1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Woj: Chris Paul “Less likely than likely” to Return for Game 7

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by War Machine, May 26, 2018.

1. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Why did he wait so long? he should have done it when Harden was resting in the 2nd Half.. MDA should have played everyone when the Rockets had the lead.

2. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

You are entitled to that opinion but I guarantee you that morey will pay him a max contract this offseason. Thats really his only option.

3. mockster

mockster Member

I guarantee Chris Paul plays

Tfor3 and Lawlruschang like this.
  4. Bandwagoner

Bandwagoner Contributing Member

what do we get if he doesn't?

For me, I knew as soon as he got on the plane he was done. If you are trying to get healthy quick you don't travel.

rocketman84 likes this.
  5. Yao4REAL

Yao4REAL Member

CP3 defy gravity with some of his moves. No wonder he's prone to injury.

6. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

I don't believe CP3 is playing Monday and yes he's my favorite player back to 2005. Maybe a week from now but that is incredibly unfair with that injury and I don't see them risking it. I doubt he could be effective. Walking is different than constantly pushing off that hamstring (running, cutting, stopping, starting, jumping, twisting) and I don't think he can do it and it has nothing to do with pain tolerance. That man plays like a Mack truck. If this was a more moderate in game injury he might be able to play out the game before it tightened up but that spasm has occurred now and he has to wait for it to clear or he could really tear the hell out of it and cause real problems.

7. htwnbandit

htwnbandit Member

We were so, so close... But you know what they say, if you ain't first, you might as well be last.

amaru likes this.
  8. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

If LeBron opts in & demands a trade to Houston like Paul did, simply trading Ryno, Gordon and a couple NG's would get it done for LeBron. The Cavs are already in Cap Room hell, so if LeBron is leaving I'm sure they wouldn't mind tanking with a few bad contracts.

#68 BigggReddd, May 27, 2018
    Last edited: May 27, 2018
    adw likes this.
  9. RESINator

RESINator Member

I truly believe if Chris Paul sacrifices himself for aa Monda win (ie what he did for the clippers against Spurs) then James harden and the roleplayers can beat a LeBron james led team.

Lawlruschang, dcfma and BigggReddd like this.
  10. Mr. Space City

game 7

chris paul descends from the toyota center rafters like sting

[​IMG]

has 40 points 6 assist with 0 turnovers and 5 steals.

rockets advance to the nba finals

and scene/

joshuaao, Tfor3, Lawlruschang and 4 others like this.
  11. Rocketeer4Life

If Chris Paul doesn't play, its over. I won't even bother watching to avoid further devastation.

12. Spoolxx

Spoolxx Member

Grade 1 strain usually means you're out for at least 3 weeks. So unless he's superman, very unlikely he's playing. Rubio had a similar injury and he was out for the whole series.

13. dkim1984

dkim1984 Member

Have faith, nation. We didn’t play well tonight, but we also had some mental relapses. Our defense has played well against these guys, and it was more than just CP3. And now we come back to Htown where hopefully the crowd is raucus.

We need to get our heads back in defensive communication mode, and force Curry to defend every play.

Not easy but not impossible.

Lawlruschang and jevjnd like this.
  14. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

He is not playing.

And even if he is, this series is too intense for a gimpy CP to make a mark.

Rockets just dont have enough left in the tank to play with this intensity for 4 quarters. Even with CP they were barely squeezing out games.

What you saw tonight was fatigue set in.

They had no legs after the half.

amaru, Hakeemtheking and Baqui99 like this.
  15. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

It’s a shame. He was brought here to put the Rockets over the top. To beat the Warriors. And now when the team really needs him, he can’t play. Now we’re back to Harden and company trying to beat a loaded GS team.

Tfor3 likes this.
  16. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

I mean, we knew what we were getting when we brought CP3 in.

It's a miracle he's even lasted this long given his long history of breakdowns.

17. JW86

JW86 Member

He's not playing, guaranteed. We're still at home so we should win.

Tfor3 likes this.
  18. zcarenow

zcarenow Member

Just wait till tomorrow and check what Mark Berman (Fox 26 Sports) will have

Tfor3 likes this.
  19. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

Agreed. D’Antoni should’ve trusted his bench and rested Harden more. But hindsight is 20/20. He probably thought with the 17 point lead, let’s try to keep our foot on their throat and go all out with Harden. He forgot Harden can disappear when he’s gassed.

Lawlruschang likes this.
  20. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Its pathetic that our backup PG is NBDL Jackson.

Morey should take all blame.
    How could you have nothing prepared with CP3 is injury prone.