1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

White Girl/Chinese Dress Scandal

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by DarkHorse, May 4, 2018.

1. wizkid83

wizkid83 Contributing Member

Chinese American here, don't care. Is there really an out cry, or is it just a couple of vocal trolls?

Also, given China is 90%+ Han and that qipao is actually a Manchurian clothing that got "appropriated" from the Manchurians who ruled China, if it was Chinese Americans that are the ones outraged by this, I hope they have some Manchurian in them to avoid being a hypocrite.

malakas, MoonBus, B-Bob and 1 other person like this.
  2. VanityHalfBlack

Is she legal? I mean, oh never mind. How them rockets doing?

AroundTheWorld likes this.
  3. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

vlaurelio and Ubiquitin like this.
  4. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Her dress is better looking than our current uniforms

malakas and VanityHalfBlack like this.
  5. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

That dress > our uniforms > jazz uniforms

6. jbasket

jbasket Member

So folks from Asia are happy about it, but some people in America are outraged? Sounds about right.

Sajan, malakas, tinman and 4 others like this.
  7. Os Trigonum

Os Trigonum Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

this is why the Hangout is so much better than the D&D. just a bunch of folks you wouldn't mind having a pizza and beer with. oh wait . . . sure hope all of you are Italian and Mesopotamian

B-Bob likes this.
  8. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I can say I am ok with anyone wearing it, although I think there are better dresses than the Red One. It should be a cultural export and those guys will get used to it.

I see some Western beauty blending in right, they sure have those long legs to accentuate it.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Yung-T likes this.
  9. Caesar

Caesar Member

Who cares. Every Halloween, one of the most popular costumes is a stereotypical Mexican with a colorful poncho, a sombrero and a fake mustache.

This woman wears this to the prom which is important to girls and she wears it with class. Relax Asian 'Mericans. I'm sure not even Chinese from China would give a damn.

10. Caesar

Caesar Member

Just watched the video. She's actually really hot in the video outside of the dress and in normal clothing. Sexy BJ eyes. Good. Good. Look forward to letting her 1 minute of fame turn her life upside down and lead to her starring in p*rn to keep relevant. We'll see how many Asians have a problem watching her get bukkakied in her red dress.

11. durvasa

durvasa Contributing Member

I saw an article yesterday that people in China, in fact, don't give a damn. But then, I think this misses the mark of why some people care about this.

This whole "cultural appropriation" issue only comes up when you have people from different cultures living side by side with each other. What people on the other side of the world are doing matters a whole lot less.

12. Caesar

Caesar Member

Even Native Americans can't get a major sports team to change their name from Redskins. A dress is not a big deal when you look at that. Black face? I get it. Buck tooth, rice hat with goofy accent? Of course. Dressing up as a stereotypical Native American or Mexican? Fun! Making fun of Indian accents and calling them Apu? Hilarious.

With all that said, in the video, it goes into detail about the actual photo of her and her friends posing in a sexy prayer/bow and that's what the big deal really was about. To wear it + mock it.

You're right though. Asian Americans cared more about this than actual Chinese and this happened IN China
    [​IMG]

malakas likes this.
  13. wizkid83

Seriously though, I've yet to see original "viral" outrage (trying to find out if they were likey Han or manchurian to see how stupid it is).

Most of what I found is the outrage about the outrage. I think their are a lot snowflakes these days that are over sensitive about other snow flake. Like "one" person will make one comment and bunch of over sensitive snow flakes go online and complain people are being over sensitive (and not seeing the irony).

MoonBus likes this.
  14. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

15. Thefabman

Thefabman Member

People gotta be mad about something.

16. wizkid83

We have gotten over sensitive about the over sensitive

17. Dairy Ashford

Dairy Ashford Member

There was some companion photo with her friends where the females were all doing prayer hands that are also associated with Asians bowing, and the guys were all doing gang signs. That additional imagery probably compelled the original trigeree to complain. I don't agree with the complaining at all but I guess I can see forensically where it came from in the current climate. I think there are a lot of minorities right now who only identify with the historical protests of their forebears, and are either trying to continue the tradition or alleviate their own personal insecurities, but are either a little too lazy to do any sociological or historical research on real topics and just respond to stuff in their immediate vicinity, or just grew up in fully integrated and socioeconomically stable environments and are trying to identify oppression without any real experience or exposure to it.

Bandwagoner likes this.
  18. Os Trigonum

Supporting Member

19. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Nothing wrong.

She rocked it nicely.

Well done.

People should be offended with Chinese takeouts instead.

20. RedRedemption

RedRedemption Contributing Member

She looks like Riley Reid lmfao.

BleedsRocketRed, Caesar and tinman like this.