1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2018 NBA Finals: Golden State vs. Cleveland

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., May 28, 2018.

?

2018 NBA Finals: Golden State vs. Cleveland

Poll closed Jun 1, 2018.
  1. Warriors in 4

36.8%
  2. Warriors in 5

36.0%
  3. Warriors in 6

8.8%
  4. Warriors in 7

3.2%
  5. Cavs in 7

4.0%
  6. Cavs in 6

4.0%
  7. Cavs in 5

0.8%
  8. Cavs in 4

4.0%
  9. I'm not watching the NBA Finals

2.4%
  1. SeekingAlpha

SeekingAlpha Member

Replace LeBron with any player in the history of the game (Jordan, Shaq, Kareem, Wilt, etc...) the result for this series will still be the same. I can't even imagine what prime Jordan would have done in LeBron's shoes tonight after JR runs away from the basket.

BigShasta likes this.
  2. yoeddy

yoeddy Member

They should have called JR for traveling.

3. Surfguy

Surfguy Member

The NBA needs to change its review policy to just give each team three challenges to challenge calls. Then, only on those challenges can a foul call be overturned. That's my opinion. Once those challenges are used up, then that is it. This idea that we are going to just add a bunch of review policies to the last two minutes and overtime is hogwash. At least put the control over what can possibly get reviewed and overturned with the teams themselves.

That way...we don't get this "three blind mice" syndrome going on. Lebron was never in the circle. The "three blind mice" had no idea. So, must be reviewed. In this situation, assuming Golden State had saved a challenge...it still would have been overturned. But, the difference is you take that power of review away from the refs...who f**ked it up in the first place and f**k up plenty of stuff before you ever hit the last two minutes and overtime. Obviously, you can't challenge no-calls. So, this doesn't fix that and still leaves the calling of the game way too subjective and error-prone.

rantsolpuella13 likes this.
  4. Jugdish

Jugdish Member

[​IMG]

5. BackdoorHarden

Tony Brutha getting paid off by the Warriors

[​IMG]

6. Mr. Space City

7. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Member

so Lebron will add 10 wins to a 65 win team?

so how many wins did young KD add to a 73 win team with young Steph, Klay, and Green

8. BigTex

BigTex Member

A lot of these talking heads are now bashing the refs.
    Same ones who ignored & dismissed our ref complaints after Game 6 & 7

9. count_dough-ku

It's possible. The Rockets really should've won 66(they sat everyone out vs the Kings in the last game). So let's take that 5 game losing streak when they had a bunch of injuries. Think LeBron doesn't help them win at least 4 of those? No way they would've lost those 2 games to Memphis, even when the Grizzlies were somewhat respectable earlier in the season. He also could've helped them avoid that loss at Detroit and the late season home loss to the Thunder. That's 74 wins right there.

10. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Member

Im just saying adding lebron will make us a 3 star team still silght underdogs to 4 stars and 3 refs gsw superduper team.. As long as we get 1st seed overall/hca thru out.. Be as ready fresh and injury free for the playoffs

BigShasta likes this.
  11. Air Langhi

Air Langhi Contributing Member

LeBron dgaf about the regular season. He is there to win championships. HC does not matter to him.

12. Realjad

Realjad Member

JVG on the broadcast talked about BS reffing in the GS/HOU series each time the refs were screwing over the cavs

I'm rooting for GS to sweep the Cavs personally, however the reffing in that game for GS was JUST AS BAD as the reffing was for Houston in those games against GS

I fully expect the Refs to be on team Cavs tho in some upcoming games. I think they want to make this a 'series'.

It's just disgusting that the games can be purposefully manipulated by the refs to such a high degree :( and we all as fans and spectators just allow it to continue.

Refs will be on team Lebron in Ohio, GS fans will complain and then Cav fans will say oh you didn't watch game 1 and 2? Where were you then...and the trend will continue for all eternity.

BigShasta likes this.
  13. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Member

Yeah with lebron they dont need to go for 70 wins.. But hca thru out would be good especially with this rigged league. Most important is the whole team is ready fresh n injury free goin into the POs

14. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Basically we win 65 games
    with James and Paul missing 20 games
    (just not the same 20 games)

Rocket River

15. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

16. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

Interesting.
    I did not watch the game. . . but this is wack

Rocket River

17. count_dough-ku

He cares about the regular season. He's just not gonna expend all his energy in order to get the best record possible. The dude took the entire month of January off when it was clear he didn't have a team that was capable of playing defense(prior to the deadline deals).

He wouldn't have to worry about that here. Harden on his own carried a crappy roster to 56 wins in 2015. He knows even coasting and playing at half speed, the Rockets would still win 60-65 games easily.

Rocket River likes this.
  18. igotwhipscollectingdust

Can’t wait for Lebron to wear a Rockets uniform

rocketman84 likes this.
  19. theoldblood

theoldblood Member

Doesn't matter what your idea or my idea of a charge is, we both are not the refs of the game that was happening. My 1st point is that I believe 9/10 that call goes in Lebron favors. My 2nd point is that the way the officials have been calling games, I am not surprised Lebron got the call.

And btw, I am not rooting for either team. I want both to lose.

20. theoldblood

theoldblood Member

One would think being a Kings fan, you would be suspicious of refs calling anything against a superstar like Lebron ;)

KingsFanSince85 likes this.