1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

I'm about done with the NBA

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by what, May 29, 2018.

1. what

what Member

The nba has proved that it is corrupt before yet we all still watch it.
    The nba is the most corrupt professional sports league in pro sports.
    Most sports are decided by the players. Not the nba. It is mostly decided by the refs in the nba.
    Only in the nba do you have super teams that are unbeatable year after year. It's a joke.
    I also don't like that after just about every play the player flexes and scowls like they done won the game and it is in the first quarter.
    The nba has double standards. Players aren't treated equal with fines, suspensions.
    If I wanted to watch and be a part of an oligarchy every year I'd move to north korea.
    I wont watch a second of the finals and I need to figure out how to stop watching the nba altogether. That would be the goal.
    Maybe I'll try to switch to hockey, a sport that isn't corrupt.

#1 what, May 29, 2018
    Last edited: May 29, 2018
  2. blahblehblah

blahblehblah Member

goodbye! don't let the door hit you on your way out.

3. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

basketball is by far my favorite sport but it's easily the worst run league.

basketball needs to institute franchise tags and hard caps

s3ts, Invisible Fan, Tfor3 and 3 others like this.
  4. what

what Member

Just because I'd be done with the nba doesn't mean I'd be done with this bbs. what for life!

5. bobrek

bobrek Politics belong in the D & D

So, why did you bother watching this season?

BallSoHarden and tinman like this.
  6. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Jeezuz...tthat's even worse.

At least follow the NBA if you are going to bother us.

7. what

what Member

I actually didn't. This year I probably watched less than 30 games all year. Partly because the grizzlies were sucking, but I just don't care. I haven't watched much of the playoffs either. But I caught maybe 3 or 4 of the rockets-warriors games. Other than that, I watched game 7 of the pacers-cavs, and game 7 of the cavs-celtics series.

I am really growing sick of the nba. I am still invested in Mike and Marc, but other than that-I'm done with this league.
    You know you aren't going to beat the team that Adam Silver is pushing.

The only reason lebron beat the warriors that year was because Silver wanted to dictate a more competitive series and suspended draymond. If it were the rockets and some other random team no way draymond gets suspended for that. I mean think about this: how corrput is a league that suspends a player to get a more competitive finals?

Jontro and Tfor3 like this.
  8. bobrek

No, you actually did. How can you say you didn't in one sentence and in the very next sentence you say you watched less than 30 games. Unless that number is 0, you watched the NBA.

9. what

what Member

In years past I'd watch well over a hundred games. I'm saying that while the number isn't zero yet, it's a lot closer than you might think.

10. BackdoorHarden

Are you new to the NBA??? It's been like this FOREVER!!

5 teams have won pretty much all of the CHAMPIONSHIP

C
    Lakers
    Bulls
    Warriors and
    Spurs

It has always been dominated by Dynasty Franchises

The Hunted likes this.
  11. bobrek

The fact remains that you did watch the NBA this season and you will again next season.

deadlybulb and Plowman like this.
  12. megastahr

megastahr Contributing Member

Idiot

s3ts, Tomstro and don grahamleone like this.
  13. Spacemoth

Spacemoth Contributing Member

Even this year I felt less of an emotional investment than I did in previous years. Game 6 vs SAS was bad for me. I'm getting pretty close to taking a multi-year break too, no matter how good the Rockets are.

The fact of the matter is, cold hard evidence could leak out. We could have definitive proof that the league has been manipulating results and propping up faces of the league for decades. This whole "eight superstars have represented the past 40 NBA finals" thing could just show that it's all been a setup.

And EVEN THEN. People would still flock to the NBA and make it as popular as ever. Nothing can bring this juggernaut down. And the people that run the NBA don't care about a market like Houston. They just don't. We are Iron Sheik to the viewers on the West coast, East coast, even internationally.

So why continue to give patronage to a cultural hierarchy that sets you up as the foil? The minority in a racist Gene Autry movie, only to be written off and laughed at by the show's end. It's something we have no control over. And you. Don't. Have. To. Abide. With. It.

Go out and achieve success on your own. I'm going to be a gastroenterologist in Seattle for the foreseeable future. I'll always be a Houstonian at heart, and when the debates arise I will start insulting people's dignity if they start parroting a world view that denigrates us. You know what? That's how cities rise up. We develop ex-pats that go to other cities and troll their sad sack of a sports situation.

So rise up Houston. Make something of yourselves, achieve success outside of basketball, and then go back and look and see how our reputation is in twenty years.

Jontro, Tfor3 and Richie_Rich like this.
  14. juanm34

juanm34 Member

Fütbol¿. Anyone?

Jontro and daywalker02 like this.
  15. bobrek

Simple.... Don't watch it. Why is that something you need to figure out?

The Hunted and groovemachine like this.
  16. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Like someone trying to quit tobacco I suppose- may not be easy to go cold turkey ???

Jontro likes this.
  17. rocketman12

rocketman12 Member

I think you are just pissed the grizzlies sucked this year.

18. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

I’m actually with what on this, the outcome is determined year after year there’s no point of watching it.

19. bobrek

No...watching the NBA does cause a physical addiction like smoking cigarettes.

20. bobrek

So, why did you watch this year since the outcome has been determined year after year?