1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Chris Paul right hamstring non-contact injury.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by RESINator, May 24, 2018.

1. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

[​IMG]

Can you fix him????

Smacktle, DonKnock, dkim1984 and 4 others like this.
  2. YOLO

YOLO Member

if its a tear, hes done without question.

a strain is an entrely different story and alot of it will be based on pain tolerance. also a minutes restriction would definitely come into play if he decides to tough it out

Smacktle and MyLateRegistration like this.
  3. vince

vince Member

Only reason Kerr was confident at the press conference is because of the Paul injury. They got D’d up for two games straight.

It’s time for Harden to step it up offensively...

Shoot, this sux bad about Paul’s hamstring....

DonKnock, Tfor3, adw and 5 others like this.
  4. Carr Bombed

Carr Bombed Member

That was over a decade ago. Paul isn't a spring chicken anymore.

rocketman84 likes this.
  5. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Yeah but in what condition?

A limping Chris Paul isnt going to get it done.

I dont know whats worse?

To lose a series by gettin blown out or to go up and get this close and then lose the series on a friggin injury.

Losing by getting this close and in this manner is really going to be cruel.

Smacktle, Little Bit and BallSoHarden like this.
  6. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

High likely hood that Paul might be using HBOT(hyperbaric Oxygen therapy) tonight...Rest fully tomorrow...Then check on game day if he can go...if not might get a few days before a possible game 7. (but if the Rockets stun the nation with a game 6 win) ...he'll get more days

Smacktle, DonKnock, adw and 2 others like this.
  7. HTM

HTM Member

We haven't lost anything. Pull yourself together.

Smacktle and DonKnock like this.
  8. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Stfuuuuu Ernie Johnson. Never utter iguodala injury compared to this.

Smacktle, Tfor3, adw and 2 others like this.
  9. HardLin

HardLin Member

He was in pain and not happy, but he was limping around on his own power. He's looked just as bad before and skipped a game to rest, but I remember D'Antoni saying he would play if it was an important game. Hopefully it's at that level of pull (or better). Have Gordon start and CP3 come off the bench in game 6.

DonKnock, Tfor3 and vince like this.
  10. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

If(and I pray this is the case) it's similar to his 2015 Game 7 injury, I think he sits Game 6 and gives it a go in Game 7.

3 years ago, he strained his hammy against the Spurs and then missed Games 1 and 2 against the Rockets. But here's the "what if?" we'll never know. If the Rockets hadn't come out lackadaisical and gotten their asses handed to them in Game 1 by LA, would CP3 have sat out of Game 2? We gave him the luxury of another game off because they'd already stolen one. Hell, they nearly stole Game 2 without him.

11. ReignSupreme

ReignSupreme Member

Hopefully and prayfully GOD allows Mother Goddess Oshun and healer Osain to work with CP3's hamstring and assist the medical staff with the right course of treatment. Peace and blessings.

amaru, DonKnock, Tfor3 and 2 others like this.
  12. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

I cant.

Me for the last hour...

[​IMG]

13. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

I honestly think pain tolerance isn't a factor this deep into the playoffs as our trainers probably have some CRAZY strong IV pain meds.

I think it just depends on the severity of the strain. If there is no risk of severe aggravation to the injury, Paul will play no matter the pain.

14. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Jay, I'm so proud of the Rockets sitting at 3-2 over the Worriers. It's really been a "Utah Jazz" type grind the past 2 games and the Rockets prevailed in the end....that's huge.

I agree with what you're saying about CP3 needing to play if nothing is torn. I will say CP3's ill-timed strain all but sucked the elation out of tonight's win. I can't remember the last time the Rockets won a critical game and I was like...."ok...........I hope CP3 is ok". Not a good feeling.

Rockets are the better team over the Worriers. They've proven that. Only Caveat with the Rockets is they can not afford to have CP3 or Harden go down. We will see what the reports say about CP3 tomorrow.

I have no doubt the Rockets will fight because they've proven time and time again they're built to do that. I just don't know if they'll have enough to win one more against the Worriers because CP3 is hurt/injured. We will find out very soon.

Smacktle, Zboy and JayGoogle like this.
  15. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

actually it was like 4 yrs ago

Smacktle, DonKnock, Tfor3 and 2 others like this.
  16. BleedsRocketRed

I got my shrine candle burning bright for you Chris. You got this. Get better and lets get you to the Finals
    [​IMG]

17. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

"Just the way Steve Kerr has had to deal..."

No. Stop there. Chris Paul is infinitely more valuable than McGee, McCaw and Iguodala. We're talking about Chris f****** Paul here.

18. J.R.

J.R. Member

No Chris Paul = no heart, no leadership, no will, no want to, no "refuse to lose"... not from Harden anyways. No Chris Paul, Rockets lose these last two games.

You're probably saying "Nah, that's just all fake ****, that ****'s not real. Heart & leadership, you're just speaking in cliches about stuff that isn't real." That ****'s real alright! No Chris Paul, Rockets back to the Rockets of yesteryears. Harden trying to do it all & role players. And if he's trying to do it offensively, that "great D" ain't gonna be there. And if it is, his O will be off/missing again.

Time to play like the MVP! No excuses! No concussions, no mysterious illnesses, no "he's drunk! He went to the club!", no "But Iguodala is back!", nothing. High bar? You betchya! Go get it done Jimmy & company! Go get it done.

19. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

I got the same whisky glass. Cheers.

20. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

If he’s out that long the Rockets may very well lose the series. It sucks because we’re one game away from the Finals. The Warriors always get lucky playing a team with an important player injured. One all star against 4 makes my blood boil.

Smacktle, dkim1984 and vince like this.