1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Paul right hamstring non-contact injury.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RESINator, May 24, 2018.

1. OremLK

OremLK Member

There's another option besides "play CP3" and "don't play CP3". You can start the game without CP3 and see how things are going. If we're keeping it close, if it's a close game going into the second half, maybe even not until the 4th quarter, then you use him and go for the win right then and there.

If we can't keep it close and the Warriors are destroying us, then not only do you keep CP3 on the bench, you also bench the whole starting lineup early and let the bench (minus Gordon) play the rest of the way. Time for Zhou to shine :D

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

I also think it works both ways. Allows Ryan’s and Luc to get some confidence in their shot/injury.

3. ak99999

ak99999 Member

Just save cp3 for the 4th quarter so Harden does not have to set the plays.

hakeem94 likes this.
  4. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

I think that would make sense if Chris is 80 percent fit. It's a gamble I would be willing to consider, because of our lack of depth.

5. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

The strategy makes sense.... MDA and the Rox would be criticized for it in the media but who cares.

6. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

There is another possibility, reduce Tucker, Ariza, and Gordon's minutes to 25. Harden still plays 30-32.

Worriers won't accuse us of forfeiting. Everyone should be okay, and grind it out in Game 7.

Talk sense into Chris Paul : Hey, Chris, we know you are the ultimate competitor but this game we need you to rest, all of it or play bench minutes.

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Exactly we need our 7 man rotation to get some rest.

8. rocketsjudoka

rocketsjudoka Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I definitely don't think we should start CP3 even if he feels ready to go. In game 6 I would even minimize Harden's minutes. I think you need to take every game seriously but this is a situation where we have a game in hand..

Stormy1234 likes this.
  9. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

That would be such a Morey thing to do and I would love to see this. Would they get rolled by 20+? Sure but I'd put our bench up against theirs any day of the week. They most certainly would have to play at least one of their all stars just to guarantee the win due to their bench sucking.

I would be 100% for this

Ubiquitin and daywalker02 like this.
  10. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Haha I dare to say they would lose only in the 30-40 range opposed to Game 3.

It would be a shootout for sure. Gerald Green going for 30 or dies trying.

steddinotayto and Ubiquitin like this.
  11. Ubiquitin

Ubiquitin Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

The more I think about it, this would probably be my NBA 2K MyTeam lineup since I am too cheap to pay real money on VC.

BigShasta and daywalker02 like this.
  12. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

This has probably already been posted a few times, but this right here made me hold onto hope.

13. steddinotayto

steddinotayto Contributing Member

I can't believe I'm sitting here fantasizing about this scenario. It would break the NBA but the reaction by Kerr would be priceless.

daywalker02 likes this.
  14. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Man, I can’t stop thinking about this. Totally unfair that we wouldn’t get a FAIR shot at them to advance. We deserve this. Paul deserves this. D’antoni Deserves this. And dammit, if harden could hit some shots, he deserves this!

15. DwangBoy

DwangBoy Member

Harden will have to earn it tmrw

rocketman84 likes this.
  16. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

If the Rockets start the game thinking CP3 is available, it could have a negative effect psychologically.

17. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I had a flight to Houston last night. Basically had to shut off my phone as the plane was taking off, with 1:20 left in the game. As soon as I was about to touch down in Houston, and I looked up the score and saw we won. I was elated. Went to Clutchfans, and it took me a minute to realize what had happened. Ugh ... of course this is what we'd face. In all the scenarios I had playing out in my head during the flight, it didn't occur to me that a potentially season-ending injury to Chris Paul could happen in that final minute.

18. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Downer alert - He said "oh yeah" because he always always says that prior to jumping in a Maybach and being whisked away. It's a catch phrase type deal.

19. Rockets4Life13

Can i donate my hamstring to chris paul? I don’t need it. Please take mine, chris!

MiddleMan and Eddie Cecco like this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member