1. Welcome! Please take a few seconds to create your free account to post threads, make some friends, remove a few ads while surfing and much more. ClutchFans has been bringing fans together to talk Houston Sports since 1996. Join us!

[Sacramento Bee] Rockets Have Expressed Interest in George Hill

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets: Game Action & Roster Moves' started by Reeko, Feb 7, 2018.

1. Reeko

Reeko Member

http://www.sacbee.com/sports/nba/sacramento-kings/kings-blog/article198990179.html

As Thursday’s noon trade deadline approaches, the Cleveland Cavaliers remain one of the teams interested in acquiring Kings point guard George Hill, according to multiple league sources speaking on the condition of anonymity.

The Houston Rockets also have interest in Hill, the sources said.

But the Kings are proceeding with caution on any deal to move the veteran because they don’t want to become the dumping spot for another team’s bad contracts. They’re inclined to pass on any deals that don’t include acquiring young players or draft assets.

The Kings could do a one-for-one swap with Houston if they were willing to take forward Ryan Anderson, sources said. But Anderson, the former Oak Ridge High School and Cal star, has two more seasons left on his deal worth in excess of $41 million – the kind of contract the Kings want to avoid.

Sacramento wants to maintain financial flexibility over the next couple of years to either add an impact player or re-sign players who are still on their rookie contracts.

Hill to Cleveland has been discussed for weeks, with guard Iman Shumpert the key player who would come to the Kings. Hill’s $20 million salary for this season has been a hangup in negotiations, as has the fact the Kings would likely have to take at least two players, meaning they’d have to cut down their roster. They’re not inclined to part with a young player like Malachi Richardson.

If the Kings don’t trade Hill, he would remain a valuable trade asset for them in the summer, or into next season, because his three-year, $57 million contract has a buyout option in the third year. That makes him appealing to a suitor who only wants to commit to him for one season.

Hill is averaging 10.3 points and 2.8 assists this season and has moved to a backup role behind rookie De’Aaron Fox.​

2. rockets13champs

3. ElPigto

ElPigto Member
    Supporting Member

Doesn't make sense, I don't expect anything to happen.

kevtse, Tfor3, ROXonROXonROX and 8 others like this.
  4. rockets13champs

I actually really like this Hill for Anderson deal

Deuce, Elephant810, roslolian and 3 others like this.
  5. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

I don't get it. Unless we are trading Gordon in another deal, a trade for Hill makes no sense.

Tfor3 likes this.
  6. tmoney1101

tmoney1101 Contributing Member

Morey working in the shadows.

hakeem94 and mikol13 like this.
  7. rockets13champs

I think trading Hill in summer if we’re trying to open room for Lebron would be easier than trading ryno

bilaal14, IvanLCPM, roslolian and 3 others like this.
  8. malakas

malakas Member

Anderson for Hill?
    I will take it!

Deuce, Elephant810, roslolian and 5 others like this.
  9. BigggReddd

BigggReddd Member

Just had a friend link me to this article.

Gotta be total BS. Wtf is a Sacbee?

bilaal14 likes this.
  10. rockets13champs

Their version of Houston Chronicle

11. Reeko

Reeko Member

Ryno for Hill, and then Ego for Tobias? Who knows what Morey is thinking.

12. J.R.

J.R. Member

They want off Ryan Anderson. No one is taking Ryan Anderson without significant assets attached. So let's shop him around for other bad contracts. George Hill is a lesser bad contract.

Sacramento Bee newspaper :rolleyes:

Deuce, amaru, c1utchfan925 and 8 others like this.
  13. justtxyank

justtxyank Contributing Member

Would absolutely do that.

Definitely makes sense to move Gordon if you are trading for Hill. I wonder if they would use Gordon to get a first round pick to help move Ryno.

Reeko likes this.
  14. rocketsballin

rocketsballin Member

ryan and eg for lebron and nets pick confirmed. i dont mind taking shump off their hands. could be decent backup plan if we're short on defensive wings in the offseason.

15. YOLO

YOLO Member

no thanks.

16. Clutch

Clutch Administrator
    Staff Member

Sorry, @JR... I screwed up the thread by merging all three that were started. Yours was the best-formatted post but it was second so I put that as the OP and somehow lost yours.

Deuce, c1utchfan925 and DonKnock like this.
  17. meh

meh Contributing Member

Anderson and 1st for Hill makes some sense for both teams. Sacramento gets a 1st for an extra year of Ryno's salary. Hill would be basically expiring at the summer which can be flipped to Cleveland for LeBron if that materializes as a possibility. Hill also isn't deadweight as a player either. And I assume the Rockets can play more 3-guard lineups.

ilias and Red Chocolate like this.
  18. aroundtheblock2

I guess we have a guy waiting in the wings to replace Anderson's size. I guess its worth it to get Anderson off the books and George Hill would be a lot easier to deal. I'm just not sure how a rotation with George Hill would work, but it would certainly give CP3 and Harden more rest down the stretch.

Also, to add: George Hill is a SUPERB 3 point shooter.

19. Reeko

Reeko Member

How much compensation do u think Sac would need to swap Hill with Ryno?

if Morey added Hill and Tobias this deadline I’d be very happy

20. baller4life315

baller4life315 Contributing Member

I suppose the argument being made is we’ve exhausted all traditional routes for dealing Anderson, now we’re simply swapping Anderson-for-Hill because we think Hill is the better player and will be more easily traded again this summer.

xtruroyaltyx, bilaal14 and roslolian like this.