKES will leave the Warriors and join some team in the East so he doesn't have to face the Rockets and the KING.

Draymond worked the phone after losing and now CP3 getting Lebron on board after losing, how ironic we will beat them by doing the same thing they did after losing

Can't wait for 2018-2019

NBA IT"S FANTASTIC

Lawlruschang likes this.
  20. Asian Sensation

I made a thread earlier suggesting we need to prepare for replacing Capela cause I think we’re losing him one way or another but do you think Phx offers him the max even if they pick Ayton at 1?

cerophilik and RasaqBoi like this.