1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Does Craig Ackerman Need to Tone it Down?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by theimpossibles1, Dec 4, 2017.

?

Should Craig Ackerman Tone it Down?

1. No way!

2. Yes please, if you wouldn't mind.

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. Downtown Sniper

Downtown Sniper Contributing Member

I enjoyed the whispered 'splash' when he first brought it out.

But I agree, lately it's been getting too much.

Apart from that, love his passion.

2. DreamShook

DreamShook Member

I don't think he uses it in close games. I like it when he uses the slash. It's hilarious.

3. Fansince80

Fansince80 Member

Love his "SPLAaAaAsh" 3 point call.

Kendrick Lamar likes this.
  4. dc rock

dc rock Contributing Member

He did in the game against Toronto. It just sounds inorganic to me. If it was just him yelling "splash" like an over-the-top, Gus Johnson cornball it would be fine, but it's this weird, lowered-voice, Patton Oswalt-like "splehhhhhsh."

theimpossibles1 likes this.
  5. SooneRockStro

SooneRockStro Member

I love the splash BECAUSE it’s cringeworthy. I think that’s kind of the subliminal point, to annoy opposing fans who may be watching. Therefore, since it is probably annoying AF to opposing fans I love it.

Kendrick Lamar likes this.
  6. Swapshop

Swapshop Member

The only thing he needs to tone down is some of his sayings like. :He squeezes one off". I am thinking is he shooting a 3 or taking a dump.

7. alexcapone

alexcapone Contributing Member

Cleanup on aisle three! Cleanup on aisle three!! Lmao

8. Elephant810

Elephant810 Member

Ackerman has big shoes to fill. Worrell is the man.

Blurr#7 likes this.
  9. theimpossibles1

Couple gripes, the splaash thing is not cool or funny, just annoying.

He and Bull going off on these long tangents every game, ie Teletubbies that have nothing to do with basketball. I'm all for jokes but keep the game the focal point, even if it's a blowout.

Blurr#7 and D-rock like this.
  10. seeingred

seeingred Member

He actually eased up on the "squeeze one off" bit - think he only does it occasionally and from muscle memory. He knows he has big shoes to fill, obviously loves this team, has real enthusiasm for the game - rock on man.

"Somebody call somebody!"

D-rock likes this.
  11. coachbadlee

coachbadlee Member

I think he should get all the way "turnt up".

12. DreamQuake

DreamQuake Member

I like Craig doing tv and I like that he can take over for Bill when he hangs it up.

The only problem is that the radio broadcast suffers without him. I can’t listen to it on away games.

glenadyll likes this.
  13. RudyTBag

RudyTBag Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Yup. I miss Bill and Calvin too.

I love Craig and Bull, but they are a couple of dorks. Get some cool back in there with Calvin to balance out the dorkiness. :D

Blurr#7 likes this.
  14. tehG l i d e

tehG l i d e Member

Ackerman is the best commentator out of the bunch. I don't care at all for the banter between Bill, Bull, and Clyde.

15. BallSoHarden

BallSoHarden Member

CA I think is a massive improvement over Bill. Bill is getting to the point where he is making the Cavs commentators seem tolerable, and that is absurd. This guy needs to retire, should have retired years ago. He makes me embarrassed to be a Rockets fan, I can't even share great highlights because of his trash commentary ruining it. He has single handedly ruined great moments that will need to be edited for highlight reels for the next 20 years. "James Harden is the new Rockets ONE GAME... scoring champion!!" like what? Dude is beyond corny, and just not very knowledgeable about the game or players anymore. Listening to Toronto and Milwaukee broadcasts I found out facts about the Rockets players that I didn't even know about, these guys seemed well informed and much much more professional than this cookie eating washed up hack.

16. CometsWin

CometsWin Breaker Breaker One Nine

Whoever thinks Ackerman needs to tone it down never heard Gene Peterson and Jim Foley call a game.

kaleidosky, Nook and Torn n Frayed like this.
  17. BamBam

BamBam Contributing Member

[​IMG]

What irks me is his continuous bashing of Carlos Delfino! The guy was a solid player when he was here and had many key moments in Rockets victories and all he can remember is the few times he step'd out of bounds?? Why not say he did a Delfino when someone does a key 3pt shot??

From now on when someone gets on my nerves I'm going to say STOP BEING an ACKERMAN!!

18. hakeemthagreat

I actually laugh every time he does this. Craig getting in touch with his inner ratchedness "splaasssh" lol. That call he did on the Harden/Wesley Johnson crossover actually made it to Donkey of the day on Power 105.1. It had the whole staff cracking up

19. blackistan

blackistan Member

Aint been the same since Murph been gone

RudyTBag, payaso and Blurr#7 like this.
  20. TRIQSTER

TRIQSTER Contributing Member

Please don’t say squeeze one off anymore

Blurr#7 likes this.