1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Marc Stein: Christopher Paul is already recruiting Lebron

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by igotwhipscollectingdust, May 29, 2018.

1. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Boston would also be a nice landing spot but probably not possible.

2. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

This happens and I bet the league goes to seeding instead of East vs West.

aroundtheblock2 and jevjnd like this.
  3. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Antoine Walker is an idiot. Harden didn't care about losing this series? He was apparently PO'd enough to not even congratulate the Warriors and Scott Foster on their win. At this point, he probably hates Golden State more than Morey does. And he doesn't make adjustments? After last year's playoffs, the dude welcomed with open arms Chris F'ing Paul who he knew he'd have to share the ball with. And it worked brilliantly.

This wasn't even commentary or analysis. It sounded like wishful thinking by a Rockets hater and someone who clearly doesn't want LeBron in Houston. He led off his remarks by immediately writing off Capela as gone. Based on what? Does anyone seriously think the Rockets would go all in on the pursuit of LeBron while allowing Capela to walk? How is that gonna look to LeBron when Morey, CP3, and Harden are trying to pitch him on coming here? Then he says Harden and CP3 would each get only 12 shots a game with LeBron in the lineup? Seriously?

In a way, his moronic takes make me believe more than ever that this could be happening. I heard panic in his voice.

DonKnock, Vivi, Reeko and 6 others like this.
  4. Mr. Space City

please rockets bros, don't watch any national media until the off season.

the moronic takes will test your sanity.

i haven't watch 1 daytime sports show or listened to any podcast other than locked on rockets and the clutchfans pod.

5. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

LMAO i dont know why, but this had me crackin up for a bit lol

6. Realjad

Realjad Contributing Member

I'm not buying it. Very much doubt Paul has said anything besides something similar to a 'goodluck' to Lebron.

He's going to allow James to focus, not take his mind off the end game goal.

However, I bet right after the series ends Paul is going to go HARD

sammy likes this.
  7. thedreamsteam

thedreamsteam Member

Rockets in a...[​IMG]

8. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

Antoine Walker fat ass don't got the resume to talk **** about Harden

Screw this clown

Stormy1234 likes this.
  9. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

cris carter (also a documented harden hater) more than happy to welcome antoine's r****ded claims into his circle jerk

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

Broussard:

Philly is the place to go. Here's my question about Houston: I didn't think Harden & Paul would work. I have to say that in fairness. I've been told by good sources he wants to play off the ball next year. He's willing to if he has a play-making teammate. In Philadelphia, off the ball means in the post, at the elbow, the wing, moving without the ball. In Houston, off the ball means standing at the 3pt line waiting for someone to pass it to you & you're a spot up shooter. I can never see LeBron doing that. LeBron is not a spot up shooter & never will be. That's the challenge. Maybe D'Antoni makes it work. I'm not writing it off.

You know who I like there better? I like Paul George there. What is his motivation? Win a championship and be a star on that team or just be at home in LA? I don't know how they can make it work and keep Capela & a couple of their shooters but George would be an upgrade on Trevor Ariza. A much better version. If he goes to Houston, oh my goodness, they're great. They're right there. To PG13, think about that.

Vivi likes this.
  11. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

When is Broussard ever wrong!?o_O

12. whiskeyred

whiskeyred Contributing Member

They’ll let anybody on a sports show these days

True Rocket likes this.
  13. apollo33

apollo33 Member

One thing I learned is that you can never have enough ball handlers. Lebron/Harden/Paul taking turns would be elevate all of their games because there would be no stamina issues.

14. Space Ghost

Space Ghost Contributing Member

It doesn't matter what team you are. You change up the dynamics to make LeBron fit.

15. DaBeard

DaBeard Member

LOL at thinking LeBron will be a spot up shooter in this offense. Same dumb ass analysis who get paid 5-6 figures said the same thing about CP3. Clowns

16. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

If Chris Broussard thinks the Rockets' master plan is to turn LeBron James into Trevor Ariza...he's even more of an idiot than I originally took him for.

rocketman84 likes this.
  17. Andy Sheets

Andy Sheets Contributing Member

Now I want Morey to somehow get both of them just to really stick it to the whole planet. Maybe that's the "new math" he was talking about in the press conference :p

luckyman76 likes this.
  18. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

I know it's Broussard, and he's a clown that doesn't deserve a response.....but I have to. If the CP3 experiment has shown ANYTHING, it's that MDA is willing to adjust his style and system to suit the players he has. CP3 shot as many midrange shots here as he did in LA. The reason we have a bunch of guys standing around at the 3 point line is because we have 2 elite ISO players who need the lane free of congestion. LeBron however, is an elite post player, so I'm sure a heavy dose of LeBron post-ups would be added to our offensive arsenal. Where LeBron benefits is that he can actively take plays off on the court because Harden and Paul can ISO on certain possessions in the game. One common theme in all of this is the conservation of energy. Golden State has the luxury of "actively resting" their stars while play is still going on. How many possessions did Durant basically disappear in the first few games of the series? Same with Curry....same with Klay. Beating Golden State requires a certain amount of energy output, especially in the second half of games. The Rockets simply ran out of gas. I have a feeling we'll see the same thing happen to LeBron in the Finals. The only way to overcome that is by matching them in firepower, and giving our guys "active rest."

19. tmac2therack

tmac2therack Member

If Lebron comes, does Calvin let him wear #23 or does he wear #6 again.

20. Icehouse

Icehouse Contributing Member

I guess Broussard never saw how Amare was used in Phoenix.