1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Locker room devastated

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stormy1234, May 28, 2018.

1. janpwnz

janpwnz Member

It's not really Anderson's fault. He just doesn't fit the style rockets plays anymore, especially against these warriors where they put 4 guards out there. I would trade him for someone else most definitely. There are just not much where i would consider trading for tho.

Red Chocolate likes this.
  2. kjayp

kjayp Contributing Member

He's already a negative value contract that will cost us deeply to move...
    Let's add the stink of dissension to the mix to really drive up the cost of moving him...
    think big picture...

3. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

I don't like thinking about next year myself. The reality is that a lot of these guys are older now and they don't have many good years left. Hell for some of them, this could of been their last really good year.

I feel for them. It was a great year and it sucks finishing the year like this. I feel pretty shitty myself.

4. Caesar

Caesar Member

I think it's more about CP3 getting older and even more injury prone and then adding on top of that his max contract and little to no wiggle room left to make the roster improvements you need to beat a team like GS. We basically need a 3rd star to ensure deep WCF runs and pushing these Warriors to the brink and possibly beating them. Ryan Anderson basically ****s us. 2 more years and over 40 million left to be a piss poor cheerleader. You can't overcome that and build a roster sure enough to beat the Warriors next year or the following year as CP3 ages into his twilight years.

5. Coach E

Coach E Member

The great news is, no way cp3 bails on us after how it all went down.

We just need Lebron to get swept and come to Houston next season.

6. BMoney

BMoney Contributing Member

What an asinine thing to say.

7. Newlin

Newlin Member

I think all our players care and have heart. They busted their tails this series. The loss of CP3 and the Warriors talent was just too much to overcome.

8. SWTsig

SWTsig Contributing Member

That’s some sweet revisionist history you got there. That “incredible” team wasn’t that “incredible” team until it became that “incredible” team.

9. Entropy

Entropy Member

They're going to need that mental strength to continually try to beat the Warriors with an unfavorable chance of success. They played their hearts out this season, and we can only hope they keep that heart next season. But only so much you can do against a Warriors team who have the uncanny knack of having the best player on the other team injured on their way to the Championships all the time.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  10. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

I’m super proud of the team. They won’t get the trophy but I feel like the defense and effort was enough to win tonight if outside factors don’t contribute.

Lost by 9 and 18 points were blatantly gifted to the other team.

11. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Is that what you really want though?! We should've beat this team without him!!!

lw17 and D-rock like this.
  12. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

Damn. This is gonna take a while to get over.

chievous minniefield likes this.
  13. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

They did take forced shots almost every half court possession.

14. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

Damn this is too sad.

Lawlruschang likes this.
  15. KingCheetah

KingCheetah Contributing Member

[​IMG]

16. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I love the grit and heart this team showed. They battled and clawed their way to a 7th game at home. With better luck, they easily could have been playing in the Finals. This was a championship-caliber team that simply lost to another championship-caliber team.

17. Rocketman7

Rocketman7 Member

18. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

I feel bad for these guys because they were screwed over by the refs.

That being said, Ariza was an embarrassment offensively going 0-12. Capela was a joke from the foul line(I think he finished 2-6). Harden stunk again from 3 and had some awful turnovers late. And Green was pretty bad too, although he's always been streaky. Don't get me started on Ryno. Frankly, D'Antoni should've stuck with Luc. He's a non-factor offensively, but he at least could've offered some perimeter D.

The Rockets were jobbed by the league and its company men officials. But they did themselves no favors with their offensive performance in the 2nd half.

19. HP3

HP3 Member

thats not the whole story and you know it....

20. SageHare6

SageHare6 Member

“It’s ok guys, I made money betting on the Dubs”

lw17 likes this.