1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[UNOFFICIAL] Texans off-season thread

Discussion in 'Houston Texans' started by codell, Jan 1, 2018.

1. hakimthdream02

all i want is SUH, honey badger, more o-line, ej gaines, and i will be proud of the texans

2. Aruba77

Aruba77 Contributing Member

yeah, but spending for quality is necessary some times. i still think we need to do some major work with our secondary; signing Colvin was great, but not a silver bullet. Frankly, we are paying $9 mil to a guy who can't cover in Jackson. He's more of a liability than JJo. We need to do something there. It would be nice to get the DB's taken care of this offseason, so we don't have to worry about it next year. Sticking with Jackson another year likely means we are back in the corner FA market next year. It's the best DB FA market i can remember, so let's just get this fixed now.

3. Mr.Scarface

Mr.Scarface Member

Suh...no way.

4. Nimo

Nimo Member

The Giants spent money on Solder and a bunch of other no-name guys. The Texans just spent money on no-name guys.

I'm not tripping. I think most are disappointed because of all the hype that was generated with the Texans-Solder and Texans-Butler reports. There are other proven playmakers still available. If free agency ended today then i would be all kinds of disappointed because the team is only a little improved. But it is not over, and they can still get some playmakers. Not just some bodies.

5. J.R.

J.R. Member

That's it?

There is a salary cap. ;)

mikol13, hakimthdream02 and RasaqBoi like this.
  6. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

I would guess more like 8

7. texian

texian Member

It’s not known why Kaepernick was in Houston working out, but no NFL team appeared to be in attendance. A source with the Houston Texans told Yahoo Sports the team was unaware of the workout or Kaepernick‘s presence in the city. Kaepernick retreated to a private area of the facility after the workout.

A trainer took video as Kaepernick went through the workout and occasionally stopped the throwing session to watch portions of the footage with the quarterback. While Yahoo Sports got a few short portions of video, the workout took place on a fenced-in field under tight security, with staffers halting attempts to record the practice.

https://www.yahoo.com/amphtml/sports/colin-kaepernick-spotted-working-houston-174338221.html

Question is, why doesn't Robinson know why Kaepernick was in Houston working out? I mean, somebody from Kaep's camp informed him of it. A national NFL writer didn't just happen to be hanging around Houston Sports Park and... oh, look, it's CK! Just ask him?

hakimthdream02 and Fulgore like this.
  8. conquistador#11

A source ,close to me, says kaep to the dynamo is imminent, but don't be surprised if it doesn't happen.

9. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

10. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

I can say this... Kaep is close friends with Chamillionaire (Tech Business)

But Cham moved to the Bay, so maybe they are having a Houston getaway together.

11. Aruba77

honestly (and i say this as a BC guy) Eifert is damaged goods. I would have jumped at a 1-yr deal, but he probably needed more to leave Cincy, and no way i'd give him more than a 1-yr deal. Homeboy just can't stay on the field. He's fools gold.

Rockets FTW and RasaqBoi like this.
  12. Fantasma Negro

Hope Ebron is on Brian's radar

hakimthdream02, Rudyc281 and RasaqBoi like this.
  13. Nimo

Nimo Member

14. Nimo

Nimo Member

Since the Texans are just looking for bodies. Here are a few:

15. RasaqBoi

RasaqBoi Member

Can he block? Does he have nice tattoos? Can he return punts?

If no.... then SHUTUP FANTASMA, BoB is looking for multiple position players. :)

I want Ebron too. haha

16. Fantasma Negro

This is a bullshit and a piss poor display of the "woke" movement's attempt at media manipulation. Kaep is in Houston to visit with that idiot Roland Martin and its obvious Martin used his press connections to set this up. And of course no nfl teams showed up, they want athletes that are disciplined enough to demonstrate their opinions outside of their place of business. Kaep better send a tape to the cfl and Vince McMahon cause he's done in the nfl

17. LongTimeFan

LongTimeFan Contributing Member

What's the BC connection?

18. Aruba77

i have a feeling he is. I'm not a fan of guys who drop the ball a lot and can't live up to their talent, but he's only 25, and there is just too much upside not to take a flier ...especially given that we have pretty much no alternatives. I wouldn't overpay him; and that's what i'm worried about. some team like the Jets, with monster cap space and a need at that position, will probably overpay.

Fantasma Negro likes this.
  19. Aruba77

the fact that i'm an idiot and thought he went to BC ...when in fact, he went to our arch rival ...Notre Dame.

20. Fantasma Negro

Dude I laughed to the brink of tears off that lol

hakimthdream02 and RasaqBoi like this.