1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Mitchell avoids 5th foul as he forces Harden turnover in 4th quarter

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by hcw128, May 2, 2018.

1. hcw128

hcw128 Member

Thoughts?

2. hcw128

hcw128 Member

3. Drogba

Drogba Member

Lmfao, how is that not a blocking foul? Meanwhile Gordon picked up like 3 straight fouls at the beginning of the 4th on EG I think.

cbs1507, Blurr#7, Game7 and 1 other person like this.
  4. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

That was huge..

5. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

We're not a golden team. Fix will be in for us like every year before. Calls like these will try to push us to six games.

If we continue to shoot like ass, it will be like every year before

6. apollo33

apollo33 Member

I felt like they were whistle happy all night, but we got our fair shares of calls, so I can't really complain

7. rocketman84

rocketman84 Member

Tony brothers

slothy420, kevtse, DonKnock and 3 others like this.
  8. TheRealist137

TheRealist137 Member

Mitchell is a superstar, refs aren't going to take him out of the game.

9. arabrocket

arabrocket Member

i was at the game, i really don't like to rant about the refs but this was a lopsided game on the refs side. everytime we tried to make a come back ( like the ariza clean block on gobert, and the harden offensive foul on dante exum) the refs turned it around. they might not replay lots of mistake on tv but in the arena everything was replayed there were at aleast 10 bogus calls against the rockets.

slothy420, cbs1507, DonKnock and 8 others like this.
  10. riko

riko Member

Game was lost in the first half

11. WestendMassive

My thoughts are that this really pissed me off when it happened, and it's still pissing me off now.

Refs didn't hesitate in giving Harden his 5th off an Exum flop, but refused to call this blatant hack by Mitchell which caused a turnover, right when the Rockets were gaining momentum.

While the Rockets shouldn't have given the refs a chance to put their imprint on the game, there was some clear bias against the home team tonight. Not going to get any better going into Utah either.

slothy420, cbs1507, DonKnock and 5 others like this.
  12. RHU525

RHU525 Member
    Supporting Member

Officiating was a tale a two halves. I felt like the only reason we were in the game is because the officials helped us keep the game within reach in first half. The the second half totally flipped, but I can’t complain. We got a lot of calls also.

13. NateNate

NateNate Member

Both Mitchell and Exum are sticking thier knee out when Harden begins to beat them off the dribble. More so with Exum but coach should definitely point this out to the refs as something to look for. Sidenote: This is my #1 pet peeve in pickup ball..

hou$tonScrew$tonTX likes this.
  14. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Mitchell is a rookie so he will get the benefit of the doubt.

He doesn't know any better.

pippendagimp likes this.
  15. swyyyguy

swyyyguy Member

My thoughts are the refs didn't cause us to get down by 19 points in the 2nd quarter. We didn't deserve to win; plain and simple. Take responsibility.

DudeWah likes this.
  16. Zboy

Zboy Contributing Member

Just like McGrady should take responsibility for getting kicked out of the first round of playoffs in all 8 tries instead of throwing his own teammates under the bus.

Richie_Rich and Houstunna like this.
  17. OTMax

OTMax Member

Sorry, but this game was not about the refs. We got a lot of favourable calls, a lot and I'm in the Dish leading a crusade against the league for that Warriors Pelicans game so.

18. cerophilik

cerophilik Member

This will hopefully ignite the team. Is about time they haven’t played well in all series yet. Maybe they are waiting for the warriors. But anyway let’s get 2 straight wins in Utah that will be sweet.

Let’s look at it this way.
    Utah shot well 50% and they shot more 3s and made more threes than us. They defended ok. They had the refs on their side. They were up by 19 at one point. And this was almost a win even with us shooting like this and having no flow. harden and Cp3 weren’t shooting well. Capela was lost on defense.

Another factor is we were preparing a Utah team with Rubio. We weren’t ready for exam and burke. Imo, now that they won the game we can prepare for them. Would have been sweet if we won even playing that bad. But they would have lost one in Utah. Now they gotta be focus unless they want to come back to Houston down 3-1.

19. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

Us??? We???

Nick_713 and BigMaloe like this.
  20. Houstunna

Houstunna The Most Unbiased Fan
    Supporting Member

No Rubio, no excuse

Dominated Utah all season

Rockets need to play better. Two wins are possible in Utah.

hakeem94 likes this.