1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Pardon: trump pardons Dinesh D’Souza

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by justtxyank, May 31, 2018.

1. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

Which of the posts you were commenting on included a "racist" or "trailer" or Russian accusation (ok, I may have jokingly referred to RocketLegend as a bot)?

I think its kinda obvious when I post a funny tweet and when I post a tweet that makes or supports a point. But how is a tweet any different by any other type of post... you would still wonder if the post was serious or not. But to make it easier, I can post a winkie emoticon on those tweets that are not serious. And if you have a question... you could always ask. See, I am a problem solver...

CometsWin likes this.
  2. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Trump should pardon Dinesh for all those kooky, stupid conspiracy movies he makes.

o_O

3. NewRoxFan

WARNING humorous tweet ahead! :D

btw, folks not following this twitter account (btw, its not really God tweeting) is missing out. Some of the best political satire...

JeffB likes this.
  4. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

typically most posts here are the words of the poster. That's the main difference. seems obvious
    Why would I ask you about something you just found somewhere else? Shouldn't I just go to the source. I think that is my main point. You have made yourself irrelevant. You seem very triggered over Bobby calling you a DNC newsbot and me telling someone else who he was calling that. Only one person criticized you, I promise you won't get any more.

5. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

Not saying your criticism (that posters want dialogue with other posters, not tweets or articles without commentary) is invalid but @NewRoxFan does do a great job of quickly bringing relevant news to the bbs, a service that I appreciate. Carry on.

TheFreak, CometsWin, Rashmon and 4 others like this.
  6. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

As I told him, he will get no criticism here outside of Bobby yet he seems very defensive.

7. Nook

Nook Member

You would be surprised.

I am up in Chicago and there are a lot of democrats that think his sentence is too harsh.

8. NewRoxFan

Actually, I have had btg on ignore for a long time, so I have no clue what he calls me. DNC newsbot is funny, if that's the worst thing I get called I am pretty lucky. One guy called me a nazi so he is now keeping bobby company.

I post lots of republican or conservative tweets as well (trump criticism knows no party boundaries).

I don't know about the rest of D&D but I find the tweeted opinions of people like Bill Kristol and Lawrence Tribe and Benjamin Wittes and Stephen Hayes all interesting, regardless of political I especially like to follow media people with expertise in national intelligence, politics, and economics. The info you get from twitter is timely and concise. And heck, even the current president values twitter as his way to communicate.

Sure, you could follow those people... but I suspect you don't. So if seeing my post with their tweets causes you to follow them, seems like a good thing.

Anyway, if people don't want to see my posts... cool, scroll past or ignore. What you won't see from me are long-winded arguments with lots of insults and expletives. But if tweets or articles bother you... there are always other posters you can respond to.

Anticope likes this.
  9. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

If the pardon for D'Souza is supposedly a message to Cohen that Trump is willing to pardon campaign finance violators, and the pardon of Blago is a message that he's willing to pardon corrupt government officials, what is the message implicit in pardoning Martha Stewart?

10. Anticope

Anticope Member

Probably an "F you" to Comey.

11. NewRoxFan

Thanks JV... don't fully see the complaint about tweets but I will try to mix in other types of posts... maybe I can share some long-winded stories my dad used to tell... or weird stories my in-laws (trump supporters) say. :eek:

12. adoo

adoo Member

if that was the case, i believe that Trump would have already pardoned Martha Stewart

13. TheFreak

TheFreak Contributing Member

Imagine the GARM at trade deadline time without tweets, LOL. It’s strange that anyone would have a problem with seeing factual tweets relevant to a thread topic.

adoo likes this.
  14. adoo

adoo Member

some people can't take the facts, they're addicted to whatever is being fed by Trump

c'est la vie !​

15. Amiga

Amiga 10 years ago...
    Supporting Member

Typical bobby response. Bye.

16. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I think I broke the DNC propaganda bot, it looks to be on manual control now.

17. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

It's just a response you have no answer for and feel the need to run away. It's okay, it wasn't really fair of me to call you out and force you to try and justify what can't be a consistent response based on your ideology.

18. NewRoxFan

Wow, he is crowing about things?

19. JeffB

JeffB Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

If you lie to the investigators, you will be pardoned. She was found guilty of obstruction of justice, conspiracy, and making false statements.

dmoneybangbang and JuanValdez like this.
  20. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Trumps 4 pardons are basically a roadmap to what crimes you can commit in his service:

*defying court orders to violate the human rights of non whites, more or less being above the law.
    *exposing national security to settle political scores.
    *election/campaign fraud & money laundering
    * sleeping with white women (except you have to wait 100 years & sly Stallone needs to approve )

Not coincidentally these are all things he and his cronies did and continue to do to this very day.

This **** has to stop. I have been articles for months now saying that a President pardon power is unlimited....it is? No it's not. It is because some silly court decision 150 years ago said it? Well **** it..
    .reverse it then. It's just words on a page written by dead men...the jurisprudence of 1866 only binds us today if we say it does.

Does an aspiring authoritarian like Trump give a damn about norms and institutions?
    No. Does even he even care about his basic duties under his oath of office? Obviously not.

But the courts are bound by 150 year old precedents (that are wholly within its power to change)?

Sometimes the pseudo science of common law makes me want to vomit and incredibly glad that I no longer actively practice law.

There is no reason to defy common sense based on the pretense that judicial canon and precedence is an exact system that has been applied uniformly and evenly in an unbroken logical line down from John Marshall. That is complete garbage. "The constitution is not a suicide pact"...if you truly need words from a dead guy to act here .

The better interpretation is that the judiciary is terrified of looking weak and shies away from such fights for fear of losing them. Well, if you keep appeasing dictator what did you accomplish by protecting your precious power that you are too afraid to exercise?

This is the constitutional crisis. It is every waking second of this illegitimate reign.

Wake the **** up courts and Congress

#60 SamFisher, May 31, 2018
    Last edited: May 31, 2018
    Rashmon and B-Bob like this.