1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Warriors 5/20/2018 (Western Conference Finals, Game 3)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 18, 2018.

1. ryano2009

ryano2009 Member

Dantoni was right soft was the best description of tonight's game.

2. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

I dont like Lebron, but I have to say Lebron has real heart of Champion.

He wont be mentally soft like Harden or Paul, even he is 33 years old. The dude is real.

3. J.R.

J.R. Member

Steph:

Rockets were able to score 116 the first two games. Limited them to 85 this game. Did the defense change strategically or just play harder?

We played smarter. Tonight, better one on one defense, not rotate as much. That helped us get momentum. Fueled our offense & got our crowd into it.

What clicked in the 3rd for you?

It was big. Frustrating because I had the right intentions in the 1st half. Never lose confidence. Keep searching in the right ways to find openings. Offense was flowing when it comes to hitting singles & taking care of the ball. From there, it was an avalanche & felt good.

Emotions boiling over in 3rd?

A lot was talking to myself. Gotta be your biggest fan sometimes. No matter the questions after first two games, I have the highest expectations for myself. Gotta find whatever it is to get you going. Felt good & want to use that energy to show your teammates you're here & with them, get the crowd into it. Gotta have the same energy & intentions next game. Did my job tonight, gotta do it again.

Your celebrations & Draymond said your 3s bring down the house like some guy's dunks.

It's a cool moment. I was searching in the 1st half. 3rd Q it opened up. Been doing it for awhile. Won't let 2 tough games keep me frustrated. Let it take care of itself in that sense.

More aggressiveness going to the basket & your defense tonight?

They do a lot of switching, press up on the 3pt line & take away any daylight. When you have that much space, it's easier to get into the paint. You can't press. If the 3 isn't there, plenty of things I can do to get the offense going. Defensively, we were solid. One on one defense, can't have breakdowns. Just taking those challenges on.

4. houston#1

houston#1 Rookie

Get lebron And more good shooters

everyday eddie likes this.
  5. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

It just feels like the Warriors aren't saying what they really want to be saying about the Rockets after this game. This nice act is a lie. It's a good tactic to not give the Rockets any ammo but I'm not buying this BS nice talk. They want to be telling us how they beat us to a bloody pulp and it wasn't much of a challenge in doing so.

Stormy1234, whiskeyred and adw like this.
  6. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Yea the media was wrong. Hard to believe? Check the stats

Stormy1234 likes this.
  7. Crashlanded19

Crashlanded19 Member

Lebron gone **** around and recruit Chris Paul to the East. And i wouldnt even be mad at dude. James freezes him out games so much, it's hard to find a rhythm early in games.

Stormy1234 and gatsby like this.
  8. yixiixiy

yixiixiy Member

It bothers me.

We are fundamentally a soft team. Can tough it up at times.

The Fubs are fundamentally a tough team. Can soft it up at times.

Really not much room for mistakes facing this team. I’m just so tired of losing games in such a landslide and heartless way, and then listen to everyone talk about how they NEED to tough it up. How about going into every game with preemptive killing mentality?! Coaches need to instill this culture as well. Whoever plays soft, go to the god damn bench.

9. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Just embarrassing. Worst playoff lost in franchise history.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  10. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

We have to have Tuck play well offensively....saw where we are like 34-2 when he hits 4 or more 3's. Most disappointing is that in 2 games of the 3 we have talked about not being mentally ready to play...not enough energy...blah,blah ...how the hell can you not be ready to play ? Unreal and inexcusable. And it is team wide...didn't see the same hustle(not even close) as Game 2. We were outhustled for 50/50 balls, rebounds, playing D, stood still on offense.Most agregious...I believe we missed 14 LAYUPS...14 !

everyday eddie likes this.
  11. Surfguy

And, on four days rest no less. It's pretty horrific. Rest must be overrated.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  12. J.R.

J.R. Member

Rockets are a "too cool for school" kinda team.

Gotta be told to take seriously, told to play hard, told to come out aggressive, told to tough it up...

Win a game, act like they've won a series (and TC lets the confetti fall).

ReignSupreme and yixiixiy like this.
  13. J.R.

J.R. Member

At least it wasn't an elimination game? :p

Mavs by 40 in 2005
    Spurs by 39 last year (without their 2 best players)
    41 point loss tonight

Some real stinkers...:oops:

TheRealAllpro likes this.
  14. ReignSupreme

ReignSupreme Member

They need to fly you out and have you talk with the team

15. larry cook

larry cook Member

Lebron would be a fool to join this team. Cp3 low key doesn't even like playing with Harden. I like how he flags James off when hes sitting his lazy ass at half court demanding the ball from Chris time and time again. Three ball dominant players would be complete stupidity. Wade, Bron, and Bosh complemented each other very well. Old Cp3, lazy Harden, and older Lebron is just a lot of standing around and taking turns to be honest. If Lebron was a smart man he'd join the Celtics. Great coach, good system, and nice young talent. Move Hayward and reunite with Kyrie.

#2275 larry cook, May 20, 2018
    Last edited: May 20, 2018
  16. Surfguy

"Losing is a disease…".

17. Sajan

Sajan Member

What were the rockets going for 3 days? Did they forget this was game 3 of the WCF...and they are literally 3 wins away from the finals?

They are just realizing they need to toughen up? Give me a break. Pathetic.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  18. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Exactly, at least Harden the main man should've showed that toughness.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  19. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

Tuesday night is obviously HUGE...we can't go down 3-1....odds are very bad of winning 3 straight with 2 being on their court. It's a MUST WIN ! I have said all season that you can't turn it on and off when you want....we are still doing that. Against teams not named Warriors we can pretty much get away with that..not this team.Please tell me why no Capela, EGO and Jimmy guarding Durant...it's 4 on 5. You might as well play a Joe Che(not serious) We had 13 FT's..Jimmy 5 !! We can't win with just Jimmy and CP3...have to have help from role players.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  20. MikeT

MikeT Rookie

The Warriors rarely lose playoff games at home, period, though. They are on the longest home playoff win streak in history at the moment. And Rockets have to win and break that streak to advance.