1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Harden MVP watch 2018

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by jayfree, Nov 15, 2017.

?

Who wins MVP 2018

1. Harden

2. Giannis

3. Durrant

4. Curry

5. LeBron

6. Westbrook

7. K.Irving

8. Porzingis

9. Wall

10. Refs

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. J.R.

J.R. Member

Max, you said LeBron is MVP this season. Did last night prove it's Harden?

No, not at all. The entire time I've made the argument about LeBron is the 2nd season (playoffs) is so long, 16 of 30 teams make it, and the MVP never comes from a non-playoff team, why are we handing it out for the regular season? I get push back all the time. Well Max, this is a regular season award. OK, so we're talking regular season. Where LeBron missed 0 games, Harden missed 8. Per game stats were close, they had fewer wins than the Rockets Max! Yes, his teammates weren't worth as many wins. Harden has better teammates & is rewarded in the standings. Even if you want to say, what about now?! Doesn't it mean he's over the choking hump? Let's check back at the end of the playoffs. LeBron will put up monster numbers. If it's not good enough, it's because his teammates aren't.

...Would I give it to AD over Harden? Probably yes. That makes me seem like a hater. Harden is filthy. He's nasty on offense, even when he can make it boring with a lot of trips to the line. Even when he gets to travel when he steps back. If refs want to give him the step back, fine. I'm not hating on Harden. I just don't think he's better or more valuable than LeBron or AD this year.

Quality of teammates affects team wins. He's getting credit for the quality of his teammates. He is helping them but he has better teammates than LeBron and therefore better wins.

SAS: Why does he have better teammates?

Daryl Morey is a better GM.

#861 J.R., Apr 16, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  2. J Sizzle

J Sizzle Member

He forgot to mention Lebron is in in his 15th season

DonKnock likes this.
  3. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

This also works with Westbrook in LeBron's place. How handy!

DonKnock and J Sizzle like this.
  4. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

LeBron didn't want to extend his contract. Kyrie left. He hurt his team by not extending. His actions made them worse, directly. You cant hurt your team that much and be most valuable. Why are we still talking about this.

vince and DonKnock like this.
  5. JayZ750

JayZ750 Contributing Member

I didn't see the words triple double either.

DonKnock likes this.
  6. J.R.

J.R. Member

7. J.R.

J.R. Member

8. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

9. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Not sure it matters. Someone like Fatt who can't fit into a Rockets jersey shouldn't be talking about MVP

Truth is Harden has been the MVP of Houston Sports for 5 years running

Snow Villiers, Invisible Fan and J.R. like this.
  10. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

All this talk is talk. If harden gets an asterisk for not being Jordan, I'll take it and shove it in every haters face.

If he step back travel plus an and 1 his way to a ship, eat it.

Eat it good because the media will flip, haters.

FTW Rockets FTW likes this.
  11. Fantasma Negro

12. DatRocketFan

DatRocketFan Member

hmmm, the astros won the world series, correa? Springer? altuve? James is great and all, superior to JJ watt, but can he say he brought home a ring?

13. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

Patience my friend

Anyway I don't follow stickball. I assume it's way much easier to win a ring in that sport. I doubt they have to go through a team like the Warriors

Harden>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>JJ Fatt

TRUTH

14. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Nick Wright just said on FTF that he wants to see Harden earn his MVP again, show the league why and outplay every player on the Warriors and be the best player on the court every night. Thoughts?

I think he’s right, every player has some down games and Harden has had several - something Nick mentions- and a bit too many so Harden has to show up. He cannot have a 10+ TO game or even two where’s sloppy.

He can also not afford two or more 30-35% shooting nights taking around 20 shots. He simply has to be great. Not just to prove his MVP, but because it’s the only way we have a shot and MVPs are the guys that take a team to the Finals.

vince likes this.
  15. Ziggy

Ziggy QUEEN ANON

I'm not sure there's many players in NBA history that could outplay someone on the Warriors every single game in a series, once you apply today's modern NBA rules.

Steph Curry won MVP and couldn't even outplay the other guys on his team. Iggy won Finals MVP. And they didn't even have KD yet.

NL Rocket likes this.
  16. vince

vince Member

Harden is proving he can play “D” if he doesn’t have to carry the weight offensively.... That is the secret to beating the warriors. All around defensive effort!

Harden can drive to the rim anytime he wants, and Paul can get that mid rage shot anytime he wants it; with both having a Capela waiting in the weeds for an alley-op if the double team shifts.. The warriors know it’s coming and they won’t be able to stop it.

A solid defensive effort, a gut check, sheer professionalism, while staying relaxed... And the Rockets should feel proud of their effort. They may advance or not, but they are playing against an all star team that plays like a well oiled machine.. Rockets system has been awesome the whole year, and it’s good enough to beat even the ideal NBA team....

I say it because Toronto beat themselves against Cleveland; Toronto collapsed mentally after losing game 1 to Cleveland.

17. NL Rocket

NL Rocket Member

Very true! I think he’s saying that more in terms of the mentality he needs to have, but also realising that Harden needs to be elite to have a chance.

I get what you’re saying, but Curry could afford that - though cannot say he did as I didn’t watch that series - against a worse Cavs team. Harden cannot afford that against a clearly more talented team in terms of star power.

Warriors now can afford Curry having a subpar game or even Curry / KD along with a Klay or Green. Rockets need CP3 and Harden to be great defensively and probably both around 25-35 points on average, unless Gordon somehow brings that 19 points again and a Tucker or Ariza provides 15-16 a game as well.

I might be wrong, maybe our defence has improved that much and we continue to play at this level we’ve shown in the last 2-3 games. Regardless I am worried about our perimeter defense as we almost let Burcs kill us last night and have let others go off too.

If we get hot Curry and Klay at his normal level then we better watch out. I’m not too worried about KD. Stop those guys from splashing and you have a good chance to win. Ariza, Tucker and CP3 can rotate guarding those two and Harden could potentially hold his own in the post against KD.

We haven’t played each other at full strength and will be interesting to see how we adapt game to game. Really wonder how it will all go, but way too unpredictable. I expect 7 games, but then we definitely need Harden on his game, as well as CP3.

18. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

19. solid

solid Contributing Member

In the regular season, it is clearly Harden. In the playoffs, it is LBJ.

20. Tfor3

Tfor3 Member