1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Tracy McGrady] No matter how hard you try and how great you are, you need pieces to elevate you.

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Progs, Apr 18, 2018.

?

Agree with Tmac that he never had the pieces around him to succeed in the playoffs?

1. Yes

53.9%
  2. No

46.1%
  1. tinman

tinman Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Rockets fans booed the living daylights out of him when he came back on another team

Maybe McGrady only fans were crying
    But that means every year they cry in April cause he never loses in May

Twenty playoff games

That’s it

You cried 20 times

Harden has what? 46 with the rockets and counting

2. tinman

Supporting Member

Yao and Tmac
    Yao got his jersey retired

They haven’t retired Ariza’s number yet

3. tinman

Supporting Member

Tmac went on record saying he wished he never left Toronto

But these fake Rockets fans believe that he’s true to the organization

Yao never left the Rockets
    He never wished to be anything but a Rocket

D-rock, RocketRed84 and J.R. like this.
  4. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

TMac is just bitter. Every chance he gets he takes a shot at Yao by saying he never had any help. He’s right...besides him and Yao they had no one else. But why bring it up? He’s clearly insecure about his lack of playoff success and he’s projecting.

RocketRed84, tinman and Zboy like this.
  5. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

I find it hilarious that Yao made it farther than Tracy ever did, with Ron Artest... :D

#125 RudyTBag, Apr 19, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
    D-rock, bilaal14 and tinman like this.
  6. riko

riko Member

I guess Yao was chopped liver? the utah series especially the second one we had a more talented team...

7. bmelo

bmelo Member

Imagine if Tucker wasn't able to shoot from more than 5 feet. That was Chuck Hayes and that's who T-Mac played with. And he didn't have Chris Paul takin care of runin the point if he got tired. It was Bob Sura/Alston/Brooks. The cherry top was that his 2nd option was 7"5 soft(great skill but got bullied by smaller ones) center who overcrowed the paint and got outplayed by Memeth Okur.

Say what you want, but it was nor T-Macs or Yao fault. They never complimented each other. Their only play was pass down low to Yao and camp on 3pointer while only 2 guys could hit it consistent.... Pick&Rolls with Yao was painful to watch.

that team was very poorly constructed and all those supposed big transfers never really clicked (Stromile Swift/Bonnie Wells etc)

8. bloodwings19

bloodwings19 Member

TMac has mental problems which is why he is not a winner. Dwight has this type of problem too, they get easily jolted by adversity. TMac would say stuff to avoid adversity. Great NBA players are many, but like most of them their don't have the mental fortitude to persevere. His head is too caved in by pressure which is why he is the reason he let his Rockets at the time fail. TMac it is on you as a piece that failed.

9. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I dun agree wholeheartedly but yup he had some dayum bad teams on them Magic.

Tracy's problem was not talent, it was bad luck, bad health, couple bad decisions and a loud mouth for a player.

That loud mouth works as an analyst.

You could say he needed better players, but he could have gotten out of the 2nd round with his talent alone.

With this attitude, I am sorry for his Houston fans, but if he really wanted a championship he would have joined Kobe like Metta WPeace or KG. If he was smart.

Yao was a decent fit but not the best fit in hindsight. However, he was not responsible for his broke back and broke knee.

He needed mobile and talented two way players around him. At least they could get him to 2nd or 3rd base.

#129 daywalker02, Apr 19, 2018
  10. Hippieloser

Hippieloser Contributing Member

Really makes you appreciate how good we have it with Harden.

11. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

I get that it's annoying for him to say stuff like this because it's very egotistical, but it's pretty much true. Whenever we lost with him in the playoffs, I never pointed the finger at him and said "**** this guy, we lost because he didn't play well." He always played well in the playoffs.

I think most of hate for him here stems from the '09 season where he shut himself down for the season. But honestly, we may have been better without him that season. He was done at that point. I mean he was missing open breakaway dunks lol.

tinman and daywalker02 like this.
  12. sugrlndkid

sugrlndkid Member

T-Whack... glad this fool never won a title. He never owns up to the facts that he never led his teams out of the 1st round of the playoffs(Still mad that he joined the Spurs that got him out of the first round). PERIOD. Great stats mean crap if you dont win...3-1 choker with the Magic. 2-0 choker against the Mavs(getting BTFO at home for a game 7). 2 first round exits against the Jazz(to Deron Williams and Carlos Boozer). Cant believe he is a HOF.

I rip on Dwight Howard a lot...but he had playoff success. WTF did TWhack have?

D-rock, RocketRed84 and tinman like this.
  13. rockets1995

rockets1995 Member

Carroll Dawson was a really horrible GM, excellent Asst Coach teaching Hakeem post move and I cant believe retired his name banner CD. He listened too much and favored Jeff Van Gundy on former Knicks, Charlie Ward, Clarence Weatherspoon, Charles Oakley. Really old players at that time. Carroll really didnt know what, all around young players looked like especially the Draft only Yao didnt become bust. My Favorite Rockets GM ever Steve Patterson Drafted Robert Horry, Sam Cassell in the draft Traded for Mario Elie, Otis Thorpe, Carl Herrera and many more, Found Vernon Maxwell.

14. rawbrah

rawbrah Member

Yao sucked for the most part.

Wasn’t after Tmac got hit with the injury bug that Yao elevated to the so called next level.

Even Kobe was in purgatory after Shaq and before Gasol. Like a nobody.

15. crossover

crossover Contributing Member

T-Mac said a harmless thing and you guys use it to pile on him like hyenas and do everything to call him a loser.

Y'all need Jesus in your lives.

Dopamine, Swiss Roll and daywalker02 like this.
  16. rox4lyf

rox4lyf Member

Yao played well against Dallas in T-mac’s first season when we went up 2-0 so I’m not sure what you’re talking about.

D-rock and daywalker02 like this.
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

I recall vividly when his dunks would change the momentum of games, but he did dunk more as a Rap and Magic.

Much like Carl Landry's.

[​IMG]

Against young Dwight.

[​IMG]

#137 daywalker02, Apr 19, 2018
  18. tinman

Supporting Member

Yes Tmac has great dunks
    That doesn’t mean you win a playoff series

Plus Steve Francis played in the dunk contest and only lost to Vince Carter

bloodwings19 likes this.
  19. Burko

Burko Member

As much as players like LeBron carry a team through tough times (was it the first 14 points or something last night?) you do really need pieces around you to go deep into the playoffs.

20. tinman

Supporting Member

The same pieces Tmac had won nba titles when played with lebron

Like Shane battier

bloodwings19 likes this.