1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Ariza and Mbah a Moute need to go

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ashleyem, May 28, 2018.

1. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

You are not gonna stop Durant with so-call "ace stoppers". We need guys who can create their own offense and exploit mismatches. Give me Marcus Morris and Michael Beasley all day over Ariza and Mbah a Moute.

2. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

Moute is for the minimum so chill.

And Beasley? Are you really this stupid or just a troll? Please tell me you're just a troll.

FTR there is no Durant stopper.

3. Reeko

Reeko Member

lmao at mentioning Beasley...clueless...

4. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Too this day, I never understood the Marcus Morris trade. It I would bring back Ariza. But I made a post after game 5 that we have to get younger and more skilled. Once cp3 went down, it exposed our lack of skilled players. If you can deny the ball from harden or Gordon you were guaranteed to kill at least 5 second off the clock. This was also exposed early in the season when co3 went down and before we signed green. We have to get more ball handlers. The warriors always have 4 players on the floor who can actually handle the rock

bj3175 likes this.
  5. coffeelover665

I think Ariza did fine. He has to guard the greatest scorer in the NBA. He had no legs at the end.

6. Mr. Space City

they can can come back for the vet min.

but unless we get a lebron, kawhi, or paul george to upgrade that 3 spot, we're ****ed.

UTSA2step likes this.
  7. rcketsfan1

rcketsfan1 Member

Mbah A Moute has been injured since his first shoulder dislocation. Prior to then, he was killing it. Post shoulder injury, he was hot garbage. We need more players like a healthy Mbah A Moute IMHO. Ariza was tired because we didn't have a 3 and D back up to give him enough rest. That backup player should have been Mbah A Moute. I don't think these two are the problem at all.

8. roslolian

roslolian Member

Are you dumb or what? LMM is making the minimum Ariza is making 7M what do you expect to get for 7M?

You think Durant will be stopped by somebody making 7M a year?

LOL wtf!

9. Vivi

Vivi Member

Everyone has to go apparently :D so many dumb threads...that i'm actually almost smiling.

10. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

Guys calm down. This game was a complete fluke. The odds of the Rockets shooting 7-44 from three are so incredibly slim, even if every single shot was contested. You can’t even be mad. This game was a perfect storm for GS to pull off the upset.

Lawlruschang likes this.
  11. LonghornFan

LonghornFan Contributing Member

Ariza was the only one really even trying on D. How are you supposed to guard a 7 foot shooter who happens to be one of the best ever?

Stupid thread.

12. Hank McDowell

Hank McDowell Member

Ariza was not fine. Yes, he tried hard on defense but he played 42 minutes and didn’t score a single point. 0 for 12, 0 for 9 from 3, didn’t get to the line and a team worst -15 for the game just is not fine.

Slim, rockets1995 and Lawlruschang like this.
  13. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

Who cares? You're not gonna stop Durant. 5 straight game being held under 100. Harden and Paul need more help on offense.

UTSA2step and Lawlruschang like this.
  14. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Beasley lol. Yeah okay

15. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

You can't stop Durant. You can only try to match his scoring.

Lawlruschang likes this.
  16. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

AshleyEm needs to go.

Mods, make it happen.

Michael Beasley... :D

steddinotayto likes this.
  17. janpwnz

janpwnz Member

If you think anyone can stop Durant by himself then you must be day dreaming. I don't blame Ariza for this game with his missed threes. They were all at the target. Honestly, I think his defense throughout the series has out weight his miss threes by tons. He is a very good defensive player with a great value contract. As for the prince himself, we should sign him to a fair contract for like 2 year or something. What he did when he was healthy is amazing. The players I would like to keep to start the next season would be Harden/CP/Cap/PJ/Ariza/EGo/Luc/Green/Maybe Black. The rest I think we can just disregard.

dcfma likes this.
  18. RocketsFido

RocketsFido Member

Ariza was completely gassed today, thats why he couldnt hit a shot.

He's getting there in age and I'd like to have him back for a vet min but we severely need to upgrade our 3 spot into an all-star this off-season.

We better pray Lebron wants to sign with us this off-season, I mean we did lose to the Warriors in 7 and hopefully the Cavs get swept so that will make him look good if he leaves and comes to Houston.

Lawlruschang likes this.
  19. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

That's the point. And you have to have better offensive players to match with Durant's scoring.

20. ashleyem

ashleyem Member

It wasn't just today. I've been saying all year long he's a very limited offensive player. Can you imagine how much better our offense would be with Marcus Morris, Michael Beasley and Jeff Green? Those are the guys that Morey should've gone after.