1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Would you trade EGo, CC, Rybo for two first round picks, Lebron?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by basketballholic, Jun 4, 2018.

?

Would you trade EGo, CC, Rybo for two first round picks, and either Lebron or George?

Poll closed Jun 25, 2018.
  1. Yes

134 vote(s)
    68.0%
  2. No

63 vote(s)
    32.0%
  1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Does Kunis win the group a championship? I mean OP would also throw her in to please the male fans.

2. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

Based on the fantastical parameters of this scenario... maybe we could get them to throw in Steph as a 'sweetner'... lmao!

3. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

4. tested911

tested911 Member

This! You sacrifice the future for now.

5. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Don’t think this is technically possible... But yes!

There’s no hypothetical trade for LeBron that I wouldn’t make other than CP and Harden... Harden for LeBron strait up, I’d do it. CP for LeBron strait up, I’d do it. Any combination that doesn’t involve both of our stars and you say yes! Obviously these aren’t realistic scenarios because LeBron isn’t interested in Houston without both of our stars.

But the answer is yes, we could find someone out there to be serviceable at Center if we had to lose Clint.

6. basketballholic

No to Black. He walks. Yes to everything else. Fill out roster with vets wanting to make title run and play part time. Wade would be a possibility. Leftovers at center. Guys like zaza, etc. Or perhaps a gleaguer or euro vet like khem birch looking for an opportunity. Minimum salary very point guard. Or perhaps trade a second rounder for a young back up point on a minimum salary. Maybe even move one of those firsts for a guy like Frank Mason or and a future second. Or maybe combine onuaku and zhou to get a guy like Tyus Jones for a relief valve for cp3.

Use vet minimum to sign guys like
    Gerald Green
    Wade
    Dunleavy

Aaron Brooks
    Zaza
    Jah
    Acy
    Noel
    Tony Allen
    Seen Kilpatrick
    Wlie Reed
    Kay Felder
    Pierre Jackson
    Jeff Green

There's tons of guys with experience that we could use to eat regular season minutes to keep our primary guys fresh for the playoffs.

7. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

I saw this "thread title" on the front page of ClutchFans in the right sidebar. When I saw that CAPELA was included in this scenario, I immediately knew that this was a _holic thread.

I get to the board....and wasn't disappointed. lol.

Zboy, yixiixiy and J Sizzle like this.
  8. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

I don't know why people think we literally own Caplea. His contract is up, you can't trade a contract you don't own.

9. igotwhipscollectingdust

How can you call him lebrick when you have a harden avi lol

10. clos4life

clos4life Member

As others have said, Lebron is worth, specially if we can DeAndre Jordan at a discount. Lebron would be ideal in a small ball lineup of CP, Harden, Lebron, Ariza, PJ.

Paul George I would not give up as much. EG and maybe 1 pick plus filler, that's it.

11. tc0330

tc0330 Member

Only if the 2 first's were top 10 or better if EG AND Capela involved if it were for PG. PG and EG about the same value stats-wise imo with PG having the edge.

12. MorningZippo

MorningZippo Member

Since realism isn’t a requirement, why don’t we just trade 500k cash for Lebron and for every pick from now until the sun explodes?

13. basketballholic

Yeah ...... Had to be me you know. I'm the ONLY ONE that would trade Capela in a package for Lebron. Because the rest of you cats are much smarter than that and know that Capela is too valuable to trade even in a package for the greatest player ever and the current runner up MVP. It had to be me you know. Nobody else would possibly think of trading Capela.

Very lame Deuce.

Did you say yes or no?

LOL.

14. basketballholic

Because realism is a requirement and your suggestion not only isn't real......it's a terrible fake.

15. Snow Villiers

Snow Villiers Member

The legend Rybo!

J.R. likes this.
  16. Toffeeone

Toffeeone Member

U can match his offer we have bird right

17. Rox>Mavs

Rox>Mavs Contributing Member

Ignore feature folks.....use it.

Unless you want to know subscription level insider info about Thon Maker and 50/50 coin flips from someone isn’t condescending but trying to educate and bless the community with his superior knowledge and insight.

18. Toffeeone

Toffeeone Member

Why would DJ give rox a discount??? Will you give your employer a discount on hiring u? DJ can and will get a near max as FA.

19. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

So, would you trade Elvin Hayes, Don Chaney, Ken Spain, George Reynolds and Theodis Lee for 18 first round picks, A package of marlboros and the corpse of Steve Francis?

topfive likes this.
  20. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

I would do it if Deandre Jordan planned on taking a pay cut this summer.