1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Marc Stein: Christopher Paul is already recruiting Lebron

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by igotwhipscollectingdust, May 29, 2018.

1. Vivi

Vivi Member

The Rockets are really the best fit for Lebron, team with two stars who can handle the ball, one of them is also his buddy, solid veterans/role players that fits with him and he probably trusts and respect, same for the coach, great organization and general manager (hi Cavs and Sixers), chinese market and low taxes...i mean, maybe he's not coming, but it's all there really.

jb86 likes this.
  2. Toffeeone

Toffeeone Member

If Lebron is really about winning championships then I could it not imagine any team out there that can upset the warriors other than warriors themselves and us.

Tell me a team that can beat the warriors?

Lebron is not staying in Cavs. This is pretty clear.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  3. Toffeeone

Toffeeone Member

You know the problem with this? Simmons can't shoot. If you have Lebron on the floor his teammates need to be able to shoot the ball. Embies health is another issue.

Philly is not a better option.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  4. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

What a ****ing disgrace. Ungrateful fans piss me off.

5. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

6. J.R.

J.R. Member

If he is obsessed about beating the Warriors, he'll join the Rockets. ;);) If not, he'll go elsewhere.

DonKnock, joshuaao, Deuce and 8 others like this.
  7. NIKEstrad

NIKEstrad Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

This. The more frustration this series causes for him, the more I like our odds. :)

8. HTM

HTM Member

Same that's why I want CLE to get swept... make Lebron realize he needs to form a superteam to take down GSW... a superteam here I am hoping.

DonKnock and Hakeemtheking like this.
  9. lalala902102001

If we land Lebron we are winning the next three NBA championships. Get it done Morey!

DonKnock, Hakeemtheking and bmelo like this.
  10. PhiSlammaJamma

Imagine running an offense the first 18 seconds, and then if it doesn't work, you give it to Harden to do what he would have done to the offense anyway. Something about that sounds delicious to me.

DonKnock and hakeem94 like this.
  11. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

I know making this happen would be difficult, but possible. Honest question...Does anyone actually think that it will happpen?

12. MrButtocks

MrButtocks Contributing Member

That’s some pretty dumb analysis, just as dumb as the “there’s only one ball to share between Harden and CP3” argument we heard last summer. Lebron wants to play off the ball? That’s exactly what CP3 wanted too and he isn’t strictly limited to the three point line, he still has as much freedom as he wants. CP3 actually leads our team in post up possessions. Lebron wouldn’t be strictly a spot up shooter, not any more than the other stars are. Some analysts are so uncreative in their thinking, right after they were proven wrong about the same team before.

Other than pure talent and youth, I don’t see Philly as the ideal fit. Simmons cannot shoot threes at all and neither can Fultz. Embiid is the best shooter out of the three and that is scary. And when Embiid is isoing in the post where do they think Lebron will be standing? Right on the three point line. And some people might point to CP3’s injury history, but Embiid and Simmons have missed plenty of games of their own. We have the soon to be MVP and took a 3-2 lead over the Warriors before Paul went down. I don’t want to hear crap about how Philly is the place to be.

13. J.R.

J.R. Member

Do I think LeBron is coming to Houston? No, not really. One can only dream.

I'll believe it when I see when he (A) comes West & (B) comes to Houston.

The guy who had The Decision on July 8th and The Letter on July 11th is gonna decide on June 28th/29th? He'd have to be so overwhelmingly convinced, so overwhelmingly convinced Houston is the place he wants to be that he'd opt in(putting off his max contract by a year) and forgo any other visits. Philadelphia, I don't want to hear your pitch. Boston, I don't want to hear your pitch. Los Angeles, I don't want to hear your pitch. San Antonio, I don't want to hear your pitch. And of course his current team. And again that he's coming West. I don't believe he is or will. We'll see. Good news for you, I'm always wrong about these things. :)

#313 J.R., Jun 1, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 1, 2018
    JoeBarelyCares likes this.
  14. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

I’d be bracing for plan B, C, DMO, E, F . . .

fckbandwagons likes this.
  15. theoldblood

theoldblood Member

God bless CP3

16. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

so have you platinum trophied bloodborne?

17. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

18. OpportunityCost

GSW and these guys...…

[​IMG]

JoeBarelyCares likes this.
  19. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Why would anyone on the Rockets need to be there in person for something like that? It's more likely someone like Harden or someone else has some business in Arizona.

DonKnock likes this.
  20. sammy

sammy Contributing Member

Not many people had faith that we were getting the Point God either

hakeem94 and Fulgore like this.