1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Who’s hyped for MLB the Show 18?

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout' started by Nigel Thornberry, Feb 28, 2018.

?

Who’s hyped for MLB the Show 18?

1. heck ya

84.6%
  2. I rather eat my neighbors toe nail

15.4%
  1. Nigel Thornberry

Am I the only one hyped for this game to come out? Astros are World Series champs and it looks really good.

2. zeeshan2

zeeshan2 Member

Haven't played a baseball game in forever but The Show is still better than the 2k series right?

3. Junkyard_Dog

Junkyard_Dog Member

I was so disappointed that the World Champions weren't on the cover I have to take a hard pass

RKREBORN likes this.
  4. Nigel Thornberry

That’s a close one. I haven’t played the show in a few years so I’m not sure.

5. UTAllTheWay

UTAllTheWay Member

The Show is definitely my favorite sports game out there. It's the only one I buy every year.

RasaqBoi and Nigel Thornberry like this.
  6. FranchiseBlade

FranchiseBlade Contributing Member
    Supporting Member

Well since MLB 2K isn't made anymore and the Show is only for PS4, I will be baseball free this year. When I got the XBOX One the Show was almost enough to make me choose PS4. I just had all the old Xbox 360 games and wanted the backward compatibility function. If I had money to waste I would also get a PS4 and I could play the Show.

Nigel Thornberry likes this.
  7. Rockets12

Rockets12 Member

I'm not really sure I want to spend $60 to upgrade from MLB 17 to MLB 18, so I might pass this year. As long as the servers are still update and I can download rosters, I'm okay

8. FTW Rockets FTW

FTW Rockets FTW Contributing Member

I wouldn't spend $0.01 on this

Just my $0.02

9. Nigel Thornberry

[​IMG]
    Lol every time you post something

10. Anticope

Anticope Member

I cashed in on one of the black Friday PS4 deals primarily so I could get this game and I couldn't be more pumped. I haven't played a baseball game since 2K's heyday so it's probably been 10+ years at least.

11. Poloshirtbandit

I felt kinda meh about 17. I really liked 16 though. I'll be getting 18 just because Astros.

12. Poloshirtbandit

I'm glad they added the ability to carry over franchises from the previous game. I kept my 16 season going with last year's game. Probably going to start new with 18 though.

13. Nigel Thornberry

I didn’t know you could do that. I think the last show I owned was 14

14. Poloshirtbandit

15. Haymitch

Haymitch Custom Title
    Supporting Member

The one and only baseball game anyone ever needed

[​IMG]

16. MykTek

MykTek Member

I'm still playing 17 and I don't really see that much of a difference to warrant the price tag

17. Castor27

Castor27 Moderator
    Staff Member

I played last night. My DD team is pretty trash right now, but I love that they added a ton of missions and programs. That will probably get me to play more as some of them are actually obtainable for casuals. I don't have the time to spend on games like I used to so something that takes a lot of grinding usually gets skipped. So having some actual missions that I might be able to finish makes me want to play a little more DD than I have in the past. I'm interested to see what the new RTTS looks like. On one hand not being able to create mega star initially disappointed me, but then I played my '17 guy and had 150 HR in the first half of my first season and am thinking it might be a good change of pace.

18. jdh008

jdh008 Member

I'm really looking forward to this edition of the game, mostly because of the changes to Road to the Show.

Apparently, the way it's going to work now is you create a player in a certain mold i.e. defensive-minded shortstop, power-hitting corner infielder, speedy outfielder with slap-hitting ability but no power, etc. Based on the type of player you create, you'll have certain caps on attributes. For instance, if you are a defensive-minded middle infielder, there might not be a cap on how high you can rate in fielding, arm strength, etc., but you may max out in power at 45. At the same time, you'll start with a higher rating in those attributes that best fit your profile so that you will at least be a viable player right out of the gate.

I've always liked a realistic simulation, so it's always kind of bugged me that you can go from being a slap-hitting infielder when you begin to challenging the home run record just a few years later. A player might improve over time, sure, but that type of player transformation doesn't really happen. This change seems to fix that.

19. PhiSlammaJamma

I haven't been able to play the show, I'm on box, but I find it interesting that the most fun I ever had playing a baseball game goes all the way back to like 1988 with bases loaded ( errors, fights, mysterious players ) or some of segas early baseball games where the swing timing and ball reaction felt realistic. The baseball games I've played over the last two decades never felt realistic to me in terms of their gameplay or just simple fun. Graphics. Outstanding. But pure enjoyment, hasn't been there. I just want to feel the mind game between the pitchers and batters, or some random elements of unpredictability, some genuine just WTF just happened moments. Still in need of something purely addicting and yet real. And that I can't ever truly master. Get better. But not quite master.

20. FlyerFanatic

FlyerFanatic YOU BOYS LIKE MEXICO!?! YEEEHAAWW
    Supporting Member

how do you play conquest? like i don't care about this map/fan thing...arent there missions/games you play vs the CPU? how do i get to that?

EDIT: wow so you're basically playing war to unlock the conquest missions. its a board game. WUT

#20 FlyerFanatic, Mar 28, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 28, 2018