1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 5/26/2018 (Western Conference Finals, Game 6)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 25, 2018.

1. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

i don’t see how fans can be mad about this loss. Rockets fought hard but I have to say, the refs were very difficult to overcome this game. With CP3 it wouldn’t have mattered I’m sure of it.

But Harden having no other ball handler to give him a breather sadly did them in coupled with the deflating no calls at the basket.

Rockets will win this Monday at home.

2. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

What a complete second half collapse, epic really, 42 point swing. Can't wait to send this team home crying Monday, can't stand them, absolutely cannot stand them.

2 things, why are we driving and driving when we aren't getting calls at the rim. We got a 17 point 1st quarter lead by being hot from 3, not attacking the rim. No one's even in foul trouble, I don't get it. Shoot the ball.

Also, Capela isn't pulling out Draymond far enough from the rim, he's helping on everything. So why not have Anderson just stand in the corner? Especially if you insist on driving all game? Draymond isn't even remotely looking to score, so defense truly can't be the issue. If Anderson is scared to shoot, have him then pass to a cutter to the rim, when Draymond is no where near it offering help.

D-rock likes this.
  3. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

The problem is that Harden is the only guy on the roster right now that can create offense for more than himself. Gordon can get his own shot but he’s a black hole. You saw what it looked like when MDA tried to rest him. Harden has no room to coast because it’s literally all on him and the Warriors know it. Without Paul in the lineup to relieve the pressure it’s impossible for Harden to maintain what he did in the first half the entire game. Against Orlando sure. Not against the Warriors. Chris Paul has to play on Monday.

egierczy and Beardaholic13 like this.
  4. Fantasma Negro

**** Reggie ****** ass Miller

BigM and CCity Zero like this.
  5. solid

solid Contributing Member

Rockets forgot to play the second half. Disappointing. The officiating was clearly one-sided. Disappointing. We lost. Disappointing. I am really disappointed. But, at least we have another shot. Game seven was inevitable with these two teams. We had them on the ropes, but couldn't knock them out.

ReignSupreme and Patience like this.
  6. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

One thing to consider. If this team was made to beat the warriors hiw come even when healthy they can only play 7 guys against them? One guy gets injured and it’s down to 6 basically.

One of those guys is Gerald green who we luckily added.

So to DM - we need more, better and younger Ariza types. Younger though. Healthier.

7. HookemHorns1250

I understand. I apologize that it may have seemed I aimed the "Pathetic" phrase to you. It was meant for the "Choke City is back!" "Harden has sucked all series..." comments.

Again, I agree with a lot that you say...I let my emotions get to me as well during that, so I apologize.

8. juanm34

juanm34 Member

F**** It !! We will take it at home!

9. Rock Block

Rock Block Sorta here sometimes
    Supporting Member

Look, we were long shots going in tonight so don’t act like we should’ve won going away. Holding that 1st qtr lead wasn’t going to happen, we got tired and couldn’t keep up the pace.

You can’t have it both ways. You go to a deeper rotation and it doesn’t pan out we’re all here yelling about “why trust player X”? Bring it back to H Town, lay it all out and see what transpires....

10. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Who can tell me why Gordon only have 12 shots?

Even Ariza has 19 shots.

ReignSupreme likes this.
  11. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Refs got the Warriors momentum swinging, ultimately. But it was up to us to stop it and it didn't happen.

The officiating was in the back of my mind before the game started. Didn't even think it was a possibility to lose to horrible officiating. Oh well.

12. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

13. fattz

fattz Member

Please no he is setting Star

14. BigM

BigM Contributing Member

I love how all the injury talk is about Igoudola. Are we missing anyone Reggie?

15. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!
    Supporting Member

I have seen bias, I don't see it tonight - the Rockets are to blame for their own failures you score less than 30 points in a half....you lose...

Were there bad calls? Sure, but that is not why we lost.

DD

16. rockets94-95

rockets94-95 Member

Many will obviously be wondering whether CP3 will play on Monday. The first part of this game showed we can clearly more than compete with GSW if he's not able to go. As long as we focus on our game, we can finish them off at home with or without him if need be. It wouldn't be the Rockets (or Houston sports generally) if this didn't go down to the wire.

17. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Reggie talking about who wants it more when it’s 1 all star against 4. Just stfu.

pippendagimp likes this.
  18. mac_got_this

mac_got_this Member

Joe Johnson can’t play in this series. He didn’t look good in the regular season.

19. J.R.

J.R. Member

Whoa! DreamShook had all the confidence in Jim, now blaming him for the loss. :eek::D

BigMaloe likes this.
  20. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

Wack ass turnovers all game, then Rockets missed shots

Take care of the f***** ball Game Seven..