1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Rockets will face the Jazz in the second round

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 28, 2018.

?

Who will win the 2018 Western Conference Semifinals?

Poll closed Apr 29, 2018.
  1. Rockets in 4

12.7%
  2. Rockets in 5

53.1%
  3. Rockets in 6

28.5%
  4. Rockets in 7

4.8%
  5. Jazz in 4

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Jazz in 5

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  7. Jazz in 6

0.4%
  8. Jazz in 7

0.4%
  1. OTMax

OTMax Member

Thanks for proving my point and @YOLO guess you know better than MDA then.

2. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

are you saying HCA teams winning game 1 has a 50-50 chance of winning the series?

3. YOLO

YOLO Member

actually that seems to be you bc you've been doubting/questioning him all season long and look at them now. most of the threads you've started speak for itself

Daddy Long Legs likes this.
  4. OTMax

OTMax Member

There’s no seeming, you are saying it’s a cliche and Jazz don’t have it in them while MDA said he expects a much better team and spoke about this exact “cliche”.

5. YOLO

YOLO Member

every single coach says that. thats part of just being humble in this league. you expect these guys to say oh were just on another level. stop acting like you're saying anything new. what's next after rockets win game 2?

lets see. I expect utah to be much better at home.....

6. OTMax

OTMax Member

You could’ve said that instead of being a dick. Oops, you are still one. I never claimed to say anything new. Stop putting words in my mouth.

Little Bit likes this.
  7. YOLO

YOLO Member

when you respond by saying i know better than mda sarcastically, when you've consistently been the one who's doubted him from day 1. yeah makes total sense

8. OTMax

OTMax Member

Well you did and I was just stating what history has shown and coaches and players talk about all the time, which is that game 1 usually doesn't mean much. It's obvious I was responding to the mood on the board that we will crush the Jazz and I just wanted to remind people of this, nothing more, nothing less.

9. YOLO

YOLO Member

i disagree. game 1 is pretty important when you want to set the tone for a series. so it has plenty of meaning

10. OTMax

OTMax Member

Alright fair enough, now we are having a normal talk, finally. I actually agree with that, but I also feel that a blowout doesn't say anything about the rest of the series. It could be an outlier, given the lack of rest and emotions the Jazz had after winning that OKC series. See how our blowout vs. Spurs last year didn't say much. Or OKC giving the Jazz the business in game of the first round.

11. jordnnnn

jordnnnn Member

From what I can find in NBA 7 game series the home team winning game 1 goes on to win that series 80+% of the time.

And since 83-84 only 44.4% of home teams to lose game 1 have come back to win.

12. OTMax

OTMax Member

Yeah the end result is in our favour and I’m not saying I expect us to lose the series, but Rockets have to stay sharp since history tells us game 2 will be tougher given the circumstances.

13. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

Utah media getting an UP CLOSE look at Westbrook and Harden. LOL

J Sizzle likes this.
  14. OTMax

OTMax Member

So, I hate to say I told you so @YOLO ...

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

rockets had their chances. they came back and took the lead 2nd half. especially at the end of the game when they just missed open looks. ill take that any day

16. OTMax

OTMax Member

It’s about game 1 not saying much for how the series will go. Rockets struggling and losing at home was definitely a shocker given how game 1 went if you believe it meant a lot. Series has totally changed.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

not really. rockets were down 19 and came back to be up 5. like i said they had their chances to win this game. that was just a huge hole to climb in the end. series "totally" changing isn't something i see. just a bunch of overreaction

18. OTMax

OTMax Member

They stole home court, it completely changes the series and how you go into game 3. All the pressure is on the Rockets. If they were up 2-0, then there would crazy pressure on the Jazz. Game 3 is usually very telling.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

and the rockets will get it right back. so what. if youre trying to actually win a title, you need to be able to win on the road regardless. once again overreaction

your stance has always been a doubter from the beginning of the season. its no surprise what perspective you're taking right now

#179 YOLO, May 3, 2018
    Last edited: May 3, 2018
    arubato likes this.
  20. OTMax

OTMax Member

I’m just pointing out facts, you’re assuming and jumping to the conclusion constantly that I’m doubting the Rockets winning the series. Never have I implied or said this.