1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

2. LIVE WATCH EVENT
    The NBA Draft is here! Come join Clutch in the ClutchFans Room Wednesday night at 6:30pm CT as we host the live online NBA Draft Watch Party. Who will the Rockets select at #3?

NBA Draft - LIVE!

Luc Mbah a Moute dislocates his right shoulder

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by DarkHorse, Apr 10, 2018.

1. count_dough-ku

count_dough-ku Contributing Member

2. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

Do you think the Warriors make the Finals without Iguodala or Livingston?

Why or why not?

3. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Iguodala of a few years ago. No.

Iggy and Livingston are not on Lucs level right now.

Luc is our best man to man defender. Basically he’s our klay on defense.

Luc helps out on a lot of matchups.

Gerald Green will need to play the best basketball of his life these next few weeks. He could secure himself a nice pay day.

DonKnock, ISOBall and justtxyank like this.
  4. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

The Warriors have more talent. The Rockets "third star" is the system and the role players that play it perfectly.

bj3175 likes this.
  5. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

Since, as we know, in life, and particularly in equity investing, past performance is a guarantee of future results:

His first game back last time was a 5 point performance in the "secret passage invasion" loss to the Clippers.
    His 2nd game back - 14 points in 32 minutes after starting against the TWolves in place of Harden.
    His 3rd game back - scoring 14 points in a win against the Warriors.

Weirdly those were two of his better games, at least offensively, of the second half of the season. Only in Utah was he truly mBeastly, where he scored 17 on 7-7.

#325 SamFisher, Apr 11, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2018
  6. bulkatron

bulkatron Member

I hope your interpretation is correct. It was what I was originally hoping for. Of course it’s vague but you know, it’s ok to be irrational and hope for some clairvoyance

Sean Dr34ms likes this.
  7. count_dough-ku

My guess is they'll reevaluate him in a couple weeks after the first round and then we'll have a more definitive timeline on his return. The Rockets are probably assuming they'll be without him til the WCF(i.e. he misses a month like last time). If they get him back before then, it's a nice little bonus.

8. napalm06

napalm06 Huge Flopping Fan

I appreciate that you're trying to play the objective role here, but there is zero evidence to support this. We should at least wait until the severity and injury are actually determined.

9. seclusion

seclusion rip chadwick

Could be worse. Hopefully it heals in a couple weeks.

10. GimmeDaRock

GimmeDaRock Contributing Member

If the Rockets can't overcome having MBM out, they don't deserve the trophy.

JazzLakerHater likes this.
  11. SamFisher

SamFisher Contributing Member

12. JayGoogle

JayGoogle Member

No, not Iggy of old, he was an all-star coming off the bench then, but I think they are pretty comparable now in what they bring to their teams.

At the end of the day it's going to come down to Curry and Durant.

See, I'd argue you can say the same about the Warriors.

To me a star is a player that can do it no matter the team they find themselves on. I don't think Klay and Green are that. I don't think if you put Klay or Green on the Hawks that they will make the all-star team. They benefit playing next to stars.

I think Gordon on any given night can match what Klay does (and Klay's defense is completely overrated) and Capela can match the impact Green has on a team, hell, Capela is one of the best Centers in the NBA.

I just don't see Luc being the difference between a championship or not and that on any given night another player can step up and impact the game. Not defensively like he can, but in other ways? Absolutely.

If Ryno gets hot other teams are going to be in deep doo doo, the issue with Ryno is that's not...consistent...
    Iso Joe has sucked, true, but we don't need all-star Joe Johnson, we need a guy to show up one game per series or hit a big shot. Maybe the regular season has bored him, perhaps he's only here to perform in the playoffs...
    Maybe Green can get hot too...

None of these are consistent options, I realize that, I realize there's more consistency in defense than there is in hoping these guys get hot but your stars are meant to be the consistent ones. If Harden and CP3 consistently dominate they will make up the bad games that Green, Joe, or Ryno will run into. This is why the NBA doesn't have as much parity as the other leagues, because it usually comes down to the team with the star players that can dominate consistently and outplay other star players on other teams.

I have faith in Harden and CP3 to carry the team...I think Harden's playoffs struggles comes from having him try to do too much and now CP3 is here he'll be more relaxed and won't carry the entire load himself. I think in the end they will be the reason we make the finals or not, not Luc. He's just not that caliber of player to completely change the fate of a team like that and we have wings that can all go off for a night or two to make his absence bearable.

Rashmon likes this.
  13. Newlin

Newlin Member

No, it's not saying any of that. It doesn't say anything about 2-4 weeks. It doesn't say anything about the second round. And it doesn't say he should be back for the WCF. All we know is he won't play the first round.

RasaqBoi likes this.
  14. LorneMalvo

LorneMalvo Member

Joe a Johnson is legitimately terrible. Green is also bad.

Luc being 8th man is misleading considering he'd be the Cavs or a Thunders 3rd best player.

And Luc is the only player separating Joe Johnson from NBA playoff competition.

I don't think you people realize how bad Johnson is. The same stats that give CP3 and Harden as the two best players in the league this season, rate Johnson as the worst of the worst. Like bottom 15 of over 400 qualifying players.

justtxyank likes this.
  15. GimmeDaRock

GimmeDaRock Contributing Member

Queue the tiny violins....

16. ballscientist1

Woj

come back in April 30?

17. count_dough-ku

If Ryno and EG are healthy, JJ's minutes will be minimal. The bench sans Luc should consist of Ryno, EG, Green, Nene(or Black), and JJ. Johnson is the 9th or 10th man.

bilaal14 and Kim like this.
  18. meh

meh Contributing Member

Sucks to hear this but regardless of our playoff hopes I hope LMM don't play unless he's truly healthy enough not to aggravate the shoulder. If that means he's out for the postseason so be it. Dude will be a FA and needs his big payday really shouldn't be risking anything at this point.

But I hope it's not serious and he can be cleared to play later in the playoffs. But only if he's truly ok to do so.

19. Kim

Kim Contributing Member

I think the bench is Gordon, Ryno, Green, then matchup dependent for Nene and JJ (small ball). I really think Green (though flawed) has earned his spot over JJ and that the last 5 games has doubled JJ's minutes not only because it's the end of the season. So that's an 9-man lineup with the 9th guy changing imo. Wouldn't be shocked to see an 8-man lineup either.

20. ballscientist1

In my understanding, it takes 3 weeks for recovery for this minor dislocated right shoulder.

the problem is that he can not risk his future, he needs to get a nice-looking check in July.