1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

USA Today: suns plan to offer max to capela

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by justtxyank, May 10, 2018.

1. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

caneks, s3ts and Vivi like this.
  2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Duly noted. So it begins.

3. cheke64

cheke64 Member

It was nice while it lasted.

4. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

It has started. Warriors fans putting out fake rumors to get in Capela's and Rockets heads

DO NOT FALL FOR THIS TRICK

caneks, DonKnock, Why not? and 25 others like this.
  5. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

Does it really matter? I'm not a capologist but I'm pretty sure we'll be over the cap if its a max contract or just a good decent contract. Just means more luxury tax for tilman, not my money.

Morey will match, this is a unique 3 year window. You work for a very long time to get your team in this position as morey, he won't let capela walk.

6. 1Deep

1Deep Member

Good thing we still got DJ's # on speed dial.

7. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

They should. Capela is a max player and will be a top 5 Center for years to come as long as the NBA continues to be a pace and space game.

Oh yeah, he's also 23 years old, has great footwork and a soft touch so he could get even better.

8. Daddy Long Legs

Daddy Long Legs H- Town Harden

and we should match!

9. vince

vince Member

Is Capela a franchise center? That question will be answered during his next contract. At this point it’s all speculation.

I’ve seen him improve by leaps and bounds. He’s a motivated and hungry player. All signs point to him continuing to improve. Unlike guys like Kelvin Cato, Capela has been steady in his improvement.

Frankly any time you hand out max level contracts, there is a huge risk of it not planning out. Look at Ryan Anderson, his regression is shocking...

I trust Morey knows the intricacies of his team, and he will offer the right contract for the Rockets perspective. Either way congrats to Capela for getting to the near max contract level talk.

10. J.R.

J.R. Member

Kelly Iko ... meh.

GageD, D-rock and BigMaloe like this.
  11. Reeko

Reeko Member

Capela is probably worth the max for what he does for our team playing next to Harden and CP3. His impact on the court is tremendous. He has stepped up his game in the playoffs and outplayed KAT and Gobert. He will only continue to get better.

farr3l, Blurr#7, RocketsFan0 and 6 others like this.
  12. topfive

topfive CF OG

And it just so happens that Golden State has someone on their team with strong contacts on the Suns and in Phoenix media:

[​IMG]

13. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

Kerr's allies planting stories to lessen Capela's intensity and drive for this round. Steve is a dirty rat.

HakeemOnlyFan, Sajan, Rox11 and 3 others like this.
  14. luckyman76

luckyman76 Member

This is different than Portions. We were under the cap trying to create a max slot for Melo and then Bosh by trading away Lin and Asik. We needed to do that before signing Portions because he had the Capela RFA tender. We lost out on Bosh and Portions signing with Dallas immediately moved his cap hit up to the cap. At that point we had to sign or renounce him. We ended up turning all of the trades into an Ariza SNT that allowed us to operate above the cap and do the MLE to Papanikalou. This time, we are operating above the cap so we will match any offer for Capela because we cannot replace him that way and we lose nothing. With Portions we would have lost the ability to use the cap space. We only would have signed him if we got Bosh. The problem I have is we knew that was a possibility and did not trade Portions when we had the chance. The consolation prize is we dodged 3 bullets there with Melo, Bosh, and Portions.

seeingred, nemac, Koperboy and 2 others like this.
  15. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

'he deserves it (Although maybe not the Max ) But desperate teams will pay it..
    So welcome to Houston (Deandre Jordan) (Another Gerald Green) From Houston (Truly represents HTOWN) the guy was booed at Clippers game for supporting the Astros when they won the World series) Doesnt get more HTOWN Then that..

Jontro and Hakeemtheking like this.
  16. pgabriel

pgabriel Educated Negro

His defense alone is worth the max. Man what a meteoric rise the last two seasons.

Batman Jones and ReignSupreme like this.
  17. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

We better!

The only way we don't match is if in FA Lebron says he is 100% coming to Houston. Then you are going to have to ask the question if gutting the team for Lebron makes sense. I guess most FA moves for all teams will kind of depend on what Lebron will do.

Rudyc281 likes this.
  18. HOUSTON2017

HOUSTON2017 Member

there not matching a max offer (Cmon guys).. Hes great but a Max offer - no way they will match.
    they would probably sign Deandre Jordan on a cheaper deal (especially if Lebron or Paul George or any other Max Player commits.. Dont get me wrong i love Capela alot (But not for the Max)

mike2k132 likes this.
  19. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

Capela just outplayed Towns and Gobear. Of course he deserves a max contract!

20. Vivi

Vivi Member

To me they shoudln't, i'm the n.1 Capela fan but his offense and defense on the Suns would drop big time playing with those scrubs. With that said though, i wouldn't be shocked to see this happening, the Suns are still a dumb organization so...

Btw, McDonough (their GM) said a couple of months ago that they would give priority to a center in the draft
    of course they might have change thier idea watching Capela in the playoffs but still...

#20 Vivi, May 10, 2018
    Last edited: May 10, 2018
    D-rock likes this.