1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Timberwolves @ Rockets 4/15/2018 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 1)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 12, 2018.

1. flamingdts

flamingdts Member

Harden has far less mileage this season than last, and the Rockets do get 2 full days of rest, I think he will be fine.

I don't think the Rockets will shoot this poorly again, especially with Anderson back. Anderson shoots 50% from 3 against the Wolves (for 12 points a game), he'll be a difference maker for sure. The chances that literally every single one of our shooters failing to make a shot is very low, and in my opinion is more indicative of nerves and rust than anything else. It's a good thing it didn't cost us a game, and an even better thing we have a James Harden around.

2. BigShasta

BigShasta Contributing Member

We really have to wait 3 days -

SF3isBack!!, RasaqBoi and hakeem94 like this.
  3. Stormy1234

Stormy1234 Member

4. DavidRocket

DavidRocket Member

Harden was nothing short of magnificent last night...heck this entire season really. His step-back 3s were/are awesome and amazing...but I've gotten to the point where I expect them to go in at this point (even And 1 step backs).

What I was impressed with was his strength and conditioning late in the game when he finished in traffic at the rim. He looked very good.

ThatGuyJoe, D-rock, hakeem94 and 7 others like this.
  5. EightDoobies

EightDoobies Member

To be honest, I'll wait for critical judgement of the team with Ryno and Luc missing. Truly, I believe, if Ryan is out there we space the court even more for our shooters.

bro2044 likes this.
  6. tmacfor35

tmacfor35 Contributing Member

Such a weird schedule.

hakeem94, bro2044 and BigShasta like this.
  7. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

Not sure why anyone should be worried about 41 minutes in the playoffs. There are no B2Bs, there are 2 days off til Game 2, and generally superstars play heavier minutes in the postseason.

His minutes can be reduced if CP3 and the bench(save for Nene who was ok) actually show up for Game 2. EG was awful, Green was mediocre, and Joe Johnson was a complete non-factor. Couple that with Paul having arguably his worst game as a Rocket while Minnesota's reserves like Rose and Crawford were torching us, and you can't blame D'Antoni for running Harden out there a few minutes above his season average.

8. underrated015

underrated015 Member

More rest to get Ryno and Luc back. Im good.

D-rock and Kendrick Lamar like this.
  9. hakeem94

hakeem94 Member

whatever makes you happy my mate!

I know I deserve to be happy but I am trusting no one to provide that for me

I produce my own happiness chemicals with my actions and how I decide to perceive the world.

the orange ball and the people running around after it are not to be entrusted with such a delicate and important task

10. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

Well if the TWolves were gonna steal one that would've been the game last night. Not grabbing the broom just yet but if the Rockets come back out Wednesday and put a whooping on them it's probably as good as done.

D-rock, bro2044, Rox11 and 4 others like this.
  11. mfastx

mfastx Member
    Supporting Member

Wow, just a terrible showing from everyone on the team besides Harden and Capela. Defensively they were okay for the most part, but I have no idea what I was watching on offense smh.

Ariza, Gordon, Tucker, CP3 all had just awful, awful games offensively. Seemed like they were pressing out there and playing nervous. We will not go far unless those guys snap out of it. Let's just say I hope CP3 got it out of his system.

We need to get back to playing confident, crisp decisive basketball on offense.

Remlap and Hakeemtheking like this.
  12. Remlap

Remlap Member

If ANY of our role players step up it won't be close.
    Wolves were uncharacteristically dropping all of their 3's and getting to the rim.
    Everyone not named Harden or Capela were a collective 12% from 3. TWELVE percent!
    That's not even HOT garbage, that's cold garbage.
    In spite of that, we still pulled out a W.
    We couldn't play much worse. We got this. And if the rest of the team
    decides to actually come to play basketball it will be a sweep

13. Burko

Burko Member

I agree with this, although the first point about Harden should be negated by the fact that he only played those minutes because no-one else could buy a bucket.

14. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

What does Max Kellerman have to say about the 1st game of the playoffs particularly Rockets?

@Shaq2Yao @Mathrocker @J.R.

Do yer thang

hakeem94 likes this.
  15. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

They haven't gotten to it yet. But when the topic of LeBron's destination this offseason came up, Stephen A(who's currently in H-Town) said people in the Rockets organization are prioritizing resigning CP3 and don't want to gut the team to sign LeBron.

16. hakeemthagreat

We always look sloppy after 2 or 3 game layoff. My guess is our rhythm is off being a jump shooting team. I hope we come out better next game

On a side note, what the hell was up with Chris Paul? He looked like Harden did in game 6 last year. Lethargic, careless & just sloppily throwing the ball away. That last play where he over threw EG baffled me. He wasn't even supposed to make that pass because we wanted him to take the FT's. If he keeps doing stuff like that expect conspiracy theories on youtube

#2176 hakeemthagreat, Apr 16, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  17. daywalker02

daywalker02 Member

18. Deuce

Deuce Context & Nuance

-The Rockets wont shoot a worse percentage in the 3 the rest of the playoffs. CP wont have a worse game. T'Wolves shot the 3 well. YET, the Rockets still won.

-Harden was brilliant. Played 41 minutes but we needed it. Lots of rest days between games to recover. Harden's 3pt shot fell in the playoffs. That was my main concern. It could be the bellwether for this team.

-Capela was magnificent in this game. Particularly in the 1st half. This is why I wanted the Wolves over Pelicans in the 1st round. Capela seems comfortable taking it at KAT versus AD.

This Capela is the "high ceiling Capela" that the Rockets need to win a championship. Need this again for KAT. Need this vs Adams or Gobert in the next round. And needs this against Draymond Green in the WCF finals.

-If you only look at a box score, PJ Tucker looks like he didnt do anything in this game. Yet, if you actually watched it, it is amazing how he has his fingerprints all over this game.

-CP. Yeah he was bad offensively. Just too hesitant. He will correct this. Just needs to "hoop."

ThatGuyJoe, D-rock, Vivi and 2 others like this.
  19. Giannis

Giannis Member

one three away from OT, phew

fun game to watch, nonetheless

20. Rocket River

Rocket River Member

1 Down
    15 more to go

Rocket River

D-rock, hakeem94 and Patience like this.