1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Paul right hamstring non-contact injury.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RESINator, May 24, 2018.

1. DirtyDizzil

DirtyDizzil Member

Damn you lil b and your curse o_O

2. apollo33

apollo33 Member

lmao holy ****

Smacktle and BigShasta like this.
  3. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

For those who are curious, the NBA Finals schedule is as follows:

Game 1: Thu, May 31: Celtics/Cavaliers at Warriors/Rockets, 9 p.m. ET, ABC/R
    Game 2: Sun, June 3: Celtics/Cavaliers at Warriors/Rockets, 8 p.m. ET, ABC/R
    Game 3: Wed, June 6: Warriors/Rockets at Celtics/Cavaliers, 9 p.m. ET, ABC/R
    Game 4: Fri, June 8: Warriors/Rockets at Celtics/Cavaliers, 9 p.m. ET, ABC/R
    Game 5*: Mon, June 11: Celtics/Cavaliers at Warriors/Rockets, 9 p.m. ET, ABC/R
    Game 6*: Thu, June 14: Warriors/Rockets at Celtics/Cavaliers, 9 p.m. ET, ABC/R
    Game 7*: Sun, June 17: Celtics/Cavaliers at Warriors/Rockets, 8 p.m. ET, ABC/R

So if the Rockets can somehow pull this series off without CP3(or with him severely hobbled), he could miss the first 2 home games and get over a week off were he to return in Game 3. If he sits out both Games 6 and 7 and the Rockets still pull off a miracle and advance, he'd get nearly 2 weeks off if he sat til Game 3.

Now we just have to hope it's not a tear. Or if it is, it's the kind Harden had which somehow only kept him out a couple weeks.

4. ryl

ryl Member

Strain is essentially a tear. It’s a spectrum of the same thing. Grade 3 is a complete tear. It’s probably more important where the injury is. Whether at the origin off the tuberosity or myotendinlis junction. Anyway, doubtful from what it looked like, but won’t know til further review.

5. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Seriously, no one is talking about how MDA has to deal with Luc's injured shoulder

Smacktle, DonKnock, Tfor3 and 8 others like this.
  6. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

When @J.R. talks like this... it’s serious. Couldn’t have said it any better.

Smacktle, jboslett and BigShasta like this.
  7. TheresTheDagger

Someone put in a call to Mr. Miyagi...

[​IMG]

8. Mr Chuck Norris

lmao that was 5 years ago man

9. Sweet Lou 4 2

Sweet Lou 4 2 Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Playing with an injured hamstring risks tearing it severely or completely rupturing it. I guess he will go for it but I can't believe he will be truly able to go.

dkim1984 likes this.
  10. AalyMD

AalyMD Member

Fyi a tear is a full tear, a sprain is equivalent to partial tears. Either way, sprain/strain, or not, tissue is compromised. My medical option, solely based on the fact that it was non contact and Cp3 facial expression, I do not feel good.

11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I agree with this. I'm giving Zero excuses for Harden. I hope you don't think just because I'm giving credit to Harden's defense as being equally as valuable as his offense, I'm giving him an excuse.

This is Harden's time. He needs one. Just one.

I know I'm on record saying I trust the team more than Harden, but I think Harden can do it.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  12. YOLO

YOLO Member

a hobbled cp3 is still effective. see the opening game of the year. he can impact the game in a ton of ways

DonKnock and Tfor3 like this.
  13. ryl

ryl Member

I agree. I’m an orthopedic surgeon and see this kind of stuff pretty often. Didn’t look good. But who knows? Elite athletes defy the norm routinely.

14. YOLO

YOLO Member

well with hammy's it is pain tolerance bc he limits your mobility and ability to push off and drive angles

15. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Grade 1 is ideal.

Grade 2 will cause slight limp

Grade 3 likely requires crutches

My diagnosis is a a 1.5. That's right 1.5. 2-7 day recovery with treatment

#255 Tfor3, May 24, 2018
    Last edited: May 25, 2018
  16. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

I was just going to add the exact same thing. As if Luc wasn't our most versatile defender & most consistent player throughout the year. He was steady, rarely had a bad game. Come back Prince Luc :(

Smacktle and Tfor3 like this.
  17. RKREBORN

RKREBORN Member

Jobu is happy

Smacktle likes this.
  18. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

See: 2014/15 playoffs.

Pain tolerance isn't a factor this late in the year man. Paul don't care. He's got the tolerance. A 50% Chris Paul is still an effective Chris Paul.

Smacktle and Tfor3 like this.
  19. YOLO

YOLO Member

didnt say he couldnt be effective but hes now 3 years older and has gone through numerous additional injuries. a extremely huge difference. that definitely is a factor man.

20. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

If he doesn’t play 6 he’ll play 7.

Medical and sports science is great. Massages and science water for you.