1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Timberwolves 4/23/2018 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 4)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 22, 2018.

1. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

the best thing about it whiners keep quiet tonight..

for the most part

Rocket River, Sajan, alethios and 2 others like this.
  2. HP3

HP3 Member

Yea good catch, thats what it was.

Drogba and saleem like this.
  3. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

This^

4. Drogba

Drogba Member

You guys do know they're coasting right? They know they're a much better team than the Wolves & aren't putting 100% effort into this series. They only turn it on for spurts. They've done it throughout the entire 2nd half of the season to be honest.

I think they need a much tougher test to unlock their true potential ahead of the WCF. A scrappy Utah team could be the challenge before a potential matchup with Golden State.

j@amc and Hakeemtheking like this.
  5. vlaurelio

Lol quote me then chicken little

Doubters and haters hate me i know

hakeem94 likes this.
  6. vlaurelio

Yep this would have been an essy sweep if not for that miracle in minny

7. GimmeDaRock

GimmeDaRock Contributing Member

You would never have survived the 94-95 second championship run.

8. SF3isBack!!

SF3isBack!! Member

You're assuming too much but such is the life of a **** poster on Clutchfans.

9. WestendMassive

Wtf is this **** from The Ringer aka The Hot Take hive mind

Then later:

Anyone else drops 50 in a quarter they'd get universal praise. Houston does it and they begrudgingly give respect.

Still waiting for someone at The Ringer to come up with an original thought. Bill Simmons has assembled a newsroom echo chamber full of sycophants who parrot his shitty hot takes.

Not linking because they don't deserve the clicks

#2369 WestendMassive, Apr 24, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
  10. OTMax

OTMax Member

I hope people don't think because of that amazing 3rd quarter that we somehow played an amazing game, everything is fine and it was just about making shots. No. Defensively we brought it, which was the major difference. Offensively we had a tough game aside from that 3rd quarter. Harden almost single-handedly killed us in the 1st quarter. I still don't think our switching defense is dangerous, think of our smaller guys on Gobert and even Favors and then Mitchell who can make tough shots.

This game had its great moments on offense for sure, finally Gordon had a nice rhythm, Ariza started off hot and then CP3 and Harden happened. That 3rd quarter was just insane. Harden was almost Vernon Maxwell like with that horrible 1st quarter, so-so 2nd quarter to that explosion in the 2nd half. We found a way to get Capela some shots on some drives by Ariza and Tucker even. That 3rd quarter we had a bounce in our step and the pace definitely picked up from pretty much the start of the game. Huge difference! Still need to work on our fast breaks. Also only 6 turnovers, very solid.

I do think we need to take advantage of their weaknesses more, I think Joe Johnson could be effective in the post against some of their guys so I'd like to see some time for him on the court. Harden could punish them too. Get Capela on the block, make KAT work. Then also get more off the ball Harden, since he can get rattled at times by physical play. To end on a positive note, our defense was just amazing for 3 quarters. Tucker was a monster again, Ariza too, CP3 and Harden both - even though the media says Harden doesn't contribute when he doesn't score when he has played great defense this series - and Capela got some blocks and rebounding was solid.

#2370 OTMax, Apr 24, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 24, 2018
    Little Bit and j@amc like this.
  11. arubato

arubato Member

We are mediocre at ball movement. If you think our elite ISO offense won't work against the Warriors then our mediocre ball movement will definitely get destroyed by the Warriors.

nomiz1987 and vlaurelio like this.
  12. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

Sorry, man, but dun give me this ish about coasting.

Sure, the stars of the team have that ability.

However, 90% of the roster are role players. They dun have the ability nor the mindset to coast. They would get no contract if they'd do.

They are inconsistent, that is why they are called role players.

Of course you would say Spurs role players were more consistent in the past seasons, alright, I tell you, they just peaked at the right moment, in the playoffs.

13. Lawlruschang

Lawlruschang Member

I was ;)

14. Lawlruschang

Lawlruschang Member

Lol

15. Lawlruschang

Lawlruschang Member

He was trying to get into rhythm.

And he does have a floater

16. vlaurelio

We did. We kept them close 1st and 2nd then blew them out by 30 in the 3rd

And how the f* do we get almost killed bin the 1st quarter if the score was a virtual tie?

You're trying too hard to make it sound like we won despite of hardens 34 not because of his 34

Patience likes this.
  17. vlaurelio

Harden can never do anything right with these haters

Lawlruschang likes this.
  18. DirtyDizzil

DirtyDizzil Member

Wolves arena were booing harden every time he touched the ball , was annoying

Lawlruschang likes this.
  19. vlaurelio

At least they were minny fans. So called rockets fans here are calling for his head everytime he misses and turns the ball over

Even if he carries this team with a 34 pt performance these haters will be like "but he almost cost us the game in the opening quarter". Wtf?

hakeem94 and Patience like this.
  20. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member