1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

"We should have won tonight"

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, May 29, 2018.

1. BigTex

BigTex Member

Some additional Foster info:

"During the 2006-07 period under investigation, seven games refereed by Scott Foster had lopsided enough betting on one team to move the point spread by at least 2 points; those seven teams were undefeated against Vegas meaning that the big-money gamblers won a 7 of 7 times on Fosters games; the odds of that happening randomly are less than 1%.Statistics alone cannot convict, but its certainly noteworthy that seven times in Fosters games one team was bet extremely heavily, and all seven times that team won."

From 2016 playoffs:

Haralabos Voulgaris on Twitter: "Away team is now 13-0 in the last 13 playoff game Scott Foster has officiated."

And from 2015 playoffs:

Jason Lloyd on Twitter: “Bad news: Scott Foster crew chief tonight. Road team has won his last 11 games.”

And from the players themselves:

In an anonymous survey conducted by the Los Angeles Times in January, Foster was voted the worst referee in the NBA by several players and coaches.

Rockets home playoff record 2018:

Non-Scott Foster games: 7-0

Scott Foster games: 0-3

BigMaloe, Zboy, B-Bob and 10 others like this.
  2. stingray88

stingray88 Member

Same dumbasses that say that they won't watch the finals will be front and center of the first regular season Rockets game next year, lol.

DudeWah likes this.
  3. theoldblood

theoldblood Member

Made in China. Since Rockets have a fan base in China, it will work in our favor. Book it.

4. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

I love the fact that he said this.

It's so true. Just go 4-27 and we win.

5. SORF

SORF Member

Foster definitely has a bias against the Rockets. He got angry with the score and timer crew, slammed his fist on the table. He argued with MDA, and told Harden to shut up when Harden questioned why the 4 pt. play was waved off.

I normally don't blame refs for wins or loses because their mistakes are usually human. But the missed calls and bad calls in this game were so blatantly bad, to excuse them as human inadvertent mistakes is impossible to believe . Either there was referring bias, or heaven forbid, the game was rigged. Either one, it was not right and should be investigated.

I can accept being beaten when it is a fair game. But it is hard to accept a loss when it was unfairly officiated for what ever reason.

I will not watch the Finals. And to our team, all I can offer is my sincere condolences because it has to hurt intensely when a possible championship is taken away unfairly. They made the sacrifices for a championship ring, only to have it stolen from them.

Seriously, put an asterisk next to the Warriors 2018 Championship...it was stolen, not earned.

bro2044, BMoney, BigMaloe and 6 others like this.
  6. Lawlruschang

Lawlruschang Member

both things happened, and if even one of them didn't, we would have won. use your brain

Zboy, Richie_Rich and RayRay10 like this.
  7. theoldblood

theoldblood Member

The strange part is that in both games 6 and 7, the Rockets came out strong and were giving Golden State the business. Then the 2nd half, they literally fell off the planet. I've never seen such a swing in 2 halves of basketball.

8. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Stfu just watch me I'm not watching nba until next season where I will support my rockets until then fk nba not gonna watch this rigged ass sht.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Employ robot refs.

[​IMG]

James Gabriel and Lawlruschang like this.
  10. Asian Sensation

When your best player ends up with 32 points off 29 shots to go along with 5 turnovers you’re ****ed. When the team shoots 7-44 from 3 ... you’re ****ed. When we lost CP3... we were ****ed.

11. HP3

HP3 Member

Entitled lazy analysis, only thing that I agreed with is that last part.

Richie_Rich and Rocket River like this.
  12. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

Out of all the refs we could have gotten, why else do u think we got the shttiest one of them all? It's already bad we down a star, but to send the shttiest ref on the most important game for our franchise in 23 years, yeah blame harden.

13. MistaK

MistaK Member

Would we have been f****d with a 13/27 shooting night with 40 pts/6reb/6ast/5to/4stl? Yeah, that's what could have happened had they called the obvious fouls alone.

14. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Can we move on from this. Lebron outplayed everyone, nobody is on his level. Durant was good but not great consistently.

Harden only played 2-3 quarters.

Talk talk talk blah.

15. fckbandwagons

fckbandwagons Member

Well we had 3 attempts, one being a four point play, and a driving foul. All not called. Welp

16. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

When the game was turning toward Warriors favor in the waning minutes, the Rockets started getting calls. NBA turning into boxing, money talks.

bro2044 likes this.
  17. Pbev99

Pbev99 Member

Wow! And the league continues to let this guy call important games.

18. Verbal Christ

Verbal Christ Member

Go find some real 3 point shooters Darryl.

19. Pbev99

Pbev99 Member

I noticed this too. The Rockets finally started getting some calls after GS was already in control and had little chance of losing.

bro2044 likes this.
  20. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

This game makes me furious because i know it’s rigged. On top of that you have coward KD.

BigMaloe, BigShasta, adw and 2 others like this.