1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

Sources: Mutual Interest between Joe Johnson and Houston

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by cyberx, Feb 2, 2018.

1. Garner

Garner Member

Boom.

vince, James.B.H and D-rock like this.
  2. bratna8

bratna8 Member

Is this fake news?

3. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

No.

4. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

I like it.

Another playmaker

Chanmarr likes this.
  5. Fyreball

Fyreball Contributing Member

Isn't this Charm City dude a known troll?

Edit: I know Windhorst said word on the street is that he's coming here, but this guy makes it sound like it's 100% happening.

Sean Dr34ms, D-rock and DonKnock like this.
  6. roswell raygun

Players who get bought out still have to clear waivers. A team with cap room could claim Johnson, but like you said, they would inherit his $10.5 million salary. Allen, by the way, has a veterans' minimum contract, so his salary won't be an issue if he gets claimed.

D-rock and forchette49 like this.
  7. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Not saying he’s not signing here...but for the people that are saying “boom” over a random’s tweet, it baffles me after the whole Melo summer that you guys don’t learn and deny our fanbase’s homerism.

Hopefully someone worth a damn confirms the actual signing; but stop making our fan base seem delusional.

D-rock and Roc Paint like this.
  8. bratna8

bratna8 Member

[​IMG]

DonKnock and AceOfSpades like this.
  9. rockets13champs

Bro that is some random twitter guy... only trust Woj or shams

10. Reeko

Reeko Member

11. xtruroyaltyx

xtruroyaltyx Member

He’s just tweeting what windy said on tv.

12. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

The source was brian windhorst not the random guy on Twitter. Your “I’m a better fan here to lecture you all” schtick is lame

Vivi, D-rock and Reeko like this.
  13. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

So what would be the difference then, between a buyout and an outright waive or release by the Kings, if another team put in a claim? In this scenario, it sounds like any team would still inherit his old salary?

14. Zoplicone

Zoplicone Member

Nope. The guy claimed Windhorst said it’s done. He did not. He says what he’s hearing is all signs point to that, but then that guy tweeted it in a manipulative way.
    The buyout isn’t even complete yet let alone us agreeing to terms

But go ahead and see only what you want to see and call someone speaking the truth lame

15. justtxyank

Teams don’t put in claims normally in these scenarios even if they want the player. There’s a gentleman’s agreement with teams and agents not to do that.

From the waiving teams perspective, in a buyout the player has forfeited actual cash from his salary before he gets waived. He still counts the same on their cap or luxury tax, but his actual hard cost to the team is reduced

forchette49 likes this.
  16. khanhdum

khanhdum Member

yea Windy only said word on the streets so still a lot of assumptions. interesting what dan tony will tell JJ to get him to sign here since I don't see any playing time at all

17. justtxyank

Your schtick is lame. I’m pretty skeptical of everything and even I’m rolling my eyes at your constant theme of calling the fans here homers and acting like we’re all idiots and you are the only one reasonable enough to see that nothing will work out for the rockets

BonziWellsGOAT, Vivi, mikol13 and 2 others like this.
  18. pippendagimp

pippendagimp Member

if this is true it will bode very well for our playoff chances. joe johnson could just step in at the 4 when ryno sh!ts the bed and win us a key game

elmotsangtt and D-rock like this.
  19. forchette49

forchette49 Contributing Member

Thank you, so it seems like I'm half right anyways in the sense that the waiver wire would simply be a technicality in this scenario. The player IS essentially buying his freedom to sign where he wants to then.

Quickly explain what this "hard cost" is then, if he in fact still effects their cap and tax?

20. elmotsangtt

elmotsangtt Member

Hope Allen, Joe, bogut can join Rockets. If they go to other teams, it will the threat to us