1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Robert Mueller, Former F.B.I. Director, Is Named Special Counsel for Russia Investigation

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by KingCheetah, May 17, 2017.

1. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

I have no problem with the guilty being charged with a crime, no matter how long ago the crime was committed. You know what they call those people? Criminals......

DD

krnxsnoopy, Xenon, Yung-T and 3 others like this.
  2. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

If you do not want to do the time, ....

NewRoxFan likes this.
  3. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Question for the folks with legal knowledge:

Is it possible for Mueller to seal an indictment for Obstruction of Justice with the court and hold it sealed until the investigation concludes. That way if he does get fired the people underneath Mueller can immediately unseal the indictment?

4. dobro1229

dobro1229 Contributing Member

Reports are that they’ve already concluded the obstruction portion of the investigation but are holding it till other parts of the investigation have concluded. That tells me that any given Friday anyone on Mueller’s staff could walk into the courthouse and give the grand jury the indictment referral. I’m just wondering how the “sealed” indictments work and if it’s possible for or if he’s already sealed an indictment on obstruction that can be held.

Not that Mueller would actually intend on indicting Trump (he’d surely refer to the House for impeachment), but interested to learn if he can use sealed indictments as a failsafe way to insure his investigation.

da_juice and FranchiseBlade like this.
  5. Deckard

Deckard Blade Runner
    Supporting Member

The color of the #1 priority of trump's White House, after not getting caught, of course. The color of money. How much they can make off of this gig. How much they can leverage the power of the office for their own personal gain. How much money they owe, never far from their thoughts.

St. Patrick would be proud.

vlaurelio likes this.
  6. B-ball freak

B-ball freak Contributing Member

Right? Especially if you, like, do lots of crimes.

7. larsv8

larsv8 Contributing Member

This is good for you.

I think your sub conscious is doing an excellent job of building mental defenses against this train wreck of a president.

The guy is a crook. Accept it. He wasn't screwed over. McCabe is a guy you should be talking about getting screwed over.

DaDakota and Deckard like this.
  8. Qball

Qball Contributing Member

It's like if prosecutors go after drug dealers and can't pin the drugs on them but found they are evading taxes...they should say 'oh well that's not what I was originally after' and leave it be.

mdrowe00, superfob, da_juice and 4 others like this.
  9. leroy

leroy Contributing Member

Only if that drug dealer was a republican.

Anticope and Deckard like this.
  10. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

What was Capone convicted of? Oh yeah, taxes. I guess they should have waited to get him on murder or racketeering charges...

mdrowe00, CometsWin and Deckard like this.
  11. DaDakota

DaDakota If you want to know, just ask!

You guys do know that if Trump has not done a crime, he has nothing to worry about, right? Of course, he is as dirty as a pig in a mud pit......so, that is why he is squealing so loudly....the wolves are at the gate.

DD

mdrowe00 likes this.
  12. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

More lies, er, news on Kushner's efforts to get financing from Qatar:

March:
    QATAR OFFICIALS COVERED FOR JARED KUSHNER IN MUELLER PROBE, REPORT SAYS
    http://www.newsweek.com/qatar-officials-covered-jared-kushner-mueller-probe-report-says-840742

Today:

FranchiseBlade and No Worries like this.
  13. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

Jared Kushner lied to Mueller? Trump needs to fire his ass asap. Maybe even jail him.

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  14. AleksandarN

AleksandarN Member

Who Jared or Mueller? I hope he tries to fire Mueller.

15. adoo

adoo Member

https://www.axios.com/robert-muelle...ion-2128e27f-bbb6-4b82-9e28-c6f1244fb9e3.html

special counsel Robert Mueller has been focusing on events since the election — not during the campaign — in his conversations with President Trump's lawyers. The top two topics that Mueller has expressed interest in so far:

the firings of FBI director James Comey and national security adviser Michael Flynn.​

Why it matters:

That suggests a focus on obstruction of justice while in office, rather than collusion with Russia during the campaign. But both sagas are interwoven with Russia: Trump himself has linked Comey's firing to Russia, and Flynn pleaded guilty to lying to the FBI about conversations with the Russian ambassador during the transition.

No Worries likes this.
  16. krnxsnoopy

krnxsnoopy Contributing Member

What's so hard about not being a criminal?

Worst thing someone can find about me is I smoked pot in college. I don't mind if my President smoked pot in their younger years.

Money laundering, bribery, and other white collar crimes as part of their shady past? Yeah, I do mind.

17. krnxsnoopy

Easy.

Maybe they shouldn't have done the crime.

[​IMG]

FranchiseBlade likes this.
  18. JuanValdez

JuanValdez Contributing Member

My guess would be that if Mueller was fired, the whole Special Counsel function would be dissolved at the same time, so nobody working for Mueller would have any authority to ask a court for anything, and it would be on the AG to choose what to do with those sealed indictments.

19. Rashmon

Rashmon Contributing Member

20. krnxsnoopy

Karma will eventually get Trump like it got OJ

adoo likes this.