1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets or Warriors? Make your pick.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by topfive, May 9, 2018.

?

Who will win the WCF?

Poll closed May 13, 2018.
  1. Rockets in 7

46.1%
  2. Rockets in 6

22.4%
  3. Rockets in 5

7.2%
  4. Rockets in 4

3.1%
  5. Rockets in 3 (Hey, I'm optimistic!)

6.2%
  6. Warriors in 4

0.9%
  7. Warriors in 5

3.4%
  8. Warriors in 6

8.1%
  9. Warriors in 7

2.5%
  1. Mazulis

Mazulis Member

Still no change, we Must close series before game 6 begins. So Rockets in FAT 5.

hakeem94 likes this.
  2. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

will Ryno see any playing time at all?

3. Rockets4Life13

I think so. Nene does seem old most of the time right now. Defense goes down the drain when Nene checks in for clint. I think we will see Ryan at C.

4. YOLO

YOLO Member

this playoffs has been full of surprises. rockets in 6. this is houstons year!

5. TheRealAllpro

TheRealAllpro Morey only fan

Man I'm shocked by the level of optimism.

If this was a normal finals caliber team I would feel that way. Are we forgetting their 4th best player scored 60 points in a game before?

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. YOLO

YOLO Member

considering you said the rockets dont really have a chance from the beginning of the season this is no surprise. youll just have to be proved wrong

7. mikol13

mikol13 Protector of the Realm
    Supporting Member

Without question there is real concern here...

But who are we as fans if we don’t believe in our team?

BigO, TheRealAllpro and Sajan like this.
  8. Sajan

Sajan Member

I think it will be a back and forth series with most games being close and 1-2 games being blow out.

Rockets - Warriors
    1-0
    1-1
    1-2
    2-2
    3-2
    3-3
    4-3

Now if the rockets don't show up, this will be over quick. 4-1.

NL Rocket likes this.
  9. Jayzers_100

Jayzers_100 Member

Corey Brewer scored 51

Sajan likes this.
  10. clos4life

clos4life Member

The rockets in four. They were saving their best stuff for the Warriors.

hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  11. TheRealAllpro

Fair enough, I don't hate it. I just don't see it.

12. TheRealAllpro

What is our advantage over the Warriors?

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

that we have the mvp and hall of fame pg next to him. and a defense thats obviously still overlooked led by CC. extremely versatile with different lineups. this team was built for this moment and houston matches up very well with them. Ill take the team full of guys who are extremely hungry to beat this "superteam"

anyone can pick the warriors to win. people who have never watched a single game of basketball will. thats always the easy cop out choice.

14. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

Rockets in 5.

Win first 2
    Lose 1 at GSW.
    Win next 2

Red nation

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. steveng125

steveng125 Member

Rockets4Life13 and hakeem94 like this.
  16. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Great points. I mentioned before that as 'radical' as it sounds, I feel it's entirely plausible for this to actually be a short series in the Rockets favor. It's a different series now from the Wolves and Jazz. One can't translate how either team (Rockets or Worriers) have played in their respective rounds up to this point.

The Rockets defensive versatility and scheme and rebounding are what sways in the Rockets favor for this series personally. KD I feel will get his midrange game going regardless....but I'm actually ok with that. With our Hall of fame backcourt along with Capela, I can see that being a problem for the Worriers. Harden for one should be able to get to the rim at will and either finish closer to his usual rate or get some calls this time.

We've still got EGO, GG, RYNO (yes Ryno is important), Ariza, Tucker and Luc to hit those 3's like a machine....and I believe that will come alive a bit in the WCF. A contributing factor to the Rockets' horrible shooting against the Jazz was in fact the Jazz defense. They have some disciplined high energy personnel that really do a good job of taking away the Rockets' perimeter shots. I'm a bit relieved (not because I didn't believe Rockets would win against the Jazz) that the Jazz series is done. That just felt like a grind as a fan watching every game. it felt like every point was earned big time. Shots at the rim just felt so hard to come by because of Gobert.

No Gobert = no problem getting to and finishing at the rim. I'll take Draymond/KD protecting the rim over Gobert. Gobert is just a really bad matchup for the Rockets at the rim. I'm glad that's over with and I'm sure the Rockets are too. They had to really dig deep and let the midrange game win it for them. Good for them.

Luc, Tucker and Ariza I think are going to have a BIG series as 3 and D guys........

17. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Look let's be reasonable here. If Rockets play to their "normal capabilities", we've seen them beat the Worriers at full strength. When you look past the "glitz and glamour" of the Worriers, it's really 3 elite shooters (one dynamic playmaker in KD) and Draymond that you really makes that team potent.

Rockets going to make them Worry. They do need to take both games at home to protect HCA though.....that's paramount and critical to take control early on. At Oracle, I love the fact the Rockets have a great chance to take one there. By then they will be loose and dialed in much like the Utah games on the road.

Let's discuss what are some of the counter options for GSW for the game plan we're saying the Rockets can embrace. How can GSW deal with the "Curry" situation whenever we switch on offense and force him to play defense?

hakeem94 and D-rock like this.
  18. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

My thoughts exactly.

19. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

I hear ya, but I gotta say....Rockets should win this series. I think they should/could do it in 5. Not overconfidence.....I just believe this team when all (or most) are clicking....they can/will take out the Worriers.

Capela theoretically should be a problem for GSW. Not sure what countermeasures they will take to diminish Capela. Capela did quite well against Towns and Gobert.....so there's always that as a sample size right?

Harden and CP3....just gonna take turns destroying them at the rim, midrange and ISO 3s....this time they should go in at a better rate than against Jazz or even the Wolves.

Rockets have a plethora of shooters.....just need 3 of the bunch to hit their shots every game (doesn't matter which 3). I don't think that's being unreasonable.

Can't let the likes of Kavon Looney, Quinn Cook, or freaking Nick Young go hot and unchecked. No more scrubs going off......that's maxed out from the Wolves and Jazz series.

D-rock likes this.
  20. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

So much depends on what Rockets team shows up. If the slow, trudging your feet up the court, yawning until the second half team shows up, the Warriors will drub us in 5. If they play like they played in the Warrior games during the season then we can win this thing.

Sajan likes this.