1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[ClutchFans] Podcast: CP3 finishes off Jazz, Rockets-Warriors on deck

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, May 9, 2018.

1. heypartner

heypartner Contributing Member

Whoa, MK Bower is not a Rockets fan. What does that even mean?

[​IMG]

2. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

[​IMG]

3. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

MK is a sports journalist.

saleem likes this.
  4. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

Nice talk clutch

5. Nivos

Nivos Member

Thanks Clutch really love your podcasts and waiting for them anxiously.
    If I may, a small constructive critic, the backnoise is really disturbing.
    I really tried to concentrate but could not hold the conversation, which I'm sure was great.

6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

A great one too.

Matt78777, Deckard and Deuce like this.
  7. DarkHorse

DarkHorse Contributing Member

Love it. Really like MK's measured analysis.

napalm06 and saleem like this.
  8. da_juice

da_juice Member

Podcast made my commute bearable; thanks. I'm getting a little worried about Gordon. We need him to play well next round.

9. heypartner

Oh, that's right. Sports journalists can't be Rockets fans, if they want to advance in their career.

I guess he's not a Rice Owls fan, either.

10. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

the guest kept repeating that KD is undeniably the best offensive player in the league. false. if you want to say best scorer, perhaps. but KD is nowhere near the playmaker or passer that harden is. and produces (nor ever could produce) nowhere near the total points that harden does.

11. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

KD Scoring changes the Warriors totally
    Seems more disruptive than Curry Scoring
    not much but it does

Rocket River

12. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

and yet when they played UTA less than a month ago with everyone but curry they lost by 40 with KD scoring 13 and 1 assist :D

defensively with the length KD is a significant difference maker to that 73-win team, but i think if it had been harden who joined them instead then their offense would be even better than what it is now. while KD can shoot over the defense, harden literally dissects and rips apart defenses with his drives and passes in traffic for point blank shots. and their shooters would feast off his kickouts. let's not forget that before joining the 73win team that gets all the calls, KD was on the other side bricking those midrange shots with contact and refs looking the other way en route to letting the 3-1 lead slip away. now that he plays for the league's cash cow and defenders aren't allowed to breathe on him, the beta is suddenly championed as offense king. nope.

13. JMAD21

JMAD21 Member

MK’s insistence that KD is by far the best offensive player in the game is not only wrong, but it’s lazy.

14. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

15. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Harden and Gordon are the biggest concerns. We are at our best, when they and Chris have strong games together. Eric accepts his role off the bench. so that is not an issue.

16. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

Thanks for getting this podcast out so quickly after the game, @Clutch and MK, even if I just now got to listen to it. Excellent job! Particularly liked the takes on CP3 and PJ. They deserved every bit of the praise you both sent their way.

As I've said elsewhere here, I think Chris's performance was one of the finest in the Rockets long playoff history and I loved your description of his impact on the game. Paul and Tuck stepped up and insured a hugely important victory. I hate to think of what we would have had to hear from the media or read here had we lost that game.

Far worse would have been having to continue to play while Golden State rested. Now we'll meet them on an equal basis in that department. I'm convinced that we'll surprise MK and take the series in 6 or 7 games. All I've wanted is a healthy team facing GS. It looks like (fingers crossed!) we'll have that.

Game one is so big. We need a strong start. The Rockets win and I think we take the series. If we don't, I just don't know if we can pull it off. It would be such a blow. This isn't Utah. We need to take full advantage of home court, but I have a feeling that to win the series the Rocks will have to win one in Oakland. James has to rise to the challenge.

Agree with both of you that a high volume of threes at an average percentage simply isn't going to cut it. We desperately need the guys capable of hitting treys at a high rate to do it. This series is what we've all been waiting for. It's finally here and I'm pumped!

Deuce, da_juice and Hakeemtheking like this.
  17. deb4rockets

deb4rockets Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I can't watch the games right now from Ireland but wonder if Clint only taking 2 shots is that when Chris runs the show he isn't capable or simply doesn't feed the alley opps to Clint like James does. Maybe Chris running the show hurts us in that aspect, where James and Clint might seem to have double offensive threat, and when James isn't at his best Clint

18. heypartner

Thx for all your hard work spreading the Rockets colors around Ireland.

You can watch replays here:

https://www.nbafullhd.com/

There are competing sites, too -- just google for "NBA Replay". I like nbafullhd best, because along with vids/quarter option, it has a nice quality HD version for the whole game.

19. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

:eek: