1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Just curious, what happened here?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by ThatboyPhuong, May 5, 2018.

1. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

Did Harden punch CP3 on the wrist?
    If yes, that's unacceptable. Glad to see them and EG looking content on the podium after the game though.

Oops my mistake, James just gently slapped CP3's wrist, after he gave him the friendly fist. Harden's gotta keep on growing up, and accept his mistakes.
    It was all fine at the end. MDA is a bit like Mchale, a player's coach. He needs to instill some more discipline.

#41 saleem, May 5, 2018
    Last edited: May 5, 2018
  2. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

@vlaurelio :eek:

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

4. Shaq2Yao

Shaq2Yao Member

Ariza shaking his head at Paul! LOL:rolleyes:

hakeem94 likes this.
  5. ApacheWarrior

ApacheWarrior Member

In house stuff. Harden likes blueberry pancakes from IHOP while CP3 likes just plain buttermilk pancakes from Original Pancake House. You can clearly see Harden talking about how they mix the batter and how quick they can get to IHOP. Both got mad and took it out on Utah. After the game they both went to IHOP and OPH.

PANCAKES!!

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. mockster

mockster Member

Hopefully there in good terms but I hate when harden gets Whiney and does stuff like that to his teammates. He did this to Dwight a few times.

Tensions get high though so it happens, just felt like slapping his fist bump is odd and a tad disrectful

Little Bit, BallSoHarden and saleem like this.
  7. banzai

banzai Contributing Member

Being in communication. Nothin else. That’s what has Given them their success.

8. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I don't know but I see Rhyno wants to stay as far away from this altercation as possible

Pussying out lmao

ryano2009 and hakeem94 like this.
  9. Reeko

Reeko Member

Rockets don’t wear white at home, this is game 3

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

[​IMG]

11. rocketsfan611

rocketsfan611 Member

Not sure, but I'd be willing to bet that they have made amends privately. To me, this is a direct result of two players who want to win at all costs. They know they need each other to accomplish their goal and they are holding each other accountable. I like it. :)

ryano2009 likes this.
  12. Vivi

Vivi Member

Isn't this one of the reasons why we were all happy about getting CP3? As good as James is, having someone on the roster with the charisma and status to challenge him this way is nothing but great.

13. ClutchCityReturns

ClutchCityReturns Contributing Member

Impossible to tell exactly what they were saying, but it seems something along these lines...
    • CP3: "I said okay."
    • *CP3 offers fist bump*
    • *Harden rejects fist bump*
    • Harden: "[Inaudible]. He's right there in the corner just standing there, he's not leaving you, so I'm not coming to you, he's not even looking at me, I'm not looking at you."
    • CP3: "[Inaudible] 53, you're in the corner, it don't matter."
    • Harden: [Inaudible]
    • CP3: "Fvck!"
    • Harden: [Inaudible]
    My guess is that Harden saw how the defense was set up and chose to deviate from a set play ("53"?), and Paul is telling him he should have been more disciplined and run the play as intended. Nothing particularly noteworthy, in my opinion, but fun to get a rare uncensored glimpse inside the huddle.

14. theimpossibles1

As for the video, if this was game 1 of regular season media outlets would be freaking out "it's not gonna work!" As it is in a road game rout this is beautiful. This kind of intensity in a blowout. Wow. Hope they sort it out between games tho.

15. joeson332

joeson332 Member

Wait I really hope yall are not taking this serious. For years one of the many negatives most had on Harden is that he wasn't vocal with his teammates, now that he is we're freaking out? This is what this team needs. I love it lets go!!!!!

UTSA2step and hakeem94 like this.
  16. MadMax

MadMax Contributing Member

“That’s the difference between you and me. You think we’re fighting and I think we’re finally talking!”— Rod Tidwell

#56 MadMax, May 5, 2018
    Last edited: May 6, 2018
    UTSA2step, hakeem94 and donkeypunch like this.
  17. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

I agree, and apparently that was the reason him and dwight didn't get along. There was never a fight, argument....they just had a cold way of having showing their disagreements.

joeson332, Drogba and hakeem94 like this.
  18. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

This kind of stuff probably happens a couple of times every game. High competition with the stakes being high. There will be confrontations. But there is always the underlying respect. CP3 has talked about that many times. That is why it is important to have the team be tight from the get go. All done in love.

hakeem94 likes this.
  19. Patience

Patience Contributing Member

Yeah he should be more like Westbrook, right?

20. theimpossibles1

I think we are all trying to delete that from our memory.