1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

The bright side is.... We now get Lebron

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jayfree, May 29, 2018.

1. jayfree

jayfree Member

After the Warriors totally dismantle the Cavs in the finals (and the NBA realizes that a gentleman's sweep in that fashion is not good for ratings) I can see Lebron ready to move on from the Cavs.

There is absolutely no way he can think that playing in the East (that is getting better) will get him past the Warriors or a team like them. Just like KD did when he joined the team that lost in the Finals, I can see Lebron doing the same with the Rockets for one last hurrah. He has already solidified his legacy by bringing his current squad to the Finals this year. Nothing more to prove in that conference.

I also think CP3 (feeling bad about this injury) resigns with Houston with enough room to make additions work- because he is also a believer and knows Houston is THAT close and his best chance at winning a ring.

If the NBA is truly scripted then it doesn't hurt to get a media darling that the NBA wants to see in the Finals.

bilaal14, IvanLCPM, lw17 and 11 others like this.
  2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

[​IMG]

This is why Lebron needs to do it. Just to keep crushing Durant, make him his bottom ______ for the rest of Cupcake's career. Just let Cupcake know, when the talent is equal and my team has two MVPs, I own your ass.

3. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

i wish we could bring back our core nucleus and swap out ryno for bron. all our guys deserved a ring this year. so heartbreaking.

but guys like trevor, clint, eg are all in danger of being moved via free agency or trade. gonna be interesting how morey pulls this off.

jevjnd, lw17, topfive and 3 others like this.
  4. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Yeah great....so now it becomes the Lebron story.

Lebron, along with the role players in Houston, beats the All Star team Warriors.

Lovely.

Screw that.

I want to dump Ryan, add another star or a couple of strong role players to the team, and beat both the Warriors and Lebron.

5. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

I’m in love with this post!

6. tmactoyao

tmactoyao Member

fixed that for you

7. igotwhipscollectingdust

Do you guys actually think we have a shot at Bron? Chris gotta recruit hard.

8. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

The problem is “a couple role players” doesn’t get the job done on the NBA anymore. Next year, the league is going to be pretty balanced as far as East vs West and teams that have a chance to win it all. If Boston is healthy, they can compete with us and GS. Phily is only going to get better, free agents will be lining up to join that team, they could win 60 games next year. SA will probably get Kawhi back and you know RC will make an under the radar move that will turn out to be brilliant and they’ll win 50+ again. In order for us to win next year, we probably need another star. LeBron has to be the top target. If we can’t get him then you have to think about Paul George (who I admittedly am not super high on right now). Or possibly even Causins if it’s at a discount because of his achilles. Playing him with Capela intrigues me. Wouldn’t work with some matchups, but it’s worth exploring.

Point is, adding more 3 and D guys simply isn’t good enough.

lw17, GotGame15, RyanB and 2 others like this.
  9. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Some interesting FAs to look at are Isiah Thomas and Jabari Parker.

Both are huge boom-bust guys.

Isiah is always injured recently...but if you can get him healthy it'd be like having Lou Williams again. He could come off the bench and we could play a backcourt of Ego AND IT. It would mean getting CP3 more rest so his hamstrings are not on fire by the time the post season ncomes around.

We need a backup PG. He doesn't have to be good. Could be Ish Smith level good, a decent back up PG that can just run the 2nd unit with Harden AND CP3 resting.

With Parker well...he has potential...but he's never healthy. If he did stay healthy one would hope that we could help the guy turn his career around. Would be a very MDA move

Cousins is interesting, but he clogs up the lane with Capela. I would not really be all that mad if we say replaced Capela with Cousins, I trust CP3 to keep things settled and Harden has 0 issues deferring to a player like Cousins. Many people will groan but I think outside of Lebron Cousins is probably our only shot at getting a star player. We have to decide how all-in we are. Seeing as how Harden is almost 30, we don't have any more years to sit around and wait for next FA class.

Paul George is set on the Lakers for some silly reason, he's the only other legit star out there. PG would be great for this team. He's a better Ariza basically.

seeingred, lw17 and Why not? like this.
  10. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

I hope so. I see no other we we get thru Warriors or a healthy Celtics team without him. Without bron --The league will Foster-Ize any of those series such that Warriors or Celtics would beat us (short of a curry /KD season ending injury).

11. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

Agree with most of this. I like Jabari, but I think he’s probably gonna want too much money. Could end up being similar to Ryno. And I think with Cousins, you could start him with Capela, then platoon them for the rest of the game, and let the matchup decide who finishes. But I think they could actually play together in small spurts, Cousins can stretch the floor pretty well.

Lots of options. And I think we’ll have a decent idea of our chances at the King here pretty soon. Regardless, I trust Morey to continue to improve our chances. Last night will sting, probably forever! But we’re in a good spot. Even if we just make minor moves and run this thing back... This was the first year of Harden and CP and basically everyone agrees we would have won this series with a healthy CP... We’ll be back!

12. jayfree

jayfree Member

I think one thing we learned is that we have a team and a system that works. If CP3 is here next year then we do what we can to win games but also make sure to take games off for rest because we know the post season is where the magic happens.

Lawlruschang and JMAD21 like this.
  13. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Finding a taker for Ryan Anderson would be insanely challenging

14. jayfree

jayfree Member

Maybe we can convince the Cavs that having a younger, whiter version of Lebron (who can space the floor) would bring them back to the Finals ;)

IvanLCPM and Bids9 like this.
  15. Lawlruschang

Lawlruschang Member

When a dude like KD joins a 73-9 team, you lose the luxury of winning on your own terms. We actually almost did it anyways, but the NBA wouldn’t allow that to happen. We must win at all costs now.

seeingred, adw, dcfma and 3 others like this.
  16. Game7

Game7 Member

I just hope CP3 comes back and I agree that this (Houston with JH) is probably his best chance to win. As far as LeBron goes, it will take a miracle to bring him here. A miracle I would accept, but I am not a spiritual person and will not be holding my breath. Gonna be an interesting off season for us, no doubt.

whiskeyred and jayfree like this.
  17. Lawlruschang

Lawlruschang Member

C
    Chance to get revenge after KD’s move while also helping his close friend CP3 redeem himself? Easily

jayfree likes this.
  18. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

I honestly think we have a shot. But making salaries work would be very difficult. The only way I think to make Cleveland cooperate with us to pull a Billy King and throw in multiple future draft picks.

jayfree likes this.
  19. Asian Sensation

Well I’ll tell ya one thing... it ain’t ever gonna be the Harden story.

Cstyle42 and forchette49 like this.
  20. kingkingston

kingkingston Member