1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Clint Capela Should Guard Kevin Durant

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by rockets1995, May 7, 2018.

1. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

During the Pelicans Series, their lineup is small, but Only Kevin Durant length in shooting is causing the Pelicans problems. The Huge Mistake Alvin Gentry has made is putting Jrue Holiday on Durant or Solomon Hill. Anthony Davis should've guard Kevin Durant.
    Clint Capela on Kevin Durant is going to be huge for the Rockets. Trevor Ariza Chases Klay Thompson on picks, Chris Paul - Stephen Curry, James Harden Iso play against - Draymond Green I don't think can move laterally quick enough, James Harden Iso against Stephen Curry, Harden strength and quickness against Curry will be huge.

don grahamleone likes this.
  2. fallenphoenix

fallenphoenix Contributing Member

Nawwww. Clint isn't laterally quick enough. Also you'd be giving up our rim protection

Ariza and moute

joshuaao, Game7, Chanmarr and 12 others like this.
  3. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Stephen Curry, Klay Thompson, Andre Iguodala, Draymond Green, Kevin Durant
    Kevin Durant is a stretch Center the Rockets really need to use Clint Capela against Kevin Durant.

4. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Clint I believe is quicker than Durant, Capela sure did defend Donovan Mitchell and blocked his shots

5. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Why would you say that when he have the Durant stopper wrapped in cotton wool all season just to focus on guarding Durant in the WCF

[​IMG]

6. htownrox1

htownrox1 Member

I love Clint and he’s an incredible defender but he couldn’t hold Durant. Durant would get him in foul trouble. He’d get Capela on the pump fakes and up fakes.

BigShasta and jb86 like this.
  7. iNoseBleedRed

iNoseBleedRed Member

I think we should just bring back Kyle Wiltjer. His shooting will open up the lane for us and that will cause Kevin Durant mental weakness, leading to his benching in the 1st quarter and his eventual retirement.

photojoe, Tomstro and ramotadab like this.
  8. thirdengine

thirdengine Member

It doesn't matter who starts guarding who. We switch everything and we have a bunch of guys that can handle 1-5.

ribbit, topfive, SAT Prep and 6 others like this.
  9. D-rock

D-rock Member

Rockets play a switch defense so we will see Clint on KD sometimes. It doesn't matter, Rockets and Bigglydick got this on lock.

Regular season matters.

10. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Something tells me that the Rockets might try SWITCHING. EVERYTHING.

YaoMing#1, OTMax, BigShasta and 6 others like this.
  11. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

Everyone on the Rockets plays defense on everyone.

ROCKETS STILL PLAYING THE JAZZ THOUGH!

hakeem94, saleem, pgabriel and 4 others like this.
  12. Nick

Nick Contributing Member

They're probably going to try and switch the Rockets enough to get Tucker on KD... and KD will just try and shoot over him.

The Rockets need to double KD with whoever is on Green.... and let Green shoot open 3's. If he makes them, the Warriors typically win those games. If he misses, the Rockets have a shot.

Dankstronaut likes this.
  13. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

There is more nuance and variation to this, but yes, most teams (including the Rockets) would rather give up a Green or Iggy 3 than other shots the Warriors can get. Ideally, every shot is contested.

And I 3rd or 4th the sentiment that almost everyone guards almost everyone.

14. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Easy. U live what that. During the whole 7. Some days he gonna be on some days he wont

15. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Please stop that's dumb

16. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

The best strategy is to let KD shoot as much as he wants. If KD gets 39+ the Warriors usually lose because everyone else isn't getting involved.

hakeem94 likes this.
  17. mike2k132

mike2k132 Member

Like my chances with tucker. He is smart. Kd gonna kd. But there could be far worst guarding him

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  18. marky :)

marky :) Member

Did I miss something but did we already advance past the Jazz??

saleem and daywalker02 like this.
  19. YallMean

YallMean Member

Ariza, Tucker, Luc, CC ... We have a company of good to great defensive guys that can drape over him. Tire him out. Probably not one player on this entire planet can guard him one on one for the entire game.

#19 YallMean, May 7, 2018
    Last edited: May 7, 2018
    Plowman likes this.
  20. Furious Jam

Furious Jam Contributing Member

The Rockets' entire defensive strategy is predicated on switching, so no one player will be guarding any other one player for an extended period of time. That being said, I would like to see a tight rotation of Paul, Harden, Gordon, Ariza, Mbah a Moute, Tucker, and Capela out there. I feel like Gerald Green and/or Ryan Anderson would get burned to a crisp.

don grahamleone and Caesar like this.