1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Let's take advantage of homecourt advantage

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 14, 2018.

1. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

2. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I'll be there. Section 108. Nice and early and do my part

3. RocketsMAN!

RocketsMAN! Member

I will be in front of my television early to watch. Kids bathed, family fed, all wearing jerseys!

4. Yaaz y2k

Yaaz y2k Member

Rockets need to go for a haymaker right out the gate....put preesure on warriors defense ..

5. Andre0087

Andre0087 Member

We better get the W, I'm coming in from out of town, took the day off work, lets do the damn thang!!!

6. Reeko

Reeko Member

holy sh*t at this picture in the article

[​IMG]

I won’t be in the lower bowl for game 1, but I’ll definitely be there on time...I’ve been waiting for this series all season

7. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

That was a 7:02 tipoff. This will be an hour later. There is NO EXCUSE for the fans to not be in their seats in time for the game. Especially given that this is the Western Conference Finals against the Golden State Warriors and is for all intents and purposes to determine who wins the championship this season(no offense to the Celtics.....some offense to the Cavs).

8. HookemHorns1250

The last line is what has stuck the most to me. If the Rockets would have just stumbled into the playoffs with out any real shot of advancing, then I could understand attendance to not be at its max. But, as you said, this team busted it all year to make sure they got the number one seed, and they deserve to have fans that will reward it.

adw and Tfor3 like this.
  9. The_Yoyo

The_Yoyo Contributing Member

@Clutch Have the Rockets personally reached out to the owners of the tickets and stressed the importance of being there for these upcoming games? I am hoping/assuming that they have (and not just a standard audio recording but an actual live person), but if they have not I would recommend that they are contacted and told. Even if the tickets are given to employees/friends etc hopefully with a live person and the emphasis placed on getting there early will be passed on.

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

yeah, there is absolutely no excuse to not be on time

I hope the place is packed at tip and rocking from the jump...unfortunately, if TC isn’t even 60% full at tip for game 1 of this series I won’t even be surprised...I’m expecting the fans to show out tho, this is the moment we’ve been waiting for

Tfor3, joeson332 and BigMaloe like this.
  11. mollamar

mollamar Contributing Member

@Clutch

Thanks for the article. One aspect I think is often overlooked is that the concession registers are often manned by volunteer organizations with only the pit bosses being full time regular staff. This leads to a huge bottleneck at the start of games when demand is highest for concessions and experience is lowest (i.e., volunteers have not had time to figure out the registers and menu). It may have changed for playoffs, but routinely it takes from 5 minutes before tip to mid first quarter to get through the bbq line or through the bars.

Other ideas:
    Recently, they have moved to a snake line instead of individual register lines which queuing theory says makes it faster. In the future they should do what Chick fill a and other restaurants do who have long lines which is to separate ordering from payment from collecting the food. They could also go to roving order takers with ipads, or even let you order online before the game and then just go pick up your food. These ideas would shorten the time associated with concessions and keep more fans in their seats longer.

12. bushies

bushies Member

Why do you not have a job with the Rockets? These ideas are all industry best practices or otherwise innovative. Fertitta has brought new ideas to the fore, hopefully he's willing to incorporate the common sense things you suggest.

One would think he'd care about the national image and lack of competitive advantage in not filling the lower bowls, but it's probably a lower priority than grabbing as much cash as he can from corporations that can afford his asking price.

eric.81 and Tfor3 like this.
  13. joeson332

joeson332 Member

14. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

Problem is Jazz and TWolves. It shouldn't be a problem with ring guys and america's #1 team. If we don't fill the lower bowl by 8 today, we may need Chronicle to write Clutch City part 2.

15. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

The only way this problem ever gets fixed is stadium modification.

The seats will need to be rearranged to where the suites are turned into a club level and portions of the lower level are turned into suites.

hakeem94 likes this.
  16. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

GO ROCKETS FANS

As Clutch said, Let's help take advantage of what the players did to get HCA. Good clean message by Clutch.

FWIW: when I first saw that posted that on twitter, I noticed a lot of ppl are camouflaged in red, since they are wearing the red shirts. So, I zoomed in and counted. Actually, it was a version of this photo that showed all the seats to the top row of that area.

Basically, we are only 75% full in that photo. I don't remember my count exactly: it was like 300 out of 400 in attendance in the middle section.

100 ppl missing is pretty bad. But the photo looks like 300 are missing, due to camouflage.

17. joeson332

joeson332 Member

I almost get the feeling like fans KNEW we were going to be here. I know TC fans get loud at the right moments, this is the moment.
    Great insight though Clutch, do you think by chance Tad and Tilman start reaching out to those companies? Those tickets are bought for and Im assuming at face value, why not just cancel the seats and sell them to the public. Im assuming wiith those outrageous fees and taxes the Rockets can earn even more. A devoted fan gets their ticket and the Rockets earn their money, win win.

Reeko likes this.
  18. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I’m hoping this was just a feeling out season for the Tilman. Hopefully next season we some some significant change.

Houstunna, J Sizzle and Tfor3 like this.
  19. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member

Good read @Clutch

I hope they show up early in their seats and GET LOUD!

joeson332 likes this.
  20. Baqui99

Baqui99 Contributing Member

Easy solution - $2 beers