1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

P.J. Tucker was so mad after Game 1 loss that he refused phone call from James Harden

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Stormy1234, May 17, 2018.

1. Stormy1234

Stormy1234 Member

[​IMG]

“I was so mad I didn’t answer the phone,” Tucker told ESPN’s Ramona Shelburne after Wednesday night’s win. “James was mad I didn’t answer. But it wasn’t one of those where we had to talk it out. We all knew what happened.”

“We played like the Rockets tonight. The first game, I don’t know who that was.”

2. apollo33

apollo33 Member

Mad Tucker is the best Tucker

hopefully he can keep this energy up, made Draymond a lil biach

gatsby, whag00, malakas and 18 others like this.
  3. chinesemamba

chinesemamba Member

you werent with me shooting in the gym!! lets go tuck.

Sean Dr34ms likes this.
  4. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

Engaged Thiccc Tucker X factor >

5. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I think game 1 we came in with a hard strategy and let it override who we were.

Game 1 they really REALLY wanted to attack Curry and focused so hard on that they ISOd MORE than they usually did. I think the number was we usually ISO slightly over 20 per game which leads the NBA and we had something like 40 ISOs game 1, so we forced it.

I also think that yeah, we looked for the pnr with Capela a lot while he was in there and the Warriors simply wasn't having it. Green defends these way too well for it to be a consistent threat for us and the rest of the Warriors do as well.

I think game 2 we just played ball. Spread the floor, attack, and let CP3 push the pace. Still had time for Harden to ISO and hit tough shots.

Good thing this team usually plays better on the road too...

6. Russjr2

Russjr2 Contributing Member

I was glad to see the ball movement and faster pace on offense. We have to do that vs a good defense. The more we can keep them out of transition the better chance we have to stop them. Our shooters should be able to hit those same shots in G St, we just have to play with the same energy and focus as we did last night.

7. Will

Will Clutch Crew
    Supporting Member

Am I the only one who was shocked when D'Antoni said last night that he didn't know CP and Tuck had a prior relationship? I thought that figured in Tuck coming here. How does the coach not know that?

gatsby, da_juice, BigMaloe and 7 others like this.
  8. omgTHEpotential

What is most encouraging for me is that we blew them out with Harden struggling shooting the ball. If Harden plays at least at his average level, this series is very winnable.

da_juice, BigMaloe, saleem and 4 others like this.
  9. Wylo

Wylo Member

lol, if Tucker was a Clutchfans member, if would have been called a hater. Got a problem with the way Harden plays? Unthinkable.

hakeem94, BigShasta and Stormy1234 like this.
  10. Drogba

Drogba Member

Weirdo. Where did Tucker imply he had a problem with Harden?

11. s3ts

s3ts Member

Uh, PJ didn't have a problem w/ the way Harden played in G1. If you did, that would make you an idiot, Harden was great.

12. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

if there's anything good that came out of all those ISOs in game 1 is the softening of Curry's ankles

13. vlaurelio

GTFO idiot!

cbass, saleem, Jontro and 1 other person like this.
  14. Scarface281

Scarface281 Contributing Member

Rockets actually had more ISOs in Game 2 than Game 1. Just a better variety of them.

roslolian and Stormy1234 like this.
  15. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Rockets found their fast pace offense.

Warriors weren’t ready.

Stormy1234 and roslolian like this.
  16. Fulgore

Fulgore Member

Our new Mario Elie

17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

I've not seen game 2 advanced stats so I'm sure you are right.

I think the nature of our isolation plays game 1 too were long and drawn out, maybe we were also trying to really slow the pace too much, we were definitely trying to attack Curry. We had way too many of those 18 seconds ISO...then attack...it reminded me of the McHale days where that was pretty much our offense for the entire year.

I think game 2 it just became...our 3 guards are good enough to break down and beat anyone, attack them all.

After game 1 Curry said something that should have been highlighted, that the Rockets did what Cleveland did and that the Warriors were pretty much prepared for it, and he said that Houston was 'Abandoning Offense to attack me' and we were. Here it is...https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...defense-rockets-offensive-strategy/613825002/

F Curry, F Klay, and F Iguodala, and Durant. Ego, Harden, and CP3 can get past any of those guys consistently, just play ball and be aggressive.

da_juice, BigMaloe, hakeem94 and 4 others like this.
  18. roslolian

roslolian Member

Tucker saved our season. He is our own version of Draymond Green really happy with his signing

19. Wylo

Wylo Member

https://clutchpoints.com/rockets-news-pj-tucker-refused-phone-call-james-harden/

Read the damn article yourself. First, Tucker doesn't even answer a phone call from Harden, and then the article goes on to say that in game 2 'Harden and Chris Paul were no longer dribbling the air out of the ball, but finding the open man and using isolation as a way to find collapses on the defense, rather than just merely exposing the weakest defender on the team.' On top of that, there's also Eric Gordon quote pointing out the same thing.

Connect the dots.

Stormy1234 likes this.
  20. vlaurelio

so the dots show Tucker and Ego hate both Harden & Chris Paul?

take this **** to TMZ idiot!