1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[EC Semifinals] (1)Toronto vs. (4)Cleveland

Discussion in 'NBA Dish' started by J.R., Apr 29, 2018.

?

(1)Toronto vs. (4)Cleveland

Poll closed May 2, 2018.
  1. Raptors in 4

1.3%
  2. Raptors in 5

10.0%
  3. Raptors in 6

35.0%
  4. Raptors in 7

17.5%
  5. Cavs in 7

12.5%
  6. Cavs in 6

21.3%
  7. Cavs in 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  8. Cavs in 4

2.5%
  1. Jontro

Jontro Member

don't mean to boast, but my hard statistical research leading up to this series finally paid off.

2. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

WB for DD

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. Commodore

Commodore Contributing Member

4. cheke64

cheke64 Member

Do you have any charts to back this claim?

ParaSolid likes this.
  5. Jontro

Jontro Member

i do

[​IMG]

it's simple math really. in my analysis, i noticed the chart goes up and down. hence cavs win in 4.

6. ico4498

ico4498 Member
    Supporting Member

i swear watching Cavs/Raptors is like watching the nth sequel of a bad movie ...

hakeem94 likes this.
  7. mig0s

mig0s Member

Thinking about who we can get from the Raptors this offseason... I think Valencuinas might be their most valuable player now. He always shows up in the playoffs and doesnt choke like Derozan or Lowry. Even at that Capela is a better fit next to Harden and CP3 lol.

roslolian and hakeem94 like this.
  8. Caesar

Caesar Member

The Cavs shot 60% man. That's ridiculous. Toronto is f'n pathetic. They have everyone locked into contracts. Do like Cleveland did this deadline and just get rid of everyone. I thought getting a new coach and only trading one of Lowry or Derozan would do, but you need to cleanse yourself of this disgusting mental weakness that has poisoned their entire roster and start over in 1 summer. Send Lowry out. Send Derozan out. No one is taking Ibaka(can't believe he was traded for Dipo-so many pathetically run organizations in the East).

Maybe just keep the Jonas/Ibaka front line and get tons of young budding star talent for Derozan and Lowry or trade them both for 1 legit superstar.

Get a new coach. If Masai is such a good GM, he can get it done, right?

9. Caesar

Caesar Member

Only way i would keep this team together is if i can get a really hard, disciplinary, defensive minded coach like JVG for example.

10. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

https://forums.raptorsrepublic.com/...hat-s-next&s=1b671c073c1ca92dc368d48a7b5373a0

Look at this garbage i found!! LOL

"I'm optimistic. Most of the role players are so young, and hopefully a good number of them will be even better next year.

I don't know what the ultimate fate for Casey will be, and Masai might get an amazing offer for DeRozan. But no matter what we'll have a bunch of really good building blocks for the future. Maybe a superstar will develop for one of them, or maybe the Raptors will have enough to throw at someone in a year or so for a Houston-Harden trade."

11. BigO

BigO Member

The only team to get swept this post season (so far) is Raptors ;o

12. RocketsRed14

RocketsRed14 Member

Forgot the blazers.

amaru, hakeem94 and BigO like this.
  13. BigO

BigO Member

Yup lol.

14. BigO

BigO Member

[​IMG]

Meanwhile he even played JV of the bench, Casey has been blaming JV for everything and anything ever since he started coaching him, any mistake= go to the bench, any mistake he might make due matchup? Don't move from the bench, don't start 4th quarters at all and etc. Meanwhile DeRozan has been as much if not more of villain when it comes to defense, yet he would never be held accountable. He would never run plays for JV because he was not worth it, there were obviously matchups that JV wasint good and he would not feature much and there were matchups where he would be beast and he would get same touches, that's just bad coaching.

Caesar likes this.
  15. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

i say keep am all and the coach for another run...they were good all year and lost to lebron due to a run of unlucky circumstances

16. Carl Herrera

Carl Herrera Contributing Member

17. Game7

Game7 Member

I went cavs in 7. Knowing cavs would win...hoping the raptors could show up. You can't always get what you want.

18. John Harvey

John Harvey Member

I'm impressed with the Cavs. They looked like they were dead meat against the Pacers.

19. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Yeah, they get blown out by Indy on a regular basis and come back winning it by 2-3 pt margins......

The playoffs truly are amazing.

20. roslolian

roslolian Member

It was Raptors choking as much as Cleveland winning which is why Raptors got swept whereas with the Pacers series both teams were going all out.

It is all mental on that Toronto team they see Lebron and they fold, De Rozan in particular gets the shivers and starts playing like a scrub maybe he really idolizes Lebron lol.

That's why I think Lebron really needs to go to Toronto, if he wins a championship and bring the Raps their first ring it would really help cement his legacy as the GOAT since he went to a weaker team and gave them a ring lol.

daywalker02 likes this.