1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 5/20/2018 (Western Conference Finals, Game 3)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 18, 2018.

1. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

That loss to the Mavericks is pretty darn close.

marky :), TheRealAllpro and Patience like this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

3. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Harden has some doors to knock on tonight at the hotel for "the talk"...including his own where he then talks to himself in the mirror.

"I'm good enough. I'm smart enough. And, doggone it! People like me!"

4. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

Is Harden going to make calls and leave voice mails tonight?

Come on man. You don’t lead by reacting. You lead by anticipating.

Crashlanded19 and Stormy1234 like this.
  5. riko

riko Member

Paul had more shots and probably just as much of the ball as harden tonight. Let’s not fabricate stuff up

Stormy1234 likes this.
  6. ipa

ipa Member

Man, I am mad about the loss... but just finished watching the game and the thing I am most upset about is Reggie Miller...

After a Livingston crossover and drive on Harden he said "If you make the Shaqtin a Fool, then you shouldn't be MVP"

Who should be then? Steph? That fell on his but 3-4 times this round?

Can someone shut him up?

7. javal_lon

javal_lon Member

I dont know about if this game will have an effect next game but damn, that was depressing to witness... Just hope they dont mail it in...

Stormy1234 likes this.
  8. ChefCurry

ChefCurry Member

He should take the vet minimum and come to the dubs.

9. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

WAtched first half on a phone and second half on the radio. Did we go at curry on offense AT ALL? Seemed like we were very non chalant setting up the offense again like in game 1.

The curry issue is two fold. Didn't seem like we went at him on offense and that allowed him to find his legs and let's just hope that's not permanent. Very disappointed in the execution tonight.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  10. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

That's a good point and I tend to lay some fault on coach for not getting him back in the game to quell the GS uprising. He seems to be following a formula for rest no matter what. But, this is the playoffs. There is no tomorrow.

11. apollo33

apollo33 Member

that whole gimmick of "going" after Curry is dumb as hell anyway. It sometimes takes them 15 seconds to get the switch, and then Paul and Harden has to try pretty hard to try to score on him. I wonder that takes more energy out of Harden and Paul who are not exactly the most athletic guards

Stormy1234 likes this.
  12. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

13. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Winning game 4 restores home court.

I hope they win game 4.

Tomstro, gfab-babyboi and Stormy1234 like this.
  14. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

It clearly had its benefits as Curry didn't shoot well in the games we went at him. He definitely looked frustrated too.

15. WestendMassive

NBA TV just gave Looney BLOCK OF THE NIGHT for his gigantic foul on Mbah a Moute.

All the new angles just made that no call look even worse. Refs really f'd us in that first half.

(WHY AM I STILL WATCHING?!?)

16. riko

riko Member

Anyway guys don’t let this get you down because there is always game4. Night ya all

ryano2009 likes this.
  17. gfab-babyboi

gfab-babyboi Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

What sucks is Harden needs to play SG, move off the ball... but he doesn’t... he stands in backcourt and ask for ball... trots next to the PG asking for ball... hangs behind the 3pt line asking for ball ...

If he played off ball more... we would look more like game 2 more often than games 1-3

Crashlanded19 likes this.
  18. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

I'm not talking about just tonight.

19. Kevooooo

Kevooooo Member

It makes him "easier" to guard. With many Warriors, you have to guard them on ball and off ball. With Harden you almost NEVER have to guard him off ball. He doesn't punish you for turning your head. He doesn't run you through screens to wear you down. It's all on the live dribble. The next step in the evolution of Hardens game is the Klay Thompson type offense off screens and such.

20. apollo33

apollo33 Member

can't teach old dogs new tricks. This is like asking Capela to start posting up and do dream shakes.