1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pardon: trump pardons Dinesh D’Souza

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by justtxyank, May 31, 2018.

1. Nook

Nook Member

He lives in a fantasy world. Bharara was an exceptional prosecutor that went after Democrats and Republicans that were corrupt. He also went hard against Wall Street crimes when other prospectors didn’t. He is currently a distinguished professor and has a very bright future.

D’Souza on the other hand is a crook that makes crack pot political documentaries and is generally disliked.

D’Souza already paid a heavy price for what he did, you would think he would be humbled.

da_juice and B-Bob like this.
  2. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

Lmao

3. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

So I guess Obama's pardons and commutations were saying that he supports terrorism and treason by your "logic"...

It's funny that you are more upset by these pardons and commutations than you were when literal terrorists were being set free.

cml750 likes this.
  4. Nook

Nook Member

You are a lawyer just like I am.... this SCOTUS isn’t going to do a damn thing.

5. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

Never underestimate a human being's drive to avoid rocking the boat. They're just comfortable that there's some plan or structure.

6. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I am surprised Trump is only pardoning a handful and not every Right-wing person in prison who is capable of make a financial contribution

7. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

But it's entirely in their power to do so.

There's a sclerotic tendency which Trump exploits in our shitty institutions.

It's self-invented (just like the whole concept of "judicial review" - this was invented out of thin air, by judges) and can be self-cured. And if they won't cure it - we need new institutions, to prevent corrupt demogogues like Trump.

#67 SamFisher, May 31, 2018
    Last edited: May 31, 2018
    Nook likes this.
  8. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I'm not sure it really is unless you are talking about some REALLY radical judicial activism that would likely topple the system entirely due to such a massive overreach. The pardon power of the president is pretty well spelled out in Article 2 section 2 of the constitution. In what way can you interpret that the president "shall have power to grant reprieves and pardons for offenses against the United States, except in cases of impeachment" to mean anything other than the president has the power to grant reprieves and pardons?

If you want to do away with presidential pardons, you need a constitutional amendment to override what the constitution already says.

9. jo mama

jo mama Contributing Member

he is giving pardons for the kinds of crimes that the people around him are being charged with or under investigation for. it should be obvious to all (except trumps biggest brainwashed sycophants) that this is being done as a signal to all under investigation, convicted or working with special council...if you dont rat him out trump will have your back.

#69 jo mama, May 31, 2018
    Last edited: May 31, 2018
  10. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

James Comey appointed by Bush prosecutes Martha Stuart - Martha appeares on the Apprentice - Obama appoints Comey FBI director - Trump fires Comey because of witch hunt - Trump pardons Martha to irk Comey - Martha is an actual witch.

BruceAndre likes this.
  11. adoo

adoo Member

u can't possibly be that stupid,

Popadakis, Carter Page, the meeting w Russians in Trump tower, etc.

12. B-Bob

B-Bob "94-year-old self-described dreamer"

[​IMG]

13. edwardc

edwardc Member

So true if you are so called loyal to him he will go out his way to help you get out of jail.

14. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

you make 100 threads, have been here for 15 years, and whiff this hard. you're an enigma. PRC bot?

Nook and KingCheetah like this.
  15. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

So you really are a DNC newsbot....

mick fry likes this.
  16. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Oh yes... I am up for DNC chairman. Look for me at the convention... I will wear a Clutch Fans t=shirt so I will be easy to spot.

KingCheetah and B-Bob like this.
  17. dmoneybangbang

Sad how the far right is pushing the traditional, rational GOP right out the door.

18. dmoneybangbang

This. Trump is saying if you keep your mouth shut, he will take care of you. That’s something an innocent man would do...

19. okierock

okierock Contributing Member

He literally admitted in his post that he will post or tweet anything if it bashes Trump and I am now somehow FAR right... You somehow think that is "traditional" you guys are cute.

20. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

"Fake news!"

Can you quote where I said I "will post or tweet anything if it bashes trump"? Must be easy to find, so I will wait.

In the mean time, how does this post "bash" trump?

http://bbs.clutchfans.net/index.php...p-do-this-thread.286897/page-31#post-11777177

I also commended his signing the Right to Try act. That's two in the past week. Heck, that's probably more positive posts about trump than anyone on the entire D&D.

I can't help it if there are so many more things to criticize. He could begin by stopping lying so much. That would cut down on my posts dramatically. And then there is that whole obstruction, financial crimes, and criminal conspiracy thing...