1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Warriors @ Rockets 5/24/2018 (Western Conference Finals, Game 5)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 23, 2018.

1. adw

adw SuperClutchMan

Oh.... it did smh

BigShasta and HookemHorns1250 like this.
  2. HakeemOnlyFan

HakeemOnlyFan Member

A lot can be said negatively about Harden's performance tonight, and I would most likely agree with nearly all of it.

However, when Harden came back in the game at his usual time in the 4th quarter, he played pretty damn well, and made minimal mistakes. Got to the line several times and broke down the defense consistently. He set up the wide open 3 for Gordon that was absolutely crucial. That inbound steal to breakaway dunk was huge. He did some good things out there to help close out this game.

If there's anything I've learned after watching almost every game Harden has played as a Houston Rocket, it's to not count out James Harden. I'm confident he will come through for us.

3. HP3

HP3 Member

Also for everyone who complains about Morey signing Anderson, just remember he signed Gordon for considerably less. He might have been our best two way player tonight

4. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I have nothing to complain about Harden other than a few lazy passes. His shots wasn't falling but he wasn't giving up at all.

Points are so hard to come by when both teams play this ugly defense. He drove when he could in the 4th, and had that crucial steal and dunk. he also assisted on that Gordon 3

5. threepointshot3

This is a defensive powerhouse team we have right now. Everyone playing great defense. Defense wins titles and the rockets know it

D-rock, HakeemOnlyFan, Remlap and 3 others like this.
  6. jajayao

jajayao Member

I rarely post. But CP going down hurts I need to vent.

7. buffalobills!!!

I tried watching those idiots for maybe the third time this season and Kenny sounded like he was having an orgasm when they showed GSW making a pass then a three

D-rock likes this.
  8. threepointshot3

he also had a huge block and Durant when they had a chance to tie it with a minute to go

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

well see if youre saying all of this if cp3 is out and the same harden is playing

10. Surfguy

Surfguy Member

I think Harden is just having to work a lot harder on defense and offense. It's affecting his ability to shoot jumpers and it's a lot more contested. He's not just getting his easy shots and layups. It's a war out there.

HakeemOnlyFan, Remlap and jboslett like this.
  11. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

refs overturned like 7 calls tonite -- all in GS favor

12. apollo33

apollo33 Member

what's your point. we won tonight. Game 6 is another day. This is ugly ball, defense is what is winning us games. As long as we keep that up we have a chance

13. v3.0

v3.0 Member

Really hope Harden doesn't feel like the weight of the world is on his shoulders if CP3 is out for the next game/s, he tends to shrivel up when the moment gets too big for him. Need him to just play loose.

buffalobills!!! likes this.
  14. waytookrzy079

waytookrzy079 Member

Also broke their streak of not losing b2b games in the playoffs since the 2016 finals.

Remlap likes this.
  15. kiwirocketsfan

Harden had a +8 tonight despite shooting concrete bunkers from 3.

Can say that his court generalship and heady defense is his most important attributes at the moment.

At some point he'll get hot, hopefully its game 6 and we walk off the Worriers court with the series win.

BMoney and BigShasta like this.
  16. hongxingli

hongxingli Member

it's really felt that way, I think it's because our strategy, we are trying ISO until there is an open shot, not sure why, maybe to limit turnover? And Harden's ISO is pretty bad in this game

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

whats my point? is this harden isnt the one that should be out there. this is what him and this entire team have wanted all year. guys are doing there part . theres really no excuses left. hes the mvp right, play like one.

Tomstro likes this.
  18. MONON

MONON Member

Never fear bout CP3. He'll get treatment & be held out of game 6.They'll tape the **** out of it & he'll be ready for game 7 &/or game 1.

19. Roxs-Redemption

20. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Bottom line is he competed. He was also very solid on the defensive end. Big props to him for doing other things even though his shot wasn't falling.

HakeemOnlyFan, Remlap and jboslett like this.