1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden showing poor sportsmanship?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by 1Deep, May 29, 2018.

1. 1Deep

1Deep Member

He's going to get ripped for not sticking around and shaking hands after the game. The media already hates him and this will just add fuel to the fire for next season. Very emotional loss and a very tough series, but not sticking around to congratulate your opponent is not a good look.

daywalker02 likes this.
  2. DOYG86

DOYG86 Member

EH. I don't care much. Screw the national media.

3. Sidarma

Sidarma Member

Not as bad as westbrick when utah punked his ass

lw17, Houstunna and Rox11 like this.
  4. 1Deep

1Deep Member

I'm not all that bothered by it either but the hate is real.

darksoul35 and Rox11 like this.
  5. Gorki

Gorki Member

**** the warriors' hands that's it

6. juanm34

juanm34 Member

F***!! Gsw!!!
    Shoulda of shook the refs hands and congratulated them on their well earned victories for games 6&7

7. Mr Chuck Norris

**** that look.

8. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

I’m glad he didn’t.

LUK3, Nick_713, banzai and 35 others like this.
  9. rantsolpuella13

Supporting Member

This isn’t AAU or little league or YMCA. The Rockets and the players are losing thousands of dollars because of this loss. They worked their butts off all season. I wouldn’t be in the mood to shake hands either. It would be an empty congratulation.

The media wants players to be like the 80s/90s players and call players soft yet they want the players to shake hands and hug it out afterwards? What hypocrisy. Let players celebrate or grieve for their seasons as they wish as long as they aren’t being blatantly unsportsmanlike.

10. 1Deep

1Deep Member

LOL

11. skroodup25

skroodup25 Member

same way I feel.... James gets knocked for not caring all the time..... you can clearly see that he felt cheated.....

12. PhiSlammaJamma

I think you need to look beyond the moment unfortunately. While I want to punch them in the face and slap daddy that ref, It's not fair to the winning team to take away from their achievement no matter the circumstance because you wouldn't want someone else to do the same to you when you win it. You just need to eat it and come back harder.

don grahamleone likes this.
  13. slothy420

slothy420 Paper Street Soap Co.

That would have been appropriate

lw17 likes this.
  14. Mr. Space City

the media was going to hate him no matter what.

fucc em. they didn't earn the win anyways. it was given to them. nothing to shake hands about.

15. hakeemthagreat

F-the opponents. The refs ROBBED us off about 16pts and we lost by 7. Do the math

If I was him I wouldn't shake anybody's hand either. The media wanted GS to win the whole time anyway

adw, Rocket River, BigMaloe and 5 others like this.
  16. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

Who gives a flying shiet what the media thinks! Or the other team...we lost and maybe even got screwed. And we’re supposed to be careful not to make them upset?? Hell nah

17. rantsolpuella13

Supporting Member

How is it taking away from their achievement? Genuine question? I think it’s silly to expect players that just put 7+ months of work, dedication and sacrifice into a game that just lost a battle just to set it aside quickly and shake hands. That’s asking for a lot. None of us know if Harden talked to GS after the game, once he had time to decompress. People just want the positiveness right after because we are an instant gratification society.

Just let the players do what they want. As long as it’s completely NOT unsportsmanlike (fighting, dirty shots, etc.) after the game, if a player wants to bow out of shaking hands immediately after a difficult loss that’s 100% fine with me.

adw and Stormy1234 like this.
  18. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Why would you congratulate your opponent who only won because of rigged officiating and CP3's injury? Screw the Warriors and the league.

19. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I don't blame him. That's probably the toughest loss in his entire career. It's easy for people on the sidelines to criticize him and tell him he needed to stick around a bit longer to shake the hands of the guys who just buried his MVP season.

Deuce, Zboy, GotGame15 and 7 others like this.
  20. PrawnJ

PrawnJ Member

I said this on twitter to a couple of people but why can't he congratulate them off the court, will probably use the secret tunnel to the warriors locker room and say hi... oh wait, wrong stadium.

But seriously he can easily send a text to them or meet them off the court to congratulate them. I don't have an issue with him going to the locker disappointed.

Stormy1234 and BigShasta like this.