1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Rockets @ Timberwolves 4/23/2018 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 4)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 22, 2018.

1. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

We have to realize some folks just doesn't understand the complete game. They are only looking at the flashy stuff.

hakeem94 and SF3isBack!! like this.
  2. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

No they do not. He has the resume to back that title up.

Tfor3 likes this.
  3. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

I know but against that team you can not go ISO crazy. Ball movement needs to be our bread n butter during that series.

SF3isBack!! likes this.
  4. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

C'mon. It's exciting that we have such talented youngsters in the league but there is no way they are top 10 players right now. They shouldn't even be ahead of anyone in your 10-20. And no way KD is 4, I'm a big Rockets homer too, but Durant is the best player in the NBA.

Durant
    Lebron
    Kawhi if in full, healthy form
    Harden
    Curry
    AD
    Giannis
    CP3
    Kyrie
    Westbrook

5. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

yes they do, some brand John Wall a superstar.......

Paul was always the guy who would be better as the second man on a championship team than the best player. He has too many quiet games to be the number 1 option

6. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

We did during the our regular season wins right

When you say ball movement, aside from harden and cp3, who can you suddenly trust to make plays for others ala dray ai livingston?

Rifht now in the POs harden drives 30 times in a game. U willing to trade that for ball movement against gsw? Or he needs to continue/top that

7. vlaurelio

Lol harden #4?

You think lebrob kd kawhi are even willing to replace and not join harden??

8. HP3

HP3 Member

He wasnt doing anything different that he usually does, idk what you are talking about. Harden made the same shots he was missing in the first. Well there was one thing that was different(that I noticed).

And we played good defense all game, yet you guys dont want to credit them for that.

9. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Please go back and read my comment throughout the damn game. And dude I will always give credit to where it's do. They had a stretch in which their defense was horrendous. But in that 2nd half, they played outstanding defense up until the last 5 minutes of the game.

As far as his shots in the 1st half verse the 2nd. In the 1st he was doing to much ISO, dribbling out the clock and forcing a terrible contested jumper. In the 2nd he was not playing that way. Shots came within the flow of the game, he was not dribbling out the entire clock and the hoisting up a contested shot. Paul brought the ball up more. Big difference bud...

10. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

I know we are not bringing up the regular season. We beaten this team in the regular season before and then got lit up in the playoff's.

Do you know what ball movement even mean? I mean real talk. You don't need a **** load of playmakers to have great ball movement.

11. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Hell John Wall is a Superstar . LOL

12. vlaurelio

ball movement means other players not named harden and cp3 need to make passes and assists right?

13. Htownballer38

Htownballer38 Member

Never mind dude. Everybody that's follow this game, played it or coached it knows what is meant when someone says ball movement. I also said player movement as well. If you need to know what it means exactly, go look at a lot of the Warriors games.

14. HP3

HP3 Member

I dont read the game threads lol.... for a reason. Feel free to tell me what you said. Yea a stretch it happens, lol no one completely plays perfect defense like that for a whole game. Though i admit that was bad.

He does that ALL the time though. And most of the time he hits. So I went back and looked at the highlights, and he actually got it going in the second quarter and those were off those same isos you were talkin about. He opened up the third quarter with those same Iso. What I did notice was that we pushed the pace and got more transition buckets, and I think we ran some off ball screens to get Harden and Paul free. So he didnt really change that much, but I will give you that we prolly made some adjustments I didnt see to begin the third.

Also Harden even said,"Imma keep doin what I'm doin, make or miss"

vlaurelio likes this.
  15. Lurch

Lurch Live Wilder.

wut

16. vlaurelio

I know. you know how assists are distributed on that team?

how do you see assists distributed on our team to match gsw's total assists?

we play our game and let them try beating us. not the other way around.

17. vlaurelio

yep harden made 2 threes off capela and nene handoffs.. maybe that's what he means by player and ball movement

18. LosPollosHermanos

LosPollosHermanos Houston only fan
    Supporting Member

@vlaurelio you're going Bobby here man. Never go bobby.

[​IMG]

19. vlaurelio

then try to debate my point then.. quote me

[​IMG]

hakeem94 likes this.
  20. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Rockets win and Thunders lose.

What a great day.