1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Do Something, Morey: Summer 2018 Edition

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Carl Herrera, May 28, 2018.

1. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

We need to target LeBron James, Scott Foster and Tony Brothers in free agency.

2. valorita

valorita Member

New big three

sammy and lw17 like this.
  3. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Literally made me laugh. Thanks

Corrosion, Ramo$e and lw17 like this.
  4. BeardedWonder

BeardedWonder Member

Need to find a third team to take on Ryno

lw17 and touring_low like this.
  5. coffeelover665

Lebron James vision and passing skills are what sets him apart. A player with his combination of size, and point guard skills is very rare. The only player to have this in the past was Magic Johnson. There are no more than 5 players in the NBA that have the vision and passing skills of LeBron. On top of all this he's a physical specimen. He has developed his body to make it a great strength, he is a legit 240 pounds and has very little body fat. Automatic final trips year in year out. One of the greats. But I'll take one Scott Foster please.

Matt78777 likes this.
  6. HorryForThree

HorryForThree Member

This team will need to improve dramatically to have a real shot next year. We now know what we need, and the good thing is, we know some of our pieces are good enough to compete in a series like this:

JH
    CP3
    Capela
    PJ Tucker
    Gerald Green
    Eric Gordon

Ariza played awful today, and he had *wide* open looks. I just dont see how you can confidently go into next season with him as your starting SF for the playoffs. I think Luc is a better player when healthy, and I would seriously consider moving on from Ariza and upgrading that spot with Luc coming off the bench.

Anderson is an obvious challenge, and we will see what Morey can do with him. Chances are we will ship him off and send money for little to nothing in return. There's a chance Morey holds on to him until the trade deadline and looks for takers then, but I dont see how you go into the season with him given where he is in the roster. I doubt Iso Joe comes back (he might retire), and same goes for Nene.

So we need a backup C that can rebound and knock down FTs, a backup PF, and SF. Unfortunately, our draft position given past trades will not help fill these voids. The good thing is that veteran/talented players will seriously consider coming to Houston knowing how close we were to winning this season. If I'm Morey, I go after everyone: Lebron, Paul George, Demarcus Cousins, etc. and see if any show interest in taking less for a possible championship shot. I could see Morey going after Tyreke Evans as well. All of that said, CP3 and Capela will be getting HUGE contracts this offseason, and I'm pretty sure that Morey wont let Ariza walk (though I wish he would given his G7 performance)....

PeterKingX and lw17 like this.
  7. bevo202

bevo202 Member

If we resign Paul to a near max and Capela to a max were over the cap then all you can do is resign Ariza since we have his rights. I think we get the mid livel or mini mid level which is like 7 or 4 million. Only way to really improve is to trade which will he hard unless you give up Capela

8. sealclubber1016

Supporting Member

This team right now was beating Golden St.

We don't need some miracle acquisition. A few tweaks and come back hungrier.

9. Obito

Obito Contributing Member

We really need better shooters. We were almost there but it'll be tougher adding a year to a not so young squad.

We definitely need to upgrade some things.

10. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Adam SIlver would be better than all 3 combined

lw17 likes this.
  11. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

That's actually a big 4. Tony Brothers are two people dude

lw17 likes this.
  12. bingsha10

bingsha10 Member

Easy, just give up a 1st rounder. It's not like they've had one in years.

And all that is needed is for Cp3 to get a new hamstring

lw17 likes this.
  13. vonbock

vonbock Member

Agreed 100%. Morey is super genius. He has traded away almost all of our 1st round picks so we have no young players to develop. But wait, the ones we do draft, his genius has given us Royce White, and the Morris twin. He loves to give long term deals to future hall of famers like Ryan Anderson and Pj Tucker. His genius moves for this summer will be, sign Chris Paul to a max contract for half a season of work each season. Trade Anderson along with their next available 1st round pick 20 years from now for another aging player that we hold for 1 year. Ferttita is a cuthroat billionaire., I think it might be cheaper for him to get rid of Morey.

PeterKingX, lw17 and Kiddsir like this.
  14. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

You guys realize the Rockets just had to shoot 25% from three to win tonight. 7 for 44 will never happen again. This team shot 36% from three all season. 36% would have been 16 makes and the Rockets win by 18.

15. vonbock

vonbock Member

I agree 100%. If the starters weren't shooting, maybe they should have left some of the bench shoot 3's.

16. Carl Herrera

If the events are random and independent, the probability of making 7 or fewer shots out of 44 when you have a 36% chance of making each shot is approximately 0.3%-- 1 in every 333 games or so.

17. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

Yep and the odds of missing 27 in a row when you shoot 36.2% is 1 in 186,140. This isn’t even factoring in that some of the shots were wide open corner threes that they shot at a higher clip. Make no mistake, the Worriers caught every break imaginable in this series and still had to go to the 4th quarter of a Game 7 to win it. Truly astounding. I want to see the 538 study on the shooting aberration that was Game 7. We will never see this again.

18. Pluplue

Pluplue Member

Just send a mixtape of the ****ed up calls to Silver and if he doesn't do anything find some media outlet that will spread it and ruin the NBA

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

20. Carl Herrera

Nets got rid of Mozgov for the expiring Dwight Howard! Why hasn't Morey traded Anderson yet?

PeterKingX likes this.