1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

ClutchFans Game Thread: Timberwolves @ Rockets 4/15/2018 (Playoffs Round 1, Game 1)

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Clutch, Apr 12, 2018.

1. vlaurelio

vlaurelio Contributing Member

they had a bad 3 pt shooting night and we still won with defense and being aggressive stop crying

Remlap, D-rock and hakeem94 like this.
  2. Invisible Fan

Invisible Fan Contributing Member

He called you out as a lowkey Harden hater. Yeah, I'd be embarassed too if I doubled down on Harden's playoff performances in a Harden troll thread.

I'm just saying you'll be there (and the usual suspects) the moment the Rockets gets tested and Harden's in the middle of all of it while forgetting games like these.

Have a little faith.

hakeem94 likes this.
  3. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

Its just Wolves.

Do you still think we can win if they are Thunders or Warriors with us bricking all game?

4. vlaurelio

we won't win anything bricking everything in games.. you think we will shoot 35% from the arc every single game from here on out?

5. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

NBAtv - this series will go 6 or 7 games.

6. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

If CP3 and EG play intelligently like James by driving, dishing, and on defense, the Wolves will panic and our shots will start to go in. Let's hope that Ryan will be back. We need a good performance from him off the bench.

Go Houston Rockets!

Hakeemtheking and bilaal14 like this.
  7. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

I dont know man.
    Harden wont get 44pts every game.
    If we struggle like this in some games, we wont win Championship.

8. PeterKingX

PeterKingX Member

At least its close game in Game1.

9. Surfguy

Surfguy Contributing Member

Ariza...come on, MAN! How long you been in the league? Take your 1-for-whatever **** and get some rest or something. Geez Louise! Man up! We need the 3-slayer Ariza. Mr. Threeza Pizza. Whatever the hell! Get with the program! Get some new shoes or something!

bro2044 and Remlap like this.
  10. saleem

saleem Contributing Member

No
    No doubt about that, but it's not PJ's
    job to stop him. CP3, Ariza and Green need to play better defense.

11. vlaurelio

yeah we wont.. we just have to trust everyone else will hit 1/3rd of their 3s instead of just 1/4th of them

and cp3, tucker, gg, and jj still had jitters playing alongside and not against hargawd in the playoffs for the first time

12. Rivaldo2181

Rivaldo2181 Contributing Member

I got to go to the game and it was pretty sad to see so many empty seats. I thought maybe people were late and it would fill up but never did. We are the #1 team in the entire nba and can’t fill the stadium for a playoff game. Very sad.

13. Little Bit

Little Bit Member

Didn’t look empty on tv but the Astros were also playing tonight as well.

14. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

15. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

specifically isiah thomas though, who's a certified moron

16. Ericstocracy

Ericstocracy Member

I was there and I didn't see many empty seats at all. My area was packed and loud. I lost my voice. It was a pretty good atmosphere, seemed like some were hesitant to chant though. That was a tad irritating. Had fun despite the woeful shooting and CP3.

17. YOLO

YOLO Member

Interesting. A bunch of friends went to the game and had the opposite thoughts.

18. kingkingston

kingkingston Member

19. AuburnRocket

AuburnRocket Contributing Member

My take focuses on EFFORT....and what I'm pretty sure I saw was Jimmy and Clint giving that. I thought CP3 was horrible (decision making).
    Ariza EGO, Nene didn't see a lot of effort. I saw a ton of standing around while Jimmy has the ball with basically the only movement being PNR to Clint. We had a lot of observers who unfortunately were on the court. The only thing you can really control is EFFORT. Ariza (I like him) has become a liability...I cringe when I see him headed to the basket and kick out with a layup or slam or foul possible. He normally plays good D but haven't seen that be good either.

Nene...old and slow...how do you have a jump ball and not jump off the floor ? Unreal. I think he tries but is limited by Father Time.EGO...think he's not 100% but doesn't move either. I think EGO can take defender off the dribble..wish he would. Lastly, I notice several times when we secure a rebound (especially JH) and the other 4 players are casually jogging down the floor in what could be fast breaks. JMO.

PeterKingX likes this.
  20. bilaal14

bilaal14 Member

Anderson and Luc will be back soon.... we can really use Anderson. Everything will be good

Ariza missed so many shots, yet was team high +8.

Rockets in 4.