1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

School shooting - at least 5 dead

Discussion in 'BBS Hangout: Debate & Discussion' started by bigtexxx, Jan 22, 2016.

1. R0ckets03

R0ckets03 Contributing Member

Do people even think before they post trash? Idiots like Astrodome and RussiaLegend sit there and watch random youtube videos or read some random ass blog and then come on here to post crap. How idiotic does one really have to be to think the FBI has dedicated all its resources to the Trump investigation and that is the reason they missed this shooting? Then again, when the leader of their cult is a dumb ass like Trump what can one expect.

2. REEKO_HTOWN

REEKO_HTOWN I'm Rich Biiiiaaatch!

People are sill talking about this?

No Worries likes this.
  3. No Worries

No Worries Contributing Member

It is all they got, man. It is all they got.

4. fchowd0311

fchowd0311 Contributing Member

I just honestly believe that posters like Astrodome don't genuinely believe in 90% of the stuff they post.

I think their entire premise is "you take this too seriously" and just want to post things that they assume will "trigger" posters who post in a sincere manner.

R0ckets03 likes this.
  5. marky :)

marky :) Member

Pretty sure Rocketslegend is someone's 2nd troll account.

R0ckets03 likes this.
  6. fchowd0311

I never understood the motivation behind it .

Do you need some sort of mental disorder to have your entire motivation of posting on the interent to "trigger" people?

7. Astrodome

Astrodome Member
    Supporting Member

I will admit I am an idiot at times but honestly I only post here so it isnt totally an echo chamber. I agree with some of what you guys say and I didn't think my posts were that outrageous. My apologies if I offended you.

No Worries likes this.
  8. marky :)

Probably a form of attention seeking.

9. NewRoxFan

NewRoxFan Contributing Member

A good start (though I would lengthen the waiting period)...

Age limits and waiting periods for assault weapons? Florida legislators considering it
    http://www.miamiherald.com/news/state/florida/article200909094.html

10. marky :)

IMO a lengthy waiting period for AR's wouldn't prevent anything but at least there's a discussion going on. Age increase might but who knows, just all guessing on my part.

11. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Of course it wouldn't, but that's not really the goal. If we wanted to talk about things that would actually make a difference the conversation wouldn't be centered around gun bans and the fantasy of getting rid of the 2nd amendment.

12. NewRoxFan

I believe the idea behind waiting periods is two-fold. First, they act as a cooling off period for someone that might purchase a gun while upset. The second and more important reason is that they allow law enforcement more time to check the buyer's background. It takes the FBI on average 25 days to determine if a purchaser is ineligible to purchase a firearm.

http://lawcenter.giffords.org/gun-laws/policy-areas/gun-sales/waiting-periods/

13. fchowd0311

We have a professional psychiatrist, sociologist and climate scientist here. All with just a high school education. Impressive stuff Bobby.

No Worries likes this.
  14. marky :)

If we're talking about AR15's that were used in mass shootings(like the one in Florida), they all seem to be premeditated so the cooling off period probably wouldn't have worked. Longer time for background checks, maybe. But based on how background checks are now, the shooter would of gotten his AR15 regardless. Instead of the shooting happening February 2018, it could happen December 2018.

I'm not against trying to change the laws to acquire weapons, I like the "red flag law" and hope that reaches other states. That would be a better start than the typical "lets just ban guns outright or classes of guns".

15. No Worries

Let's ask @bigtexxx @Trader_Jorge @Bobbythegreat etc.

16. No Worries

Don't forget his law degree!

17. No Worries

How about 100 years old?

Assault rifles are not constitutionally protected. Just ban them.

You don't need semi-automatic rifles to hunt deer. Ban those as well.

18. NewRoxFan

Hence my saying

I don't see how having to wait 3-4 weeks to get your gun is an unreasonable limitation on gun ownership. Especially since law enforcement wants more time to effectively check... and since studies show waiting lists reduce gun homicides (and suicides).

I'd also like a national database that will improve and speed up background checks. Again, this doesn't seem an unreasonable limitation on gun ownership.

19. Bobbythegreat

Bobbythegreat Member
    Supporting Member

Just because something is completely ineffective doesn't mean that we shouldn't be spending all of our time and efforts trying to push for it. Who knows, maybe it'll work this time, miracles happen.

20. fchowd0311

Damn I forgot . Hard Knocks Law School. Impressive .

No Worries likes this.