1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Luc Mbah a Moute dislocates his right shoulder

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DarkHorse, Apr 10, 2018.

1. onreego

onreego Member

But to also put that stat in context.

The Dreamshake had a stat:

2. cdrive

cdrive Contributing Member

3. s3ts

s3ts Member

why did he go up for a dunk, that's what i wanna know.

everyone should've told him, "NO DUNKS."

4. The Cat

The Cat Contributing Member

Same here. Honestly, the biggest impediment to his potential return is/was the potential for him to decide it's not worth it. That is, because surgery is inevitable and typically has a recovery process of several months, he could opt to do the surgery now to have a better shot at being 100% by 2018-19 training camp. And considering he's playing for a minimum contract this year, it's not like you could really blame him if that's the route he took.

That said, if that were his mindset, the most logical time to have the surgery would be now. For him not to do it tells you he wants to return, and barring any major complications, it's usually an injury you can come back from in 2-4 weeks. (That said, until he has the surgery, it could easily re-occur again... so we'll all be holding our breath if/when he returns.)

DonKnock, BigMaloe and Bobsputin like this.
  5. True Rocket

True Rocket Member

We have a combination of great role players , we will be fine but vs the Warriors Luc ability to defend is going to be key. And Luc only plays 21 minutes because we are deep.

Hakeemtheking likes this.
  6. asianballa23

asianballa23 Member

problem is, neither Green nor Johnson play D like Luc.

7. Roscoe Arbuckle

If he's out for the same duration as the first time, looking at last years playoff schedule, he should be back in time for the WCF.

8. dmenacela

dmenacela Contributing Member

So you would know then that dislocated shoulders can pop out at any time, it's always a possibility even if after Luc returns. It can be very bad.

No matter how you dice the news, MDA's choice of playing key players down the stretch is a serious misstep by him.

Luc's unavailability will hurt the Rocket's title chances.

9. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

If he wanted to have surgery he could’ve done it the first time it happened. I think coming back and showing his commitment to the team bodes better for his next contact than opting to have the surgery now. Although he’s been great he was on a vet min for a reason. These are the kinds of things guys like that have to do to stay in the league. I don’t want him to play injured but playing hurt during a title run and postponing an inevitable surgery would be what I’d think a guy in his position would do.

DonKnock, Invisible Fan and The Cat like this.
  10. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

You do realize D'Antoni HAS been resting players down the stretch, including Luc. Remember when he sat several games during a recent homestand with tendinitis in his knee? You can't just sit everyone all the way until the playoffs start. The team will have no cohesiveness when they get back out on the floor.

Invisible Fan and ElDobleK like this.
  11. Fantasma Negro

Its the playoffs, I expect him to miss the first two maybe three games of the first round. Just play defense, he can be our Roberson until he feels strong enough to shoot

12. danoman

danoman Contributing Member

We don’t need Luc’s 3s during the first 2 rounds. But we will need his defense agains Durant and the Warriors!

13. YOLO

YOLO Member

someone hasn't been following the sitting out of games by all players as of late. bandwagon fan confirmed

14. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

That's assuming the Warriors get that far. They looked awful against the Jazz last night and Utah has a legit shot at the 3rd seed tonight which would potentially make them Golden State's 2nd round opponent.

15. dmenacela

I get your point about cohesiveness. However, you would think at the end of an 82 game season players should be able to instinctively pick up chemistry sooner than later? There are trade-offs to both sides.

In my opinion, it's better to minimize as many minutes as you can to increase the chances that your key players are available during the playoffs.

16. dmenacela

You have no idea, rook

17. ballscientist1

I think you are kind of overrate the injury.If there is no fracture, no need surgery.

You have a good point: it could easily re-occur again if he returns in about 3 weeks.

18. shlhl

shlhl Member

He fell on his shoulder and got hurt badly when he went for a dunk last time.

19. YOLO

YOLO Member

judging what what you know about whose been playing and not its not me who's the rook

watashi315 likes this.
  20. Dankstronaut

Dankstronaut Way, way out here.
    Supporting Member

If he can still make it back for wcf that would be huge. Duct tape that shoulder together, I'm sure they've got some kind of crazy brace for it. Luc's a beast, if he can play he will play. Unless that shoulder looks like hamburger he'll be out there.